Monday, March 17, 2008

Excuse Me While I Stare At Your Chest

For the most part, Jordan listened to me without interrupting me much.

Ok, he interrupted me a lot, it’s what he does, he thinks of things and he has to say them right away. It’s one of the reasons we’ve always been best friends, he isn’t afraid to say what he’s thinking, no matter what. I’ve always appreciated that quality, even if it did get us into trouble a lot as kids.

“So at the beach yesterday…” I started only to stop a second later when his hand reached out to fiddle with the top button on my shirt. “What are you doing?”

He flashed me his trademark grin, one that I knew from experience would lead to trouble. “If I have to listen to you talk about drooling over Josh for the next few minutes, I wanna see some cleavage.”

“Cleavage?” I snorted.

“Yes little piggy, cleavage.” His grin widened in celebration as my button slipped through its hole. “Ahhh, that’s better,” his eyes met mine. “Now you can say anything you want about Josh and I won’t even notice the drool.” With a glance downwards, he sighed happily, “Boobies.”

“Oh Lord,” I rolled my eyes and laughed. “There won’t be any drool Jordy.”

“Oh no?” He raised a brow.

“No.”

Laughter danced in the depths of his eyes when he looked at me. “Oh Babe, there’ll be drool…” his gaze drifted south.

“Jordy!” I laughed.

And then I had an idea.

“Well,” when I reached for the next button, his eyes jumped to mine - the laughter all but taken over by desire as his body reacted to the possibility of more cleavage being revealed.

“Wh -” He coughed, swallowed hard and then tried again. “What are you -?”

I slipped the button through its hole and spread my collar open a little more - giving a great view of my breasts and a tiny peek at the light blue lace of my bra.

It was amusing to watch him open his mouth to attempt to say something only to glance down and close it again. As he gaped like a fish and squirmed against me, it became very obvious just how much he was enjoying the view of my chest. I can’t even began to tell you how hot it was to know that just the tiny view I gave him was enough to set his body to stone.

“Like I was saying,” my voice lowered as I gazed at him affectionately. “I was sitting on my beach blanket minding my own business, thinking, when I realized Jesse was squatting next to me.”

“What were you thinking about?” He asked my breasts.

“To be honest?” I raised a brow and waited for him to answer.

Reluctantly he tore his eyes from me breasts. “Yes Anna, tell me honestly what you were thinking.”

“Ok,” I slipped my hand up over his chest to his shoulder where my fingers played absently with a lock of hair at the base of his neck. “To be honest, I was thinking about Josh - wondering how he was doing with Jesse since he had him this summer and wondering if he would be able to let him go when the time comes.” His eyes never left mine once, not even when I said. “I was thinking about the last time I spoke to him - the night of the party - when he asked if we could be friends; I thought about calling him to see how things were going.”

I chewed my bottom lip nervously as I saw sparks of jealousy in his eyes. “Are you upset about that?”

“Anna,” he sighed.

I closed my eyes and lowered my head - why do you have to be ‘honest’? You know guys don’t want to know that you are thinking about someone else - even if it isn’t sexual.

“Babe don’t,” Jordan’s fingers brushed against my chin. “Don’t look away.”

“I’m sorry,” I tiled my head back to look at him again. “I know you don’t want to hear that I was thinking about Josh anymore than any other guy would want to hear that their girlfriend is thinking anything about another man. I’m sorry I shouldn’t have -” He pressed his finger against my lips.

“First of all, please don’t tell me what I want and don’t want to hear - if I didn’t want to know, I wouldn’t ask. Secondly, I’m not any other guy, I’m your boyfriend and best friend - tell me whatever you are thinking, I don’t want you to feel that you can’t tell me something. And lastly, I know you are going to think about Josh.”

“But I -”

“I know,” he smiled. “You weren’t really thinking about him as much as wondering what is going on with Jesse and him. Anna, I know you, you will always wonder about the people you know - hell! I bet you still wonder about Will some times.”

I cringed as I closed my eyes. It was true.

“See?” He chuckled. “You worry, you care, you try to help - it’s who you are. Don’t ever apologize for being you.” With that he kissed my forehead. “Although, with that said, don’t tell me if you are having sexual thoughts or dreams about Josh - I don’t need to know that. I’ve had enough of that part of your relationship with him when you lived with me.”

I was unable to say anything through the embarrassment that washed over me as I remembered him walking in on Josh and me when we were making out and the time that he overheard us when we were having sex.

“Now,” he turned his gaze to my chest. “I see no tan lines; please tell me you were wearing something when you ran into him.”

“Of course I was,” I rolled my eyes and told him what I was wearing.

He glanced up at me. “I haven’t seen that one before, have I? Sounds sexy.”

“Nope,” I laughed. “You haven’t and according to the girls, it wasn’t that sexy at all.”
He groaned, “You know that means you were looking super hot right? If they didn’t like it, it had to be stunning.” Wrapping his arm around me, he held me so tight I could feel his pulse pounding. “Model it for me some day?”

