Tuesday, January 15, 2008

No You Didn't!

The party was well underway; everywhere I looked people seemed to be having a good time.

Jordan was still down with the kids, running around and laughing with them; he looked like he was having the time of his life. Lindsay and Natalie were running around with him as well. Zack had slipped away from the crowd with Mary; they were standing in each other’s arms, talking. Mary was gazing up at him, her lips turned up in a smile; they looked like they were flirting. Chad stood with his arm around Susan while they talked with a group of guys from his work - Wade was among those people. Josh was down where the kids were, he wasn’t taking part in the fun, he was sitting on the grass with Jesse in his lap; they were playing together.

Armed with pop and food, I headed towards the house, to the front yard where Cassie and her friends were having their own little party like I used too when I was responsible for everyone leaving the party safely. I rounded the corner, glanced around quickly and stopped short, a smile on my face as I spotted my niece.

“Hey guys,” I walked up and dumped the drinks and food on the table. “How’s it going? Are you having fun? Did you need anything?”

“We’re having a blast!” One of Cassie’s friends squealed. “You guys always throw the best parties!”

I smiled as Cassie came over to me. “How’s it going with you?” I asked, wondering what was up with her and Ben - they seemed to be deep in conversation as they sat together when I walked up.

“I don’t know,” she grinned. “We were just talking and…” she shrugged happily.

“Well I hope it works out the way you want it Cass,” I gave her a quick hug. “I’m going to head back, unless you need me?”

“No, we are fine,” she started to shoo me away. “I’ll call you if I need anything else.” I started to turn away when she stopped me. “Aunt Anna? Do you think that we can talk tomorrow?” She glanced over her shoulder briefly. “I think I might need someone to listen.”

“Of course!” I exclaimed. “I’ll be ready whenever you are! Just find me when you are ready.”

I watched as she returned to her seat next to Ben. When she was seated, he flipped his hand over, resting it on his knee, as he held it open for her. Cassie hesitated for a moment, and then she smiled as she slipped her hand into his; his fingers curled around her hand. If you didn’t know them, you would be surprise to learn that only a couple months ago Cassie sat in Jordan’s living room swearing up and down that she would never be with him again. Yet, that’s what it looked like was happening. I knew she was missing him - she told me that much a couple weeks before. I knew that Ben had begged her for forgiveness and asked for another chance; swearing he would do anything she wanted if she would give him that chance.

As I thought about them, I started to wonder how Jordan would react to my break up. Would he be the friend I need him to be? Or will he start to push for me to give him a chance? I guess I’ll find out after I tell him, I thought.

After telling the kids to have fun, movement out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. “Heather? Hank?” I started forward. “Oh my, I haven’t seen you guys in forever!” I hugged them both, “What are you doing here? Are you here for the party?” I didn’t give them a chance to answer, I linked my arms through both of their’s and tried to lead them to the party.

“We just came for Jenna,” Heather explained. “Jordan asked for a couple extra hours so that he could bring her out here for the party.”

“Oh,” I frowned. “I thought he had her for the night?”

“I could go get Jenna if you two want to talk,” Hank said about the same time I asked my question.

“That would be great,” Heather gave him a kiss before he walked way. “Jordan wanted her tonight,” she told me once Hank was out of ear shot. “But we are going to visit Hank’s family for a couple days and we’ll be leaving early in the morning.”

“Oh, well, that makes sense.”

“Uh huh,” she nodded but didn’t say anything else; even though she looked like she had a lot on her mind.

“So? How have you been? How are the wedding plans -?”

“I can’t believe you are letting him go to California!”

“Excuse me?” I blinked in surprise. “Why do you think I have any control over what Jordan does?”

Rolling her eyes she told me that I had more control over Jordan’s actions than he did. “I can’t believe you aren’t trying to talk him out of this ridiculous flirtation with the Cali girl! He can’t do this! I’m not going to send Jenna off to California to visit her dad.”

“Wait a minute Heather,” I pulled her away a little further away from Cassie’s group so they wouldn’t hear what we were talking about. “First off, Jordan isn’t looking to move there, he’s just trying to find a woman to make him happy.”

“Have you met her?” She crossed her arms. I shook my head. “Well I have,” she informed me. “I dropped Jenna off while she was here, and I have to say, I wasn’t too impressed by her. I don’t know what Jordan sees in her, she’s not that pretty and she’s not that smart. She isn’t good enough for him Anna, you have to do something.”

I found Heather’s reaction a little over the top. Shouldn’t she be glad that he’s seeing someone? I asked her that and she scoffed. “If he was seeing someone he really liked, instead of someone who he’s using to kill time, then no, I wouldn’t have a problem. Anna, who he sees has an effect on my daughter and I don’t like the vibe that woman was giving off when I met her.”

