Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Don't Really Know What I'm Doing

I stood, frozen, in my doorway with one hand on the doorknob and the other over my mouth as I stared at Jordan. Oh God, oh God….please don’t let him be naked, I’m not ready for this.

“Hey Babe,” he smiled at me. “Why don’t you come over here?” Patting the sheet beside him, he pulled back my blankets and held them for me.

“I…ummm…” A million thoughts were running through my head at that moment but the only one I remember is that I needed more time. “I think….well…I think I forgot to brush my teeth.”

“Anna!” Jordan called out my name as I quickly turned to leave my room again - almost running into Cassie who had come up behind me as I was moving.

“Cassie,” I tried to block her view into my room, I wasn’t sure how she would react to seeing Jordan in my bed like that. “Did you need something?” I wanted it to sound normal, but as I spoke the words, I knew I sounded nervous about something.

Cassie knew it too. “Aunt Anna is there something wrong?” She frowned, her eyes scanning my face before she looked over my shoulder; her brow shot upwards, “Jordan.” She turned back to me, “What’s going on Aunt Anna? Are you and Jordan…?”

“It’s not what you think…” Jordan’s hands slipped over my shoulders and I said the first stupid thing that popped into my head, “Your friends took his bed.”

Cassie glanced back and forth between Jordan and me before shaking her head, “It’s none of my business,” she said with a laugh. “I just wanted to say thanks for listening; I really needed to get it all off my chest.”

“Oh,” I shrugged off Jordan’s hands. “I’ll always be there to listen Cass,” I hugged her. “So are you…?”

She smiled, “I told Ben that we needed to talk. I’m going to tell him how I feel and about my fear when he goes off to college. If all goes well, he’ll be my boyfriend again.”

“That’s great!” I squeezed her tighter. “I hope it goes well Cass, I really do.”

When I let her go, she said good night and turned back towards her friends. Once she was out of ear shot, Jordan’s hand slipped around my elbow. “Weren’t we upset with Ben for macking on another chick a few months ago?”

“Jordan!” I spun around, intent on ushering him back into my room before Cassie heard but all thoughts of Cass left my mind when I came up solid against his bare chest.

“Babe…” his arms wrapped around me. Walking backwards, he pulled me along with him until he could swing my door closed. “Come to bed?”

I glanced at my bed and the nervousness came rushing back again. “You know, I don’t really feel all that tired…”

“Oh?” He smiled. “Well we can do something else if you want.”

“Like what?” I pulled away from him; I really need the space between us.

Shrugging, he told me we could talk. “I’m sure listening to me go on and on about whatever will soon put you to sleep.” When I told him that he wasn’t that boring, he told me that if we were comfy in bed, I would be out before he got started. “You always fall asleep when I try to talk to you in bed. Come on,” he motioned towards the bed as he moved towards it.

I didn’t move, I remained, unmoved, in the same place. It was the first time I really took the time to look below his neck since I first came into the room; I was relived and a little disappointed to see that he was wearing pj pants.

“What’s wrong Anna?” He sat on the edge of my bed, looking unsure of himself as he absently played with the corner of my blanket. “Are you afraid of me? I’m not going to make you do anything you don’t want too Babe. I won’t even attempt to hold you if you don’t want me too. I promise.”

“It’s not that Jordy,” I sighed as I made my way over to my bed. “I just…” I shrugged. “It’s difficult to explain what I feel right now.” He told me it was ok but I felt like I still should try to make him understand but how?

“Let’s just get some sleep,” he suggested as he slipped under my blanket. “We are both tired, we should sleep.” He laid back onto my mattress, pulling the covers up over his chest as he closed his eyes. “Good night Babe.”

I felt bad as I loosened the tie of my robe, I knew he was disappointed; all he wanted was to hold me. It wasn’t an unusual request for him; it was something he always did when we shared a bed, so why was I acting all weird about it? It wasn’t that I didn’t want his arms around me, I did, I always enjoyed it when we were close like that; it felt right.

Maybe you are just scared, I thought. It’s not like every other time tonight, we both have feelings for each other and something could happen. That’s what scared me, the fact that something could happen. I wasn’t emotionally ready to enter into a relationship with him, even though, as I stood there with my robe hanging open, I wanted him to sit before me and pull me to him. I wanted his hands, lips, everything all over me.

Sighing, I slipped out of my robe and into my bed. While I pulled my blanket over me, I watched him, to see if there was any sign that he was paying attention to what I was doing - there wasn’t. His eyes didn’t even twitch when I got into bed, I was disappointed.

I turned to switch off the lamp by my bed when a thought popped into my head. A thought that suddenly seemed like something that had to be done, otherwise I would never be able to be around him without this crazy nervousness building up in my gut all the time.

Propping myself up on my right side, I gaze travelling from his messy brown hair that needed a trim badly, down to his closed eyes and those long eyelashes that I often felt envious off; he had beautiful eyes, I loved the way the green changed as his mood did. From his eyes, my eyes slide to his mouth. I wanted to reach out, brush my fingers against his lips. I wanted to… I sighed, forcing my eyes from his lips to the strong jaw hiding under the day worth of stubble. Jordan was, always was, a very good looking guy and really taking the time to study him made my heart swell. I loved him, I always had.

And he loved me, really loved me.

Smiling, I leaned over him and pressed my lips against his briefly before pulling back to wait for his response.

It seemed to take forever, I thought that he had fallen asleep that quickly but then it happened, the corner of his mouth twitched a couple times and then finally, he smiled. “Come here Babe,” he reached for me and I let him pull me into his arms.

With my hand resting under his on his chest, I felt his breath on my forehead moments before his lips brushed against my skin. “Good night Anna.”

