Thursday, March 6, 2008

Family ~sigh~

I had asked Cassie to remain quiet about my change in relationship with Jordan. At first she didn’t want too but when she realized that she knew something that no one else knew, she got all excited and promised to let Jordan and I be the ones to tell everyone.

“Great,” I gave her a hug. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go,” I grinned. “My boyfriend is waiting for me.”

Cassie squealed and gave a little laugh. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do Aunt Anna.”

With a chuckle, I told her that I was old enough to do things she couldn’t.

“And what exactly are those things?” Zack came down towards the swings where we were hanging out. “What are we talking about?”

Cassie tried really hard not to let her dad catch her glancing my way but he saw it anyway.

“Come on Anna,” Zack reached his hand out towards me but I took a step back. “We need to talk sis.”

“Later,” I told him as I glanced at my watch, it was just after 9. I started to walk away from him, “I have to go Zack, I told Jordan I would meet him almost an hour ago.”

“Jordan?” Zack raised a brow. “You are going to Jordan’s?”

“Mmhmmm,” I nodded with a smile as Cassie covered her giggling with her hand.

“Yeah?” Zack glanced at Cass and then back at me. “So you’ll be there until you come home tonight?”

“Yes Zack, I’m going straight to Jordan’s and when I leave there, I’ll be going straight home. Is that ok with you…dad?”

Giving me a dirty look, he told me that it was fine. “Although when you get home tonight, we are going to sit down and talk.” He turned to go, “So don’t visit with Jordan too late.”

I rolled my eyes, “Don’t worry, I won’t break curfew,” I threw over my shoulder as I started to walk away.

“Hey!” He came after me, grabbing my arm and turning me around to face him again. “Don’t you roll your eyes at me and walk away - that’s not how we do things in this family, you know that!” Releasing my arm, he ran his hand through his hair. “Look Anna, I’m worried about you - really worried.”

“Don’t worry Zack, I’m fine. In fact I’m better than fine, I’m happier than I’ve been in a long time.”

“Yeah,” he nodded slowly. “That’s what worries me.”

12 comments:

Carmel Beauty said...

Okay Zach truly what is wrong with you? Why can't the girl be happy? He is such a worrier. It's kinda cute but not really because at this point it gets to be annoying.

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone

I hope you are all having a great day ~s~

I know today's post is way shorter than every other post but I had to quickly end it because something came up here....nothing serious, so don't worry...I just have to go do some stuff that I didn't expect to have to do today.

I'll see you all tomorrow ~s~

Angela

Anonymous said...

why is zach so worried that shes happy?..

Callie said...

he might be worried shes so happy because he thinks that anna is back with josh. she was happy with him and never really around which seems to be the same kind of thing going on here except anna hasn't completely lost herslef in her boyfriend. I could see how zach is worrying about anna being so happy if he's thinking that she's back with josh.

Anonymous said...

or maybe he thinks shes doing drugs...

Anonymous said...

Hey remember the blackout she had? I'd be worried too if my sister passed out for a few days and I wasn't able to wake her. Somethings up, Anna just doesn't know it yet.

J

Dido said...

I think he is worried because she is being secretative and he doesn't know what she's doing.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I don't think she's really being fair... She knows how close she is to her siblings, and she can see how worried Zach is, and only coz he cares. I think she should have told him when he asked before she left.. Or def when she gets back. I know she shouldn't feel like she should have to answer to anyone, but that's not her nature anyway. It's just coz she had a blackout recently and he's kind of always been a father figure to her, taking over the reigns at a tough time... Just my 2 cents worth

S

Carmel Beauty said...

Angela,

Is the blackout significant?

Anonymous said...

See it doesn't matter with who she's with, she always consumes herself with whoever she's with, STIL TEAM JOSH - how's that blog coming along - LOL!!

Anonymous said...

~is confused~ what blog Anonymous?

I don't believe that it's fair to say she's consumed with Jordan because, unlike her relationship with Josh, she is spending time with her family.

Anonymous said...

Just kidding about the blog, hoping you would start one FEATURING JOSH!! Wink, wink!! LOL!!