Thursday, January 10, 2008

Party In Progress

This is the second post for today, so if you didn't read the one before, please do so. Thank you, Angela

The party was swinging. Everyone was having a blast, even Mary was out enjoying the people like she has done every year since they started throwing these parties. She looked good, she looked happy and most importantly of all, at least to Zack, she was all over him like a love drunk teenager.

I was refilling the drinks and checking the ice when I spotted Josh and Jesse walk into the yard. He set Jesse down on the ground and was in the process of standing up straight when he spotted me, he smiled.

We met half way in the crowded yard. “Hey,” he reached for me, his hands were on my waist, he pulled me to him. His head lowered, and suddenly he stopped. “Sorry, I wasn’t thinking.”

“That’s ok, thinking is highly overrated,” I joked while pressing my body against his. “I mean, why let it stop us from doing something we both want?” Raising a brow, I nipped at his bottom lip.

He chuckled, his arms wrapping around my waist as he held me tight. “Why indeed?” He questioned as his lips met mine full on.

I knew it probably wasn’t the best idea I ever had, kissing Josh, but damn he was looking so fine in his light blue and white striped shirt and black shorts. It’s not easy to turn off feelings for a man you were dead set on marrying until everything got so screwed up.

“Mmm,” he groaned as he pulled back a bit. “You’re happy to see me?”

“Of course,” I chuckled while playing with the buttons on his shirt. “It’s not every day a very sexy man walks through those gates and smiles at me; I have to make my intentions known before someone else snatches you up Handsome.”

“You don’t have to worry about that Beautiful, I’m not going anywhere.” He kissed the tip of my nose as I asked him if he was sure. “Yes,” he nodded. “Why would I want to go elsewhere? There’s no one else I want to be with Anna, you know this.”

With a sigh, I lowered my eyes.

“Anna?” His fingers gripped my chin, tilting it back up until he was gazing into my sad brown eyes. “Oh honey,” he groaned. “I’m so sorry, I really am. I wish there was something I could do to change all the –”

I covered his lips, I didn’t want to hear him say he would change it if he could, there was no way to change all the mistakes we both made – that was history and we had both decided to be apart; if that was a permanent move or a just a break, it wouldn’t be figure out until we both were sure of our future. “Just promise me one thing Josh.”

“Sure,” his lips moved against my fingers. “Anything.”

Taking my hand away, I flashed him a smile that I didn’t feel. “Promise me that you will make sure this baby is yours, I don’t want to see you get all wrapped up in a child only to have the rug ripped out from under you.” Stroking his cheek, I shrugged slightly, “I don’t want you to be used, hurt or anything else Josh.”

His hands traveled over my back as I spoke; when I stopped he smiled at me. “I promise you that no one is going to take advantage of me. Yes, I’m in contact with Tracy and I know what’s going on with the pregnancy but I told her there’s no way I’m doing anything more until I have proof the baby is mine.” He removed one hand from my back to run it through his hair. “Anna, Tracy had a boyfriend during the time she found out she was pregnant; it was only stands to reason for me to be careful. I’m not going to take responsibility for a child that isn’t mine but I have to wait until the baby is born.”

“Ok,” I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head against his chest. “I feel bad,” I whispered. “Deep down, I know this isn’t the baby’s fault, but Josh, I feel so much anger because of it. I just wish –” I thinking I wished that the baby didn’t exist but I couldn’t bring myself to say that, instead I told him I wished that the baby wasn’t his.

“Honey, trust me, you aren’t the only one who is holding out for someone else being that baby’s daddy.”

I was going to ask him what he was going to do if the baby was his, when Lindsay came up to tell me Cassie wanted me to come to the front yard right away. Reluctantly, I untangled myself from Josh, “Why don’t you go get a drink and mingle? I’ll see you as soon as I can.”

“Sounds good,” he kissed my cheek before turning to head further into the crowd.

Cassie and her friends were on DD duty for the party. It wasn’t something Cassie wanted to do but the only other choice was to keep an eye on the small children running around, so she jumped at the DD duty; Lindsay got stuck with the ‘babysitting’ job.

“Hey Cass, what’s up?” I asked as I approached her. Without a word, she turned her stony face towards the newest arrivals. “Oh hell,” I sighed as my gaze slid over Wade. “What the hell are you doing here?”

Wade stumbled over his words as he stared at me in shock, “Wh – wh- what am I…” he glanced at the guy with him who was giving him a funny look. “I…we…” he turned back to me, a frown on his face. “Why the hell are you here?”

“I live here!” I scoffed. “This is my brother’s party and you can’t come in!” I started to leave when Chad happened by.

“Hey! Barry! Wade!” He ‘man’ hugged both of them. “You guys are late, the rest of the boys are already on their way to a hangover. Come on!”

Both Barry and Wade followed Chad. When he went to go past me, Wade turned his head, looked me up and down before smiling, “Looks like I’ll be seeing more of you than you thought.”

