Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tell Me No Lies

Hearing Wade utter those words shocked the hell out of me but to hear that he was saying them to Josh, pissed me off. Where the hell did he get off thinking that he had a chance with me, let alone voice that opinion to anyone?

Turning slowly, I saw Josh giving Wade the dirtiest look possible while Chad was standing off to his right, looking a little unsure of what to do. Josh happened to look up, his gaze locking with mine. Boy, if looks could kill.

“Why are you telling me this?” He asked while still looking at me.

Wade shrugged, “Just thought you would like to know that she’ll be in good hands.”

“Oh please!” I rolled my eyes as I marched towards them. “Why on earth do you think you’ll ever get your hands on me?”

“Well Sweetheart, my mom always told me to dream big and well…” his eyes skimmed down my body. “I’m dreaming baby.”

“Well keep dreaming Wade; it’s going to be a cold day in hell before I ever give you a chance.”

“I’ll be waiting there with the blankets Sweetheart.”

“Oh my God!” I rolled my eyes. “When are you going to give up?”

“When you stop resisting me Anna.” He smiled. “I know it won’t be much longer now.”

“How do you figure that?” I crossed my arms as I glared at him.

“You are talking to me,” he simply. “A couple months ago, you just rolled your eyes at me. I’m making progress.” He laughed when I rolled my eyes.

Josh, who had been listening to us the entire time, scoffed and started to walk away from us.

“Get this through your thick head Wade; I’m never going to date you. I’ll never be your girlfriend and you know what? I don’t think we’ll ever even be friends. I’m not interested. Please just stop. Please.” I sighed. “Just leave me alone.”

I felt bad about possibly hurting Wade’s feelings but I had enough of his confidence. Scanning the crowd, I spotted Josh and hurried over to him. “Hey there,” I slipped my hand onto his forearm. “I just wanted…” he pulled his arm out of my grasp.

“Don’t you have to get back to your ‘next boyfriend’?”

“Oh come on! You know I have no interest in Wade.”

“Do I?” Josh stared down at me. “How do I know you didn’t plan on being with him the moment you got rid of me?”

“Got rid…” I shook my head in disbelief. “You were the one who decided to end our relationship Josh, not me.”

“Well you didn’t put up too much of a fight.” He accused me. “At first I thought it was because you couldn’t wait to run to Jordan and finish what you started a few months ago but that wasn’t it, was it? You were going to screw him over and run to that little jerk.”

“What the hell have you been drinking?” I grabbed his cup and sniffed it. “I really think you better start hitting the water because you are losing it.”

“Why don’t you just admit that you are happy that we aren’t together? You can’t wait to get back out there and date every single guy who hits on you!”

“Oh for the love of God! Josh just stop it! You know damn well that I didn’t want to break up! I wanted to be with you but you decided that it would be best if we ended things because of all the drama in your life.” I threw his cup on the ground and went to him. “For your information Buddy,” I jabbed my finger into his chest. “I think that it was a shitty thing to do - to drop me because you got some other chick pregnant. Why didn’t you give me a chance huh? Why did you decide that we had to be over? Did you think it mattered to me if you had children with other women?” I paused for a second to take a breath. “I didn’t care Josh! Because, silly me, I figured that our feelings for each other were strong enough to get us through anything but you obviously didn’t feel that way!” Stepping back from him, I asked him why he didn’t feel that way. “Was everything a lie Josh? Were you just looking for a way out? Did you even love me?”

He didn’t reply.

“You didn’t, did you? You never loved me at all; you were just playing with me.”

“This is ridiculous!” He snapped. “Of course I love you Anna!”

“No,” I shook my head. “You don’t. You can’t. Why else would you insist we break up over the possibility that you might have fathered another child? It doesn’t make any sense - one minute you are asking my brother for my hand in marriage, he tell you ‘no’ and suddenly there’s…” I trailed off as I had a thought that made me sick to my stomach. “There isn’t another child, is there? You were just bored with me and you figured this was a good way to get rid of me. Make me think that you were upset with my brother saying no and then made up the baby story to throw me off what’s really going on. You never loved me!”

“And you think I’m the one who had too much to drink?” He shook his head in disbelief. “I never lied to you about the baby Anna and I never lied about my feelings for you!”

“Then give me her number.”

“What?”

