Friday, March 14, 2008

Tan Lines

“I have to tell you something,” I gazed up at Jordan as we sat together on his couch the next evening.

“What’s that Babe?” He asked but didn’t take his eyes off the TV and the episode of the Family Guy that we were watching from the season one DVD.

“I have to tell you something,” I repeated. “Tell you about something that happened at the beach yesterday when I was there with my family.”

“Oh?” He raised a brow as he tilted his head to gaze down at me – a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Did you lose your top and flash the entire beach?” He asked with a smirk. “That would be something you’d have to tell me about and reenact so I could see.”

“No,” I rolled my eyes while I tried not to laugh. “I didn’t flash anyone.”

“Oh,” he sounded disappointed but he was smiling. “That’s good Anna, it wouldn’t be a great way to spend your ‘Aunt’ time with the kids anyway – unless…” His eyes narrowed, he leaned down and whispered, “You were showing the girls how to get a man to do whatever you wanted, weren’t you?”

“Jordy!” I shook my head and laughed. “I didn’t flash anyone.”

“Well,” he sat back with an indignant look on his face. “I can’t believe you would bring up flashing and then tell me you didn’t do it just so you wouldn’t have to reenact it for me.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at him, I knew he wasn’t serious – the sparkle in his eyes told me that much. “Oh Jordy,” I wrapped my arm around him and snuggled close. “I don’t need to accidentally flash at the beach to flash you, you know.”

“Good,” he replied. “I’ve been hoping to get a closer look at those tan lines of yours for a while now.”

“Tan lines?” I repeated innocently as my fingers gently stroked along his neck. “What makes you think I have tan lines?” My gaze met his as his whole body tensed beside me.

“Y-y-you…”

I raised a brow. Smiling, I leaned up and pressed my lips against his jaw. “I’m sorry,” I whispered softly against his skin. “I didn’t quite hear that.”

He took a couple deep breathes and then squeaked, “What the hell kind of beach are you taking those kids to?”

“It’s a fun beach Jordy,” I chuckled.

“A fun one?” He asked hoarsely as he tilted his head until his lips brushed against my neck. “Tell me about it Anna.”

“Well,” I stared at a spot over his shoulder while I tried to keep all rational thought with me as his mouth moved along my neck. “There’s the sun, it’s hot –”

“Mmmm, like you,” he mumbled against my skin as his hands made quick work of pulling my legs over his. “Tell me more.”

I bit my lip to stop from groaning as he sent shivers through my body. “There’s water and sssss-and!” I hissed as his lips closed around my earlobe.

With a chuckle, he released my lobe and gazed down at me. “Sun, water and sand,” he repeated. “Those sound like they could be lots of fun.”

Just by the heat in his gaze, I was sure that his mind was going the same way mine was, so I asked him. “Thinking about us naked on the sand with the water lapping over our bodies?”

“Hmm, something like that,” he chuckled. “Then I would see those tan lines you say you don’t have.”

“Tan lines?” I giggled. “You wanna see tan lines?”

He nodded, “But you don’t have any, or so you say.”

With a smile, I pulled away from him and fell back against the couch. “In that case,” I stretched my arms above my head, arching my back as my right leg started to slip back from his lap to slide behind his back. “There’s only one way to settle the ‘do I or don’t I’ question.”

“How’s that?” He asked with a grin. “You’re going to flash me?”

Shaking my head ‘no’, I relaxed against the cushions of the couch. “You are going to come here and do some exploring,” I told him. “You can start from one of two points,” I informed him. “One being,” I stroked my fingers along my neck and down my shoulder until I ran into the collar of my shirt and stopped.

“I like one,” he told me as he started to move towards me.

“Wait,” I pressed my foot against his chest. “There’s still one more way – can I show you?”

His fingers wrapped around my ankle as he took a second to ‘think’ about what I asked him. “Hmmm,” he smiled as he focused his attention on my socked foot. It wasn’t until he tossed my sock over his shoulder and began to massage my foot that he turned to gaze down at me once again. “Show me.”

“Way two is…” my hand trailed away from my shoulder, down to the swell of my breast and lingered at its hard peak. Jordan’s breathe hiss out of his body as his fingers stilled on my foot. “What’s wrong Jordy?”

“N-nothing,” he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “I just…” He trailed off as my fingers circled over my breast. “Did…” he swallowed hard. “Didn’t you have something to tell me?”

My fingers stalled and my heart stopped. “You don’t want…” I looked away.

