Monday, January 14, 2008

Ride With Me

As much as I hated to admit that a relationship I was so sure would last, was over, I knew that I couldn’t keep it from Jordan; he knew me. If I didn’t tell him, he would see the change in me - in my relationship with Josh. Jordan would notice that I wasn’t out with Josh as much, he would start asking questions when I stopped rambling on about Josh and he certainly would notice the lack of affection between us.

Sure, I was all over Josh the moment I saw him at the party but who could blame me? I didn’t want to break up with him. If it was up to me, I would’ve been in his arms. But it wasn’t really up to me, you can’t force someone to be with you and Josh didn’t feel that his life was in order enough for us to be together.

I knew I had to tell him, not only because he was my friend and he cared about me. No, I needed to tell him for me. I needed to admit, out loud, to everyone who mattered to me, that Josh and I were over.

If only the words were easy to say. If only it was easy to admit that you failed.

“Anna?”

I glanced up when Jordan said my name.

“What were you saying Babe? Some thing about Josh?” His face twisted as if he caught the whiff of something awful. “He didn’t ask you to marry -”

“No, Jordy,” I sighed. “The thing is -”

“Uncle Jordan! Uncle Jordan! Uncle Jordan!” We turned to see my youngest niece, Natalie, running towards us looking rather upset. “Uncle Jordan!” She came to a halt at our feet. Planting her hand on her hip, Natalie told him she was upset and he just had to fix it now.

Chuckling softly, Jordan asked her what he could do for her.

“Your baby stole my doll Uncle Jordan! She won’t give it back!” It was funny to watch her as she spoke, she gestured wildly with her hands - throwing them up in the air after she said Jenna wouldn’t give her doll back.

“Nat, Jenna is just playing; it’s not a big deal.”

Natalie’s eyes widened, you would think Jordan told her the world was ending. “Playing? Lulu is my doll Uncle Jordan! I was playing with her and Jenna stole her from me! I told her ‘no’ and she ran away!”

“Ladies and gentlemen, my niece, the drama queen,” I laughed as she shot me a dirty look. “It’s ok Natty, Uncle Jordy will get your doll back but honey, did you ever think that Jenna wants to play with you?”

Her forehead wrinkled as she frowned at m, “Play with me?”

“Yes,” I bent down so I was at her level. “Jenna doesn’t have that many little girls to play with Nat; the only kids around her age are Conner and Jess, and they are busy playing together.”

“Hey, wait a minute,” Jordan looked hurt. “There’s nothing wrong with having two boys as friends, you turned out alright!”

“Oh Jordy,” I reached up to pinch his cheek. “I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. I meant that Jenna probably wanted to play dolls as opposed to playing cars.”

“Action figures?” He questioned hopefully.

“No, Jordy, dolls. Dress up. Make up -”

“Whoa, stop right there, she’s only one Anna, no make up until she’s 70.”

He looked so serious, I just had to laugh. “70?”

“Yes,” he nodded. “I should be senile at that time, so I won’t even notice.”

“Uncle Jordan!” Natalie tugged on his shirt impatiently. “Can I have my doll please?”

“Oh alright,” Jordan groaned reluctantly. “We’ll get your doll but then your aunt has to save a dance for me.”

Natalie looked up at me, “Aunt Anna you’ll dance with Uncle Jordan, right? Cause I really want my Lulu back.”

I love my nieces; I would do anything for them. Luckily this time, what Natalie wanted, wasn’t something I wouldn’t want to do. I loved to dance with Jordan, he has so much energy and he knows how to have fun. Dancing with him is always an adventure; you never know what he’s going to do. “Well if I have too.” Jordan and Natalie both told me that I did. “Ok,” I pointed at Jordan. “You get her doll and I’ll be yours…”

He grinned.

I continued, “For one dance.”

He screwed up his face as he stuck out his tongue at me. “Come on Nat,” he took her hand. “Let’s go see what Jenna is up too.”

“Oh! Oh!” Natalie started jumping around, tugging on Jordy’s arm, like the little girl she is. “Can I have a ride Uncle Jordan? Pleezeee?”

He considered her for a second. “Sure,” he swat down with his back to her. “Hop on up in the saddle little girl.”

Once Natalie climbed up in his back, Jordan slowly rose to his feet. “I’m off to fight the good fight, little lady,” he winked at me and with a hop, he took off across the lawn with Natalie clinging to him while laughing.

19 comments:

Anna said...

Hey everyone, as I'm typing this, my parents are entering my place...I planned on writing a long ass post - it's the 300th one - but I have stuff I have to do for my parents...

Hope you have a great day!

Angela

Mehreen said...

Well that was disappointingly anti-climactic, but I suppose I should've known something would interrupt Anna. Oh well, looking forward to the next one!

Carmel Beauty said...

Looking forward to the next post. Happy 300th post Angela!!!

KBear said...

you know what? i kind of agree with Anna - maybe she does have to tell jordan, if only to make it more real for her to finally have told someone about her and josh, and maybe it will help her move on from josh

KBear said...

you know what? i kind of agree with Anna - maybe she does have to tell jordan, if only to make it more real for her to finally have told someone about her and josh, and maybe it will help her move on from josh

Anonymous said...

Happy 300th!

Silly Parents don't they know we need to know what happens next?
I want her to tell Jordan about Josh.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Happy 300th!

Silly Parents don't they know we need to know what happens next?
I want her to tell Jordan about Josh.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Wow 300. Still love it as much as the first:)
L

Anonymous said...

I don't want her to tell Jordan, because he is going to push her again. I am Team Josh though I understand why they aren't together right now. But Jordan and Anna should not be together. Even if they maybe would work in the future- she still has some feelings toward Josh and so she would be confused in her new relationship. Maybe in a couple of months if Josh finds out it's his kid or she stops seeing him and can move on her and Jordan would work. But not right now.

Unknown said...

Grrrrr! I reeeeeeeeeally wanted to see what his reation was going to be.

Parents....

they. ruin. everything.

happy 300th post thought girl!

Anonymous said...

argh! lol i really really wanted to see what was going to happen! Well at least this makes it more intense!

Happy 300th!

DDgirl said...

It was funny!!
Thank-you Angela for giving us 300 wondeful entries!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 300th post!
Didn't Anna break up with Josh because he got someone pregnant? Now she's saying that he can't be with anyone while he's dealing with it! Of course I'm Team Jordan (in case nobody noticed that before!), but she needs to be honest with herself and see that Josh isn't 'the one' for her.
And she needs to do a little dirty dancin' with Jordan (not for the good of the story, really....for the good of the readers!) :-)

Anonymous said...

I second the dirty dancing Catrina

Anonymous said...

Bring down the house Anna and Jordy! Woowoo!

Anonymous said...

Happy 300th post!

Anonymous said...

I want the dancing and a kiss. A mind numbing kiss from Jordy!

-Karen

Anonymous said...

Let's get this story going, this party has lasted long enough!

Tanner said...

So my parents needed me to help them with their passport applications...let me tell you, it was not fun ~l~

Some time today there will be a post...~s~

Angela