“Give me her number; I want to talk to Tracy.”

“Like hell!” He started to walk away from me. “You’re crazy.”

“Don’t you walk away for me!” I grabbed his arm. “What are you so afraid of Josh? That I’ll find out you are full of crap?”

“I have nothing to be afraid of,” his eyes were as cold as his voice as he turned around to look at me. He got up in my face, “Are you really questioning my feelings for you? Do you really want her number?”

“Yes.”

“Fine,” he snapped as he told me her number.

Without taking a moment, I pulled out my cell, with my back to him, I dialled the number he gave me. A couple rings went through before I heard the voice of the ‘other’ woman. “Hi Tracy?”

“Yes,” she replied hesitantly. “How can I help you?”

“Hi,” I repeated. “This is Anna, I realize that you don’t -”

“Josh’s Anna?”

“Ummm…” I shifted from foot to foot, suddenly a little uncomfortable with the whole scene that led up to this phone call.

“You have to be Josh’s Anna, I don’t know any other Anna’s who would be calling me.” She sounded so friendly and so nice; I wanted to slap her around. “Josh has told me so much about you.”

“He did?” I glanced at Josh, he was toeing the ground as he listened to my side of the conversation.

“Yes, he did.”

“So…” I took a deep breath. “How’s the baby?”

She chuckled nervously, “Baby?”

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!
i wonder how many people saw them fight?! maybe jordan found out they were fighting and that they broke up...
aw man this is going to kill me! what does tracy have to say!!!!

Anonymous said...

Omg u r amazing hands down
I was just like WHAT!
Omg I hope she finally forgets about josh and that jordy provides some comfort and support and a lil lovin!!

I loved this post
Thank u angela


B

Anonymous said...

OMG, seriously she needs to get over Josh and just forget about him. And what's with this whole one minute she's all over Josh and then the next she's flirthing with Jordan and leading him on? She's actually kind of leading them both on.

Anonymous said...

i totally agree, she just makes out with him when he arrives. Hello mixed signal, I gotta tell you I really don't like Josh, the fact that he believed what Wade was saying made me want to punch him. And Anna ended the relationship as much as Josh did, so the fact that shes blaming it all on him is a little childish. I kinda think she needs to grow up and just stop fooling around with Josh when its suppose to be over. The whole Anna Josh story comebacks is kinda really starting to bug me. Your a great writer though, you really capture the audience into caring what happens.

Unknown said...

Anna did NOT end the relationship as much as Josh did. He is the one who pushed her off to Jordan. She's not leading him on either. JOSH said that there was too much shit in his life to make it work. He's selfish, childish and immature. Get rid of his ass already.

Please please tell us in the next post that he made the baby story up and she kicks him out of her life for good. PLEASE!

I am team 'get josh the hell outta here!'

Anonymous said...

Anna did too break up with Josh, when she found out about the baby she left him and was the one who said to him that she was never "in love" with him. Then one night she stopped by his apt. and Josh told her there was too much drama in his life right now to let Anna be a part of it. Oh, and talk about being a prick, he's still rubbing the "kiss" episode in her face by telling her to go back to Jordan and finish what she started. What an ass. He'll never grow up and I don't know what Anna still sees in him. I guess my own life experiences knows this guy is not a keeper no matter how handsome and charming he may be. He has alot of issues that he cannot let go of, and for that reason, he's always going to make Anna's life miserable.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't really make sense to me. Josh seems into her still. At least until this post. And the night they walked and he told her about the baby. Look how he greeted her at the party. Why would he want to sabotage their relationship? Why does he flip back and forth from wanting to make love to her to being a jerk and not trusting her? Huge differences of how he acts from post to post.

-Karen

Carmel Beauty said...

Good post!!

Anonymous said...

Great Post but Josh needs to go away. Now. He's annoying me to now end. And she keeps going back for more. I have this terrible feeling they'll get back together now. Unless she lied and there is no baby. But still NO JOSH.

Anonymous said...

Things will never work out, they are still fighting and they are not even together anymore. It's obvious Josh never trusted Anna, otherwise if he did, he would believe her when she told him she wasn't interested in Wade. He's such a looser. And besides,jealous or not she's free to date whomever she wants, who is he to get all up in her face about what Wade said. I wonder why Tracy chuckled nervously about the baby. I can't wait to read the next post.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. I did NOT see that one coming.