I rolled my eyes but he was already gone. Beside me, Cassie asked if I wanted to tell Jordan, “He’s coming in right now Aunt Anna.”

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 Boys...! Sounds like fun...!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the double post...I was having a hard day at work and really needed it!

Anonymous said...

I love how Anna has absolutely no sense of control to a man who fathered another child while "so in love with her." She wonders why shes always getting hurt?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE DOUBLE POST DAYS!!!! THANKS:)
L

Melissa Robinson said...

OMFG!!!THANKS SO much for the double! I needed it:) Damn Anna! Jordan is going to get hurt. She was hangin on him this morning and kissed him almost and then this! Anna you dork!

Vikki said...

Yeah,Anna needs to figure out what she wants to do and stop confusing herself.

Can't wait to see the drama that will ensue though. Josh, Jordan and Wade in one place?! Woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

I thought Anna and Josh were over?

Anonymous said...

What's DD duty? Designated Driver? Taking keys as people arrive?

Anonymous said...

2 posts! You rock. Lots of drama coming up at the party I imagine. And yes I agree, it seemed like she was into Jordan at his house and now is back into Josh.

-Karen

Carmel Beauty said...

Anna Honey Please make a decision and stick to it.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Thanks so much for the double post! I really, really, really hope Josh isn't the father, but I also hope that Anna makes up her mind. If she doesn't, all 3 of them (her, Jordan, and Josh) are going to get hurt. And b/c it's such a tight knit community, they won't be the only ones who are affected.

LOVE THIS BLOG!!!

Anonymous said...

What IS she doing??? Seems like just creating a mess.

Anonymous said...

I'm still team Josh! But seriously, if they are going to take a break, they need to stick to it! They are never going to get past this and find out if things will eventually work for them, if they don't stay apart!

Anonymous said...

poor anna =\ although she should find out who she wants and stick to it, i think that she was probably doing a little bit of that because no one knows that her and josh broke up.. she wants to keep it up so everyone doesn't start asking questions, especially jordan

EJ said...

I LOVE IT!! DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Revee said...

I need some steamy Jordan time.

Anonymous said...

Woooo Hooooo, GO TEAM JOSH!!!
(I know it will be short lived, but I'm still hoping and dreaming)!!

GG

KBear said...

all i can say is: oh shit!

jordan and wade in the SAME place???

i agree tho, if her and josh aren't meant to be together, they shouldn't act like they are. it just complicates things.

Good post! thanks for the doubles. im bored to tears today!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! This is why I keep coming back. I am Team Josh all the way, and each time I think that they are done for good, and I am going to be too sad to keep reading View - a post like this comes along and hooks me all over again! I love Josh!!!!!!!!!! Keep Jordan as the friend he has always been. Josh and Anna should work through the baby thing. And Anna should stay far far away from Wade! Team Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am really irritated with Anna right now. She needs to stop doing this with Josh. She needs to make up her mind. This is getting really annoying now. Poor Jordan :-( She acted like she was into him when she was at his house.

Also, I really, really, really hope she doesn't start liking Wade. I can't stand him.

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way...thanks for the double post.

You're fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way...thanks for the double post.

You're fantastic!

Anonymous said...

anna, if you play all of them ..u're going to lose them all...so make a decision and stick to it!
*hint hint* jordan!

Anonymous said...

Anna, what is your problem? You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you and Josh are broken up, then stop hanging all over him. If your not interested in Jordan romantically, then stop kissing him, your just leading him on especially since you know how he feels about you. Can't you set any boundaries for anyone? Your such a tease and your behavior is getting on my nerves.

Anonymous said...

When Anna is with Josh it's like the rest of her life with HER family and friends disappear. You start to lose your own identity when someone consumes so much of your time and being. It's not that I don't like Josh; I loved Josh at the beginning. But, they have both had so much drama between them and go from hot to cold that I really start to wonder if they will ever fall into a happy medium. I say this because I wonder if the whole "Tracy had a boyfriend" thing is foreshadowing a reconciliation between Anna and Josh before they try to do their own thing for a while. It seems like an unending/unhealthy cycle.

Anonymous said...

Since I've officially abandoned Team Josh and am definately not Team Jordan, I think I'm going to be Team Wade...yes he's a tad arrogant, but I think all their little run-ins so far show some serious sexual tension!

Anonymous said...

No....No....NO!!! Don't be kissing Josh! I admit I've been Team Jordan from the beginning, but Anna's starting to make me mad with her wishy-washiness (I'm guessin' that's not really a word!)
Give Jordy a chance, Anna! As for Wade...not just 'no,' but HELL NO!

Dido said...

I know it works like this sometimes in really life - but Anna is TOTALLY Night & Day! They supposedly had that good talk & realized they couldn't be together at least for now...but if you wouldn't have read that post and read this one, you would have thought that conversation never happened.

I think there could be something with Wade too - depending on the answer to the question of WHY was Jordan totally convinced that he was really Bella's husband. I can't remember if she tried to explain and he just wouldn't listen or he really did have proof.

Stacey