Thursday, March 20, 2008

Family Stuff

I wish I could say that it didn’t bug me that Harriet didn’t seem happy that I was there with Jordan but it did. My first thought was that I was his girlfriend, I had every right to be there with him whether she liked it or not.

“Hi mom,” Jordan moved forward to give her a kiss on the cheek. “It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it?”

“Why yes Jordan it -”

“Is Nick here?” Jordan asked, as if he didn’t see Nick’s car in front. “And Mike?” He moved past his mom.

“Of course they are in the living -”

“Great,” he spun around and smiled at her. “Shall we head to the living room then?” He glanced at me still standing on the front step, “Come in Babe, don’t be shy.”

Harriet gave me a questioning look as I removed my shoes. With a ‘I don’t know’ shrug, I followed Jordan into the living room.

“Hey guys,” Jordan greeted his brothers cheerfully as he crossed the room to where Amy was holding a fussing Bradley in her arms. “Amy,” he sat on the couch next to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek which not only surprised her, it surprised everyone who witnessed it. “You are looking very pretty today.”

Amy blinked. “Thank you Jordan,” she smile at him but soon shot Nick a questioning look.

“And this little guy,” Jordan turned his attention to his nephew. “How are they treating you kid? Is your daddy being nice? If he’s not just tell me, I’ll set him straight.”

While Jordan was busy shocking everyone with his surprisingly out of character behaviour, I was left standing, unnoticed, with Jenna in my arms. Unnoticed that is until I called out to him.

“Babe come sit down,” he slid over to the end of the couch and patted the spot next to Amy that he just occupied. “I swear Bradley has grown a lot since the last time I saw him.”

“I doubt he’s grown all that much since yesterday,” I said as I crossed the room and took a seat next to Amy. “Oh,” I cooed as I gazed down at my Godson. “Jenna look, it’s your cousin, isn’t he just the cutest little boy ever?”

Jenna leaned over and stared at Bradley. “Bebe,” she stated as she shoved her doll back onto Jordan’s lap and held out her arms and waited. When Amy didn’t hand over Bradley for her to hold, she stared innocently up at Amy. “Bebe?”

Amy hesitated and I can’t say that I blamed her. “Don’t worry,” I smiled at her. “I’ll make sure that he’s safe.”

After looking to Nick, who nodded, Amy turned towards us and carefully placed Bradley in Jenna’s (my) arms. Once she held him, Jenna started to ‘talk’ to him and giggle.

“I wonder what she’s saying to him,” Jordan said as he leaned in close to us.

“I don’t know,” I looked up at him. “Maybe she’s telling him all the family secrets.”

“Maybe,” he smiled as his hand brushed against my knee.

As I stared up at him, I felt this overpowering desire to kiss him. I believe he felt it too because his gaze dipped to my lips and when his eyes met mine again, his eyes held the same look I’m sure mine did.

“So ummm,” Jordan pulled back from me and glanced around the room. “Mike!” He jumped off the couch and went over to sit on the arm of the loveseat his brother and Eric were seated in. “It’s good to see you guys.”

Mike laughed, “You aren’t going to give Eric a kiss on the cheek and tell him he looks very pretty today?”

“Well, I could.” Jordan stated as he stood up.

“No, no,” Eric shook his head as he turned red. “It’s not necessary.”

“Ok,” Jordan sat down again. “But you do look…pretty?” He shrugged his uncertainty. “Can guys look pretty Babe?”

“Let’s see,” I pretended to think about that. “Handsome…gorgeous…good looking…fine…sexy…hot…doable…” I shook my head. “Nope,” I smiled at him. “I don’t think I’ve ever said a guy was pretty before.”

“Doable?” He chuckled. “I didn’t ask what you thought about me.”

“Whatever,” I stuck my tongue out.

“Hey!” He pointed to me. “Don’t think I won’t come looking for that later!”

Shaking my head, I turned my attention back to Jenna and Bradley but my thoughts had definitely turned to what he could possibly expect later. And the thought of touching him, any part of him with my tongue, was very exciting. I shifted as I gazed at him from underneath my lashes, watching him as he continued talking with Mike and Eric.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t even notice Amy was taking Bradley to feed him until I felt like I was dropping him. “Sorry,” I apologized when I realized what was happening and released my hold on him.

“Jenna!” John exclaimed as he came across the room towards us. “How’s Papa’s little girl?” In my arms, Jenna perked up and started to bounce as he sat down in the empty spot next to me. I guess I didn’t mask my surprise very well because John asked me what was so surprising about a little girl being happy to see her grandfather.

“Nothing,” I managed to say. “I guess I just haven’t been around to see you two together - I was just shocked - especially after the reaction you had to -”

“That’s all in the past Anna,” he slipped his hands under Jenna’s arms and pulled her onto his lap. “Guess what Papa got for you.” He held a pink Disney Princess purse in front of Jenna. “Do you like it?”

Jenna gasped and then grabbed for the purse with the biggest grin on her face. She pulled it down to her lap and then started to look it over until she found the zipper. She struggled for a moment and when she couldn’t get it to open, she slipped off John’s lap and ran towards Jordan. She held her new purse up to him and waiting for him to open it for her.

“Come here you,” Mike grabbed her around the waist and pulled her onto his lap - blowing against her neck to make her laugh out loud as Jordan pulled the zipper open for her.

“Dad?” Jordan gave John a puzzled look as he pulled out a $10 bill.

“What? I can’t give my granddaughter a present?” He asked accusingly - almost offended that Jordan would even question it.

“Well, no I -” Jordan glanced at Nick and stopped when Nick held up a toy wallet. “Never mind,” he handed the purse to Jenna. “Did you say thank you to Papa?”

Jenna shook her head.

“Then don’t you think you should?”

With a nod, Jenna slipped out of Mike’s lap and came running back over and threw herself at John and said something. “You’re welcome,” John picked her up and hugged her.

From across the room, I watched Jordan watching his dad with Jenna and I was sure that I saw something that resembled a longing for that kind of affection for himself. When he glanced my way, he shrugged slightly as if to say ‘at least Jenna has that’. I nodded, I couldn’t think of what else to do. With a smile, Jordan turned back to the conversation he was having with Mike.

8 comments:

Anna said...

So I feel bad...I thought I had posted this entry earlier today - yesterday...umm...Wednesday! I came here to see what you guys had to say and I was surprised that it wasn't up!

Sorry about that...

Angela

Nic said...

I'm wondering how everyone will react when Jordy finally says that Anna is his girlfriend.

Mehreen said...

I don't think it'll be that surprising considering how they're acting. I can't figure out Jordan's dad, I dunno whether to love or hate him!

Anonymous said...

these posts are getting boring...Yawn...How bout something exciting?

Anonymous said...

Anna,
I love the direction the story is going in. I am so glad that Jordan's parents have embraced Jenna. I hope they're happy when they find out about Jordan and Anna.

So does this mean there will be a post later today??

waggsgirl3022 said...

Anna!!!

I love this story! and I love how it is going =)

so does this mean we get a double post day ( fingers crossed)

~Angel

Anonymous said...

I loved this family post. I can't wait to see Jordy's Mom's reaction....priceless.

~M

KBear said...

i really think the reason his mom is so upset, is because she thinks anna is just his "friend"

she was probably hoping jordy would finally move on and bring a girlfriend - cause she wants him to be with someone and be happy.

he's pining for anna, and harrietter thinks he should move on, because she doesnt know anna and jordy are together