“Heather, Jordan is a 24 year old male; he is probably going to date a few women before he settles down. You can’t expect him not to introduce any of them to Jenna when he feels the time is right. She means the world to him, he wouldn’t do anything to hurt her but it’s unfair to ask him not to see someone because you don’t like her ‘vibe’.”

“How can you be so calm about this Anna? Jordan is talking about doing something he’ll regret and you are just going to let him?” She groaned in frustration. “I thought you loved him Anna but I was wrong.”

“Of course I love him Heather but he deserves to be happy and if trekking halfway across the continent for some whore makes him happy then I guess it’s all good.”

Suddenly a smile appeared on Heather’s face. “Ah ha!” She pointed at me. “You aren’t happy about the Cali girl! You called her a whore.”

“Well,” I crossed my arms. “I didn’t meet her, so I really shouldn’t make rash judgements like that.”

She gasped, “You didn’t meet her?”

“Nope and it seems like I’m the only one who hasn’t.” Heather was floored by that, she asked me why and I told her I didn’t know. “I guess I wasn’t available to meet with them while she was here.”

Hank came back with Jenna and Jordan so that pretty much ended our conversation. I wandered off as Jordan started to share with them what Jenna did over the weekend.
I didn’t get too far into the crowd when I heard Wade’s voice as clear as day, “Nice to meet you Josh, I’m Wade - Anna’s next boyfriend.”

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK you have to cut to the chase. We are dying to find out what happens with Anna/Jordy and Anna/Josh at this party!!! I am usually patient with the suspense but it is killing me! LOL
L

Anonymous said...

I hope Anna goes up to Wade and punches him. He deserves it.

PLEASE post soon!! I, like previous post, cannot wait to find out what happens!! :)

Anonymous said...

What??????????? no more ANNA & JORDY info?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not fair!

i am starting to get kind of bored with the party... I want to know what happens with anna and JOrdy.

~T

Vikki said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Wade is such a TOOL!!! I can't wait to see what happens next, but please don't rush yourself. Take as much time as you need to tell your story :^)

Vikki said...

Oh, and thank you sooo much for posting on all the blogs today!! You ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

haha wade is hilarious! i wonder what josh's reaction to wade is going to be lol ...
omg seriously this jordy and anna situation is killing me! anna, tell him you broke up with josh ASAP!!!....
I CANT wait for the next post!

Nic said...

Ow let someone hit that Wade-guy. He is really pissing me off.

I think Heather is right about the Cali girl. If Jordan used her to kill time she shouldn't meet Jenna. Children are very easily influenced and get easily attached. And if Jordan doesn't see a long lasting relationship with Cali, she shouldn't meet.

Anonymous said...

This party is taking too long, get on with it already!!!!

Unknown said...

And the next thing I know Wade is on the ground with a broken nose and Josh standing over him...

Anonymous said...

Jejejeje

Wade is so funny! Actually he reminds me of Jordan, with the sarcasm and the off beat hunor. I'm starting to like him!

The Middle Child said...

What an obnoxious ass that Wade fella is. He should be hog tied and left to be poked by the children with sticks. Grrrr.

KBear said...

nah.. dont let josh punch him.. let anna:) she's a tuff cookie.. let her cold cock him one on the nose!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh God, I want to kick Wade's ass!! Why the heck is he so annoying? Ugghhh...

Ok I feel better now :-) You've got so wrapped up in the story that it feels like all this is really happening!

Dido said...

Angela, don't you think it's interesting - the different views of Wade? It could be that he is just a cocky jackass....or it could be confident in a sexy way! It's kind of hard to tell at this point! Great post!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Anna knocking Wade's block off. And I can't figure him out yet, maybe he's a true asshole or maybe he's just offbeat. Maybe he really likes Anna but has NO CLUE as to how to be himself around her, so he reverts to 3rd grade tendencies (y'know, the more I pick on you the more I like you nonsense).

Thank you for posting on all blogs yesterday, it made my day!!

Anonymous said...

i dont noe why, but unlike most people in here, im starting to like wade...
but i still want anna and jordy to be together

Mehreen said...

How does Wade even know who Josh is? Omg, this is like worse than a soap opera when you're waiting for something to happen that starts on Monday and on Friday you're still waiting! Anna needs to tell Jordy, and Wade needs to get hit by a drunk driver.

Anonymous said...

i think that wade might be one of those people who you HATE in the begining, but when you really get to know them they turn out to be really loving and caring.

idk. maybe =]

Anonymous said...

TEAM JOSH, Wade is just a pain in the *$#.

GG