Monday, January 7, 2008

Ease Into It Again

“Anna!” Jordan shouted my name over the music blaring from somewhere inside his house. “It’s so good to see you Babe!” He grabbed my hands, pulling me into his arms, giving me the tightest hug ever.

“Starting the party early, are you?”

Releasing me, he leaned inside, shouting, over his shoulder, “Jenna! If I told you once, I told you a million times, turn that infernal racket down!” Rolling his eyes, he turned back to me, a grin on his face. “Damn kids today, with their bums hanging out and the hippity hoppity noise.”
I laughed. No, I snorted.

“Hey! There’s my little Miss Piggy,” Jordan stretched out his arm, curling it around my waist as he led me into the kitchen. “So?” He raised a brow, “What do I owe this honour? Is it my birthday?”

“Ha, ha,” I playfully shoved him away. “I just wanted to see you.”

“See me?” He gasped. “But…but…” he shrugged, “I’ve got no reply for that,” he grinned. “Come on,” he motioned towards the living room, where the music seemed to be coming from.

As I followed him through the kitchen, I noticed a new picture on his wall and he had a toaster oven and a new grill sitting off to the side on the counter. I made a comment about the changes and he gave me a funny look. “Babe, I hate to tell you, but those aren’t new; I’ve had them a while now.”

“Oh,” I smiled apologetically. “Tell me,” I linked my arm through his as we turned the corner. “What’s with the music? Are you having a - awww!” Jenna was standing in the middle of the living room, her tiny hands clutching her Dora doll as she bounced up and down in time to the music.

“Yeah,” he smiled down at his daughter. “Jenna was afraid that I would embarrass her tonight,” he explained. “So she’s teaching me a few new dance moves.”

“Really?” Jordan, along with Nick, were the best dancers I knew.

He grinned, “Yeah, check this out, I think I mastered it.” He went to the middle of the living room, stood next to Jenna and started to bounce along with her. Jenna stopped, stared up at him, giggled and then continued to bounce.

I had a good time visiting with Jordan and Jenna - he even managed to convince me to bounce along with them for a little while. We were sitting on the couch together, watching Jenna play on the floor when he turned to me and told me he was really looking forward to the party. “And so is my date.”

“Date?” I raised a brow, “You have a date?”

“Yes,” he smiled. “She even let me buy her a dress for tonight, she’s going to be so pretty.”

“She let you buy her a dress?” I laughed, “Good lord, does she know just how bad your taste is?”

“Hey!”

Laughing, I slapped his knee, “Do I need to remind you of your Batman/Spiderman get up? And how you thought it was the best idea ever?”

“Well,” he moved close to me, his arm around the back of the couch. “Babe, you know, the girls thought it was pretty hot.”

“Yeah right,” I chuckled as I looked into his eyes. “You are so weird, do you know that?”

“Mmm,” he tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear as he gazed down at me. “I should know, you are always telling me that I am.” I went to tell him he was when his fingers brushed gently against my cheek. “You know,” his arm dropped from the back of the couch to rest comfortably around my shoulders.

“I know lots of stuff,” I said softly.

“Hmmm,” he tilted his head until it rested against his arm. Stroking my cheek, he sighed my name.

“Jordy,” I lifted my hand to his, wrapping my fingers around his, pulling it away.

Coughing, he pulled away from me. “So?” He glanced around, “How is Josh doing?”

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. For some reason I couldn’t bring myself to tell him that Josh and I weren’t together anymore.

Looking back, I like to think that I was doing the smart thing, I didn’t want to get involved with Jordan like that. He deserved more than being a rebound relationship. Our friendship deserved more than that.

“He has Jesse for the summer,” I told him. “He’s very happy about that.”

“I bet,” Jordan called out to Jenna, she came running over to him, throwing her doll into his lap as she giggled. “Silly baby,” he pulled her into his lap, cuddling up with her. “I don’t want you to go home,” he whispered before turning back to me. “He’s a lucky guy.”

I nodded.

Jordan frowned.

“What’s wrong?”

He shook his head, “Nothing,” he lied.

“Jor -”

I didn’t get a chance to say what I wanted, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. “Come,” was all he said as he started down the hallway with me trailing behind him like a lost little girl.

17 comments:

Anna said...

Oh my God! I can't believe it's been almost as week since I posted here!

I hope you are all still with me...

Have a great day!

Angela

DDgirl said...

you bet we are!

Have a great day u too!

EJ said...

yay! Good post.

Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh...and the Jordy suspense starts again!! I LOVE IT!! Team Jordy from day one!

Anonymous said...

NOOOO! I am Team Josh always and forever! I am so sad everytime I read a post and Josh and Anna aren't reconciling. :( I was actually happy everytime I checked back and there was no knew post because it meant that there was no Jordan and Anna stuff. Kinda that whole no news is good news stuff or something. Crazy of me I know, but I love Josh so much! It's a good thing this is fiction or I'd be trying to get him for myself :)

Carmel Beauty said...

I loved loved loved loved this post. I am so glad anna doesn't want to make Jordan the rebound guy that would be bad, but the sparks were there I could tell. Can't wait till the next post. Did I mention that I loved this post? :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVED THIS POST!!!!!! anna and jordan all the way! :D...
josh who? lol

Anonymous said...

i bet jordans "date" is is daughter.

anna and jordan <3

The Middle Child said...

Awwwwwwww, that was such a cute post! I was team Josh... but now.. I'm swaying over team Jordans way...

Anonymous said...

You have a loyal following, Angela---we'll wait as long as we need to. I'm so lovin' the Anna and Jordan thing again. I'm still and always will be TEAM JORDAN!

Anonymous said...

AS usual, Jordan is playing games with Anna, which is why they will never work out!!

Anonymous said...

No he is not playing games with her. But I also don't think they would work either....too much damn history.

Can we pllllleeeeease get someone new in the mix?

It's like I T.V. show...every season there are new people to keep the regulars on thier toes. And it's about time that I new boy was thrown into the mix. Even if he's just a friend. We need someone.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read what YOU have in store for us Angela...

Melissa Robinson said...

I dont see how anyone is still team Josh?! He is a loser! He is immature, controlling, and whiny. Jordan is awesome! I dont think he is playing games with her...he doesnt know that her and Josh broke up so he is a sitting duck again!

Dido said...

Regardless of what team you are on - I agree we need a new guy in the mix!!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

PARTY TIME:D...can't wait to hear about the party!

Tanner said...

Hello everyone!

So there will be a post today...just later, maybe even tonight some time. Just so you know, there will be some new faces and some older faces reappearing...just how they fit into the story, well you'll have to wait and see ~g~

See you guys later!

Angela