Friday, January 11, 2008

Telling Him

“Take his keys,” I whispered to Cassie before Jordan joined us. She shot me a questioning look and I smiled, “If I tell him Wade is here, the first thing he’s going to want to do is leave.”

She clued in, “But if I have his keys, he can’t leave.”

“Exactly!”

“Exactly what?” Jordan asked as he rested his chin on my shoulder and I felt his hand on my waist. “What are you two planning?”

“To get you drunk and take advantage of you?” I replied jokingly.

He laughed and whispered, “We’ll see who is taking who,” in my ear before pulling away from me.

From the look on Cassie’s face, he didn’t whisper low enough; I thought her eyes were going to bug out of her head. “Close your mouth,” I hissed. “Get the keys.”

“Oh, oh!” Cassie looked at Jordan who was bouncing Jenna in his arms, laughing as she cracked up. “Jordan, I’ll need your keys.” Jordan raised a brow, “It’s a requirement to come into daddy’s party,” she reminded him.

“Yes, I remember,” he smiled. “Did you know your Aunt Anna and I used to do this when we were your age too? Stand out here, goofing off, in between stealing keys from partygoers and then driving said partygoers home after they got shitfaced.”

“It sucks,” Cassie pouted.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “It does but think of all the cool cars you get to drive!”

“Ben won’t let me drive the cars,” she told him and I started to laugh.

“Wow, that sounds just like you!” I slapped my hand on Jordan’s shoulder and gave him a little push. “I recall being told a girl doesn’t know how to handle a car, let alone one with a stick.” And before I could stop myself I added, “I’ll have you know Jordy, I’m very capable of handling a stick.”

Without missing a beat, he replied, “I guess you’ll have to take me out for a spin, then, Babe.”
Cassie gasped.

Jordan slowly turned his gaze in her direction, “I…umm…” he stammered as he turned a little red. “Cassie! What do you think about Jenna’s dress?” He asked to change the subject.

“It’s very pretty,” Cassie said in a child-like voice as she poked at Jenna; Jenna didn’t like that, she pulled away from Cassie to bury her face against Jordan’s shoulder.

“Jenna!” Jordan tried to pull her away from him but she wouldn’t let go. “Now I know you aren’t that shy. Say hello to Cassie.” Jenna shook her head, “No? Oh ok, do you want to dance with daddy?” She looked up. “Yeah,” He smiled, “I knew you’d go for that.”

“Well ladies,” Jordan pulled out his keys. “It was a slice but I have a date to impress.”
He started to walk away and Cassie jabbed me in the ribs, “Aunt Anna! Wade!”

“Damn!” I took off after him. “Jordy wait up!” When I caught up with him, he asked what was up. “Well, see, I have something to tell you.”

“You want to run away with me?”

“Ha ha,” I rolled my eyes. “No, I ran into someone today at the liquor store and they showed up here tonight.”

“What?” He looked pissed, “You think I want to know that you are inviting strange men here when…oh forget it.”

“Jordan!” I grabbed his arm before he could turn away. “I didn’t run into some strange man and invite him here! I ran into Wade, and apparently he knows Chad because Chad invited him here.”

“Wait,” he waved his hand at me. “Are you telling me that that fu -” he bit his lip when he realized he was still holding Jenna. “No,” he shook his head, “I’m not staying here, not with that.” But he didn’t move.

“Look Jordan, he said that you jumped to the wrong -”

“Oh did he?” Jordan chuckled. “Cozied up to him, did you? Let him whisper in your ear? Tell you how wrong I am?”

“Grrr!” I threw my hands up in the air. “Jordy for the love of God! Is it possible that you were wrong? That you wanted to believe it because you weren’t happy with Bella?”

For the longest time he just stood there staring at me, his jaw twitching. When he finally spoke, he took his time. “Of course I wanted to believe that Anna; how could I not? I was fooling myself, thinking that Bella and I would work. How could we work when I didn’t love her?” He snorted, “The woman I love isn’t in love with me.”

