Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Games Men Play

Jordan was fuming, I could tell just from the way he held himself as he watched me with Wade. I didn’t really want to dance with Wade but I couldn’t stand to let Jordan think that he could tell me what to do now; I didn’t need anyone to tell me what to do. It didn’t matter if I was being stupid or not, it was my choice and looking up at Wade as he turned me towards him, I regretted that choice.

“I’m glad you said yes,” he told me as he placed my left hand on his shoulder and held my right hand in his hand.

“Don’t read too much into this,” I told him.

“Oh I know you only did it because Jordan said not too,” he smiled at me. “I don’t mind, it means I get to dance with you.”

This guy was too much for me, I didn’t understand him at all. I kept shooting him down and he just kept coming back for more, did he really not like himself or something? I had to know. “What are you doing?”

He frowned, “Dancing?”

“No,” I shook my head. “Why don’t you get the hint and leave me alone? Why do you keep coming back to bug me?”

“I’ve never met a woman like you before Anna, I find you intriguing.”

“I’m just a normal, average, everyday woman Wade, there’s nothing special about me. Don’t you think it’s time you stop whatever game it is you are playing and go find someone else to bug?”

“See? That’s the thing; I’m not playing any games. I do find you interesting and I would like a chance to get to know you better.”

I stared up at him, “You can’t be serious.” I chuckled, “Are you into rejection or something Wade? Is that why you keep coming back for more?”

“Give me one good reason why you won’t give me a chance to get to know you,” he demanded as he tried to hide his hurt expression.

“You aren’t my type,” I replied without missing a beat.

“Oh?” He raised a brow. “What, pray tell, is your type? And how am I not it?”

“Well, first off,” I lifted my hand up and flicked his hair. “I don’t like long hair on men, totally turns me off.”

“Funny you should mention that,” he grinned. “I have an appointment on Tuesday to cut it off.”

“Uh huh,” I didn’t believe him.

“What else?”

“I don’t like men who don’t get the hint that I’m not interested - I shouldn’t have to keep repeating myself a million times only to be continually harassed.” He nodded and told me to keep going. “You are too short for me,” - he stood up straighter - “That changes nothing,” I laughed.
“Maybe not, but you laughed, that’s important.” He waited for me to tell him it wasn’t and when I didn’t, he asked me what else made him not my type.

“You irritate me, you annoy me. I just want to kick you every single time I see you. You say the stupidest things and you don’t seem to care what effect it has on people. You don’t think and I get the feeling that you think I’m a joke.” I paused for a second and then told him I wasn’t a joke. “I don’t deserve to be treated like one either.”

“Ok,” he started but I wasn’t done.

“And if that wasn’t enough, maybe the fact that I don’t have any desire to be any where close to you, should be.”

“Is that so?” He seemed amused by something.

“Yes, that’s so.”

“Then, I don’t know what to say Anna,” he chuckled. “You don’t seem to mind being in my arms at the moment.”

“I’m not…” I trailed off as I realized that I was, technically, in his arms. Sometime while we were talking, he let go of my hand and linked his hands together behind my back; we were pretty damn close. “This means nothing,” I told him as I pushed away from him.

“Maybe not,” he shrugged as his hand caught mine before I could turn away. “But I think you should give me a chance, get to know me before you assume that you don’t like me.” He let my hand drop, flashed me a smile before turning away. “You never know,” he called over his shoulder. “You might find that I’m not the jerk you think I am.”

I didn’t care to think about giving him a chance at all; why should I when he didn’t give me one the first time we met? He judged me long before he knew me, why should I forget that? Why does he think that being hypocritical right now will change anything?

I had no answers to those questions and to be honest, I wasn’t sure I really cared. I don’t know if he left just after our dance or if he stuck around and just stayed out of my way. All I know is that I didn’t see him anymore that night.

Then again, I was a little preoccupied with having a good time with my friends, I would’ve have noticed him in passing anyway.

One thing I did notice though was that everywhere I turned; Mitch was in my line of vision. After what Josh said, about Mitch feeling me out, I was surprised that he kept his distance. I like to think he was smart enough to know that I wasn’t really in the mood to have someone hitting on me with the recent break up of my relationship but I was a little disappointed that he didn’t come over to say ‘hi’ or anything. No, he would just catch my eye and smile.

When the last guest was gone and the last empty bottle was collected, I was so damn tired; I didn’t think I would make it to my room before I passed out.

“Are we going to talk now?” Jordan asked with a yawn as he followed me into the family room.

17 comments:

Carmel Beauty said...

Talk yes let them talk please let them talk

PCS said...

yeeeaay early post!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Anna! Talk! Please have the talk!

tita said...

Hey

I'm tore apart because Anna and Josh are over.
I can't believe it!!! I know that Josh has been a jerk lately but one thing's for sure... He Loves Anna and she does love him too.
I don't believe that Jordan can make her happy because they've been together for so long and he always past her by.
Please Anna make Josh come back!!!!!

Melissa Robinson said...

boo josh! i dont like him at all! I am team Jordy 100000%!!!! or team not wade!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tita

JOSH, JOSH, JOSH!!!

Bring Josh BACK (for anna)!!!

This is fiction right, like soap opera's...anything can happen!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm excited for the talk!

Unknown said...

For all the people who are team Josh....HELL NO!

That would be the biggest mistake. All those snide comments, the trust issues. It could not possibly work. Josh may have been sweet but his issues with trust turn him into a jerk. I'm not saying he's a bad guy but there is no way he can be with anyone, let alone Anna, unless he can work past all of his problems.

I was in a relationship like that and the guy was great but took all of his problems out on me and so coming from an actual person...it's not a good idea for them to be together. At least now.

Vikki said...

LOL!! @ justme. I can't wait for the talk!! This was a funny post. I LOVED IT!! Wade is starting to work his way into my good graces. But, only as a rebound guy :^ )

Can't wait to read the next post!!

Anonymous said...

is wade going to pull a reed and actually cut all his hair off?
ooooo....his witty banter with anna and the fact that he has the ability to make her laugh is great but im still team jordy and believe that anna and jordy should talk it out!

Anonymous said...

Yes talk and tell him you want to be ONLY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!
L

Mehreen said...

Anna should just tell Wade that she's not attracted to him, I can't believe it's so hard for him to take a hint. He's like Screech on Saved by the Bell!! (I <3 Screech and his 'relationship' w/Lisa btw, he's just the only male I can think of who continually returns for abuse). Can't wait for the Jordy/Anna talk, but I might burst if someone interrupts them this time!

Revee said...

Hook up hook up hook up (jordan and anna)

Anonymous said...

I think Wade should just go away, he's only complicating things more and if he's too short AND has long hair then ewwwwwwwww, I am all for Anna being with Jordan but Mitch might be interesting as well!! Just hope that Wade goes away

Anonymous said...

I bet you Anna and Jordan do NO talking the next post and just fall asleep.

I really really want them to talk already though!!!

Team Jordan!

tita said...

I'm 1000000000000% TEAN JOSH!!!!
Please pretty pretty please make Josh come back!!!!!!!
I really feel as if I were the one who lost it...LOL

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it