“Are you kidding?” He asked a little breathlessly as he moved over me. “I want,” his hand brushed my breast as he buried his face against my neck. “I want nothing more than to explore every inch of your body, and not just in search of tan lines Babe.”

Turning my head, I asked why he stopped me if that was the case.

He placed a kiss against my neck before he moved to gaze down at me. “I know you Anna,” he stated. “If we do anything right now and you don’t get to tell me what it is that you started to say, you’ll feel guilty.”

My eyes focused on his lips while I imagined them pressed against very intimate parts of my body. “It wasn’t important,” I sighed.

“Yes, it was,” he kissed my cheek.

“No,” I shook my head. “I don’t believe it is.”

With a chuckle, he told me to stop staring at his lips and tell him. “I’m very curious to know why Josh called me out of the blue last night.”

“What?” My eyes jumped to his.

“That’s more like it,” he smiled. With another kiss pressed against my cheek, he moved from his position over me and came to rest beside me. Pulling me against his side, he held me. “I would like you to tell me what happened at the beach.”

I resisted the urge to ask him what Josh had said because in the end it didn’t matter what Josh said or what I said, he would believe whatever he thought was true.

“Don’t look at me like that,” he whispered against my forehead.

“Like what?” I asked him.

“Like you think it doesn’t matter what you say.” I looked away and he chuckled. “Anna it matters a lot to me, otherwise why would I even bother to ask?” His fingers circled my chin and tilted it upwards. “I could’ve assumed what happened but then I would be an ass and I like to think I’m a pretty nice guy.”

I smiled at that. “Most of the time, you are,” I joked.

“Oh?” He raised a brow questioningly. “What am I the rest of the time?”

Rising up on my elbow, I smiled down at him. “The rest of the time you are naughty,” I nodded confidently.

Shaking his head, he told me that his naughtiness was my fault. “I was innocent until you came along.”

It was my turn to laugh, “So for 11 months, you were innocent?”

He nodded, “Yup and then you were born and the corruption began.”

“Whatever!”

“No, not whatever,” he kissed me. “The truth.”

“Uh huh,” I smiled. “So at the beach yesterday…”

14 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

While it's true Josh was an ass in the last post, it doesn't mean that he's an ass all the time. But it does take the 'blinders' off Anna to realize that he isn't the perfect man she thought he was. I believe she needed to realize that.

I hope you are all having a great day! See you next week!

Angela

EJ said...

hehe. Interesting... Why did Josh feel the need to call?

kmorales4 said...

OOOOOOOOOOOHhhhh COME OOOOOOOOOONNNnnn.

I wanna know more.



Oh well. Monday it is. I guess I'll have to wait.

Unknown said...

I love the fact that Jordan didn't just jump to conclusions about the whole Josh thing. Because we ALL know that Josh would. I mean, he was sweet in all but as soon as Josh hears something that he doens't like then he jumps down people's throats.

I love Jordan! I wish he was a real person! haha how pathetic does THAT sound?

Anonymous said...

GAh a really short post...... on a friday........... NOT FAIR!!!

Anonymous said...

are you crazy? this was a nice LONG post!

cant wait till monday =)

Carmel Beauty said...

Good post Great cliffhanger!

Anonymous said...

Nice cliff hanger, Angela. I can't wait until Monday.

Just me-I agree with you on Jordan. I think he is adorable. And I used to be team Josh.

~M

Dido said...

It sounds like Jordan is going to be an adult about the whole thing which makes me happy!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

That post was HOT but also very sweet I love jordan, I don't like josh, and I definately can't wait until monday I want to know what happens!!!!!

B

Anonymous said...

Great communication. They know each other so well. They can read each other's thoughts. With Josh, this would have been a fight and then Anna would have stomped off. I love Jordan!

Karen

Anonymous said...

It was great how Jordy didn't get all crazy when he got the call from Josh. However, we don't know what was said... I love the way he slowed them down so they could talk. That only comes after knowing a person so well. Plus good things come to those who wait!! Have we figured out how to clone him???

Anonymous said...

anyone else finding it hard to make the transition between jordan being anna's best friend and being her lover? I know they've had a few months spending time as gf and bf, but for me, it's a bit hard.. hmmm...

S

Unknown said...

No, I'm not finding the transitions weird. I mean, it was a little bit strange to hear her talk about him being sexy and kissing but after the first time she started saying it i was sold. I think that they make the perfect couple! So adorable =^)

Anna...is there someone like Jordan that you know in real life? And if so...can you send him to VA?? haha