Awesome post!!

Anonymous said...

I also want to know, how is Jesse handling the break up of Anna and Josh? He really wanted her to be his Mommy for a long time. Has Carol turned herself around since her husband went to jail? Maybe Jesse doesn't need Anna as badly if Carol is treating him well......

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait for the next post. I wonder what Tracy is going to say. Maybe she didn't know that Josh told Anna, or maybe there is no baby... update real quick please please pretty please!

Anonymous said...

I think it's interesting how much Tracey seems to know about Anna...have her and Josh been talking alot since the supposed pregnancy?

EJ said...

FABULOUS POST!! I said "OH MY GAWD" like 5 times...

I've been a HUGE "Team Josh"er from the beginning but he's seriously being a prick. And good for Anna for getting some balls and getting up in his face.

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST!!!!

I was actually a little excited about the welcome at the party but this came out of no where. On one hand I think Josh is being a jerk but I also think he is doing these things because he doesn't think he is good enough for Anna and Zack may have pretty much told him that she belongs with Jordan. This is getting good....I say GET RID OF WADE!!! He is like an ITCH that won't go away!
~M

Unknown said...

I don't think there's a baby. I think Josh was trying to push Anna away because no one things he's good enough for her. But that was real prick thing to do! Plus he's being stupid about the Wade thing.

Shar said...

I don't know if I'm on a team anymore. I really think Jordan should move to CA so Anna can move on with her life without Josh. I want a new guy to sweep her off her feet and away from all the drama!

Dido said...

WTF??!! We all know there is no way we can predict what Angela is doing to us here! She makes us crazy & loves it! I would seriously guess that Josh is about 18 by the way he acts - sorry Josh fans! I'm with Shar, Team New Guy!

Stacey

Mehreen said...

Both Wade & Josh need to go. Josh is way to quick to believe what other people tell him without confirming anything with Anna first and if he REALLY made up a baby to see if Anna would run to Jordan, then their trust issues run even deeper than I thought. I wonder if Jordan is aware that they're over now...and I think Josh & Jordan should simultaneously punch Wade in the face, I didn't think it was possible to abhor a fictional character this much.

Anonymous said...

Why does Anna need any guy?
I think Anna should move away from all this drama. There are Wal-Marts all over the world for her to choose from.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she is saying "Baby?" because if the baby isn't born yet she is not really ... omg, I don't know. Drama!

I love that Anna stood up and told Josh how she felt. Too bad she still likes Jordan, I can tell.

Now I'm going to die from the suspense until you post again!

Anonymous said...

LOL Meg!! Pretty funny!!

I don't know why and can't put my finger on it, but I am team Josh too. He has issues, she has issues so to me they are a match if you follow the whole story.

The banter back and forth in my opinion will never stop even if she ever finds another..

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just wow. Josh has turned into one of the most childish people in Anna'a life. She doesn't need this drama, but she just keeps on playing the game...

Vikki said...

Josh is being a complete and utter TOOL!!! He's just gonna take Wade's drunken ramblings as truth and run with it? Are you nuts?!
I bet he did lie about the Baby. And where is Jess? How come Anna hasn't had any interaction with him at this party? I miss him :^(

GREAT POST!!!
I can't wait to read the next post!!

Anonymous said...

Ok so what Josh did sucks but I think that he did it just like Mookie said- because he felt like he wasn't good enough for her after Zach told him so. I think Josh loves her very much. He just wants her to have a good life. Just like he said- he thought that she would go back to Jordan. He probably thought that by making up a story that would make Anna and him break up she could move on without feeling guilty. I think it was totally wrong of him to do, but kinda sweet that he loves her that much. Still Team Josh.

Anonymous said...

Basically, Josh is calling Anna a whore. Whether he's hurt or upset or angry, there's no reason to treat someone you 'love' like that. I'm not sure what his deal is and I don't care! (Okay, that was just for the drama, I really do care why he's acting like this...) Anyway, hopefully his behavior will come through loud and clear and Anna can see him for what he truly is and not what she thinks he is. As for some of the other comments, he thinks he's not good enough for her, he's right.

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief, did he really lie about a pregnancy? All the more reason she needs to get rid of this jerk and move on to better men!!!