“Sure,” I smiled mischievously. “That bathing suit and the ‘purple’.”

“Purple?” His brows drew together in confusion and then suddenly his eyes widened. In one swift movement, he managed to get me on my back while he pressed his hips against mine, leaving me with no doubt as to whether or not he was turned on. “Purple?” He hissed. “The purple?”

I nodded slowly.

“As in the purple -”

I kissed him. “Yes Jordy, that purple.” Gazing innocently up at him, I pouted, “You did ask me to model that for you, didn’t you?”

“I - I…” he stopped making sounds at that point.

“So,” I chuckled. “Like I was saying, Jesse was squatting next to me.”

It took him a few minutes to recover enough from the shock to pay attention to what I was telling him. While I was talking, he returned to rest on the couch beside me but had tugged my leg over his hip and held me close - most of the time I was talking to his chest but I made it all the way to the end without too many more questions. “And then Josh asked me if I was really happy with you.”

“Uh huh,” he nodded. “And what did you say?”

“Yes,” I grinned. “I just smiled and said ‘yes’.”

“Yes?” Jordan repeated slowly.

“Yes,” I nodded.

“Wow,” he looked impressed.

“Yeah,” I smiled. “You make me happy Jordy.”

“You make me happy too Anna, very happy.” We lay there, in each other’s arms, gazing into each other’s eyes for the longest time. It was probably the most calming, yet exciting moment of my life.

“Tomorrow night,” he broke the comfortable silence that settled around us.

“Tomorrow night?” I frowned.

“Yes,” he nodded. “Mike and Eric are out for the weekend so Mom invited Nick and me over for supper. When she asked me a couple days ago, I hinted that I might bring someone because I was hoping that I could convince you to come with me - even if it was as my ‘friend’. Although, now that your family knows about us, you can go as my girlfriend and everyone can finally know about us.” He searched my eyes for a moment. “What do you say? Will you go to my parents’ house for supper tomorrow night?”

I hesitated. I wanted to tell my family but I wasn’t really wanting to let his family - his parents mainly - in on our relationship.

“Or not,” he sighed his disappointment. “We don’t have to tell them, I guess. I’m sure they’ll find out some time.”


“Jordy,” I stroked his cheek with my fingers. “You know I want everyone to know that we are dating.”

“But?”

“But…” I shook my head as I realized how stupid I was being. You should be there with him just like he was there for you like you wanted him to be. “But nothing,” I said confidently. “I would love to go to supper with you.”

“Great!” He kissed me. “I can’t wait to tell my family about us! I’ve been dying to tell them for so long!”

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this story! this is going to be a good post tomorrow! happy st pat's! -a

KBear said...

i still wanna know what josh said to jordy!! lol

good call at the last minute anna.. 50-50 relationship.that's the key!

Anonymous said...

yay i love this blog
happy moments
so when are we going to go to the sexy moments? lol

Anonymous said...

I would love to see them go on an actual date together and see what happens!!!! Instead of always hanging out with family or sitting in the living room.
~M

Lady said...

I don't know... something about Jordan's last statement is bugging me. No, not bugging me, but is intriguing. I don't know exactly why, but when I read that, my eyebrow shot up and I had a "hmmm" moment. Maybe its just the way he worded it or something like that, but...

I'll just wait til the next post. My wheels will be turning til then. Thanks Angela!

Linds said...

Happy St. Patty's. I am also wondering what Josh had to say to Jordan.
L

Anonymous said...

"The purple?" lol jordy's so cute lol

Anonymous said...

what's "the purple"? that confused me. did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

whats the purple???

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - it was reference to something written about back on January 26, 2007...in the 'The Thunder Rolls...' post.

if you wish to reread it...
http://viewfromthischair.blogspot.com/2007/01/thunder-rolls.html

if not...just read this part taken from that entry...

As I was driving, my cell phone rang a couple times but I didn’t even try to answer it, so when I finally got to work, after calling Zach and letting him know I was ok, I checked my messages.

The first one was from Josh. “Hey honey, I just wanted to apologize for the way I left last night, I wish I could’ve stayed there a little longer. I've been wondering about that question that you didn't get to ask me, maybe we can talk about that tonight? Jess had a great time with Conner, he was wondering if they could play together again soon. I told him I didn’t know because Conner was only visiting. I’ll call you later, bye Anna.”

The second, third and fourth were from Jordan.

“Babe, it’s snowing, be careful out there!”

“Babe, do we have anymore laundry soap? I can’t find it.” Pause. “Oh, wait never mind, I found it.”

“Hey it’s me again, I never thought to ask, did you need anything washed?” Rustling. “Hot damn! Babe, the purple lingerie, I like. Maybe you’d model them for me later?”

Unknown said...

Anon...thats why she linked it

go to the link and you can read about "the purple"

Unknown said...

Anon...thats why she linked it

go to the link and you can read about "the purple"

Carmel Beauty said...

doing a dance singing love this blog love this blog!! :-)