I knew he felt that way about me, and to be honest, I thought that it was a phase and that he would get over it. It’s been six months since he first told me that he loved me and despite all that has happened between us - the fights, the ‘break up’ of our friendship and everything else - he still insists that he loves me.

“Jordy,” I sighed.

“Hey Uncle Jordy!” Lindsay came running up, slightly out of breath. “All the little kids are playing down by the play gym,” she gently stroked Jenna’s head. “Do you want to come play with Conner and Jesse and the others Jenna?”

Jenna glanced at Jordan, “Sweetheart, if you want to go play, you can.” With the biggest grin I ever saw, Jenna slid out of her daddy’s arms and right into Lindsay’s arms. “Have fun baby!” Jordan called as Lindsay walked away with her.

Once they were gone, Jordan and I stood there in an awkward silence, something that barely ever happened to us. After a few minutes, I figured it would be best if I excused myself, so I told him I would see him a little later.

“Hey Anna?” Jordan called out to me as I walked away.

“Yeah?” I spun around to find him right behind me. “Hey,” I chuckled nervously.

He didn’t say anything; he took my face in his hands. I froze, my heart was beating really fast, I swear everyone around us could hear it. I knew that he as thinking, his green eyes told it all as they darkened.

I had a split second to think this whole thing through, if I kissed him it could open up a whole can of worms that I knew I wasn't ready for, especially with my feeling being all over the place because of Josh. If I didn't kiss him, he would get upset and...

"Anna," he sighed as his thumb rubbed over my bottom lip. "I want to kiss you so badly," he admitted. Resting his forehead against mine, he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I can't get you out of my head - I can't. I don't know what I'm going to do, I really don't. I mean," he sighed heavily. "You are in love with Josh."

"Jordan," I shook my head, "About that..."

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please have her walk away from him! You can't flirt and want to kiss 2 guys who are at the same party. Have some decency Geez

Anonymous said...

WALK AWAY ANNA!!!! Don't say anything about Josh right now. It isn't the right time. Even if I weren't Team Josh, which I am, I would still think this is very bad timing!

Anonymous said...

I of course want her to kiss Jordan. Great chemistry!! CAN NOT WAIT FOR MONDAY!

-Karen

Revee said...

Kiss her kiss her already. They are so hot together!

Anonymous said...

But he will figure it out if Josh is there. Anna and Josh won't be hanging all over each other.

Mehreen said...

Omg, this party has hours of drama already and it just started! I really hate Wade, I hope he dies of alcohol poisoning. Ok, that was mean, I take it back, but I do hope he backs off or I'd be ok with Josh/Jordy teaching him a lesson. I can't wait for her to tell Jordy, you're evil for dragging this on all weekend!

Anonymous said...

There she goes again!! Now she is totally flirting with Jordan, and making it seem like she wants to be with him.

Anna, please make up your mind already!!

She really needs to have sometime alone without any guys b/c she is clearly very confused.

Vikki said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

I'm with Anon 3:oo pm, Now is not the time to tell Jordan that you aren't with Josh anymore.

Please don't do it!!!

Great post Angela :^ )

Melissa Robinson said...

I think Jordy should know, because he is anna's friend but at the same time...if you dont tell him now it will give you time to figure shit out with Josh who I hate.

Anonymous said...

"about that...josh and i arent together anymore and i want to try things out with us!Kiss me!"...
those should be the next words out of anna's mouth!...
TEAM JORDY!! *woot woot*

Snoopy said...

I HATE JOSH! 100% TEAM JORDY! I think my fav posts are when they are getting all hot for eachother.!

FORGET JOSH! Its old already... go for Jordan!

BTW Yay! They gave back access at work... for now anyways.

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
~T

Anonymous said...

hey, sorry to get off topic, but has Shar's blog gone private (tales of a transplanted bostonian)? If so can anyone give me her email address so i can email her to get on her list...?

DDgirl said...

wow!!!!!!
can't wait for next entry!!!

Anonymous said...

She needs to tell him about Josh and kiss him. Josh isn't right for her.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Laura

Revee said...

Let's get this party going!!

Anonymous said...

Why wait to tell the truth? Spill it before it gets way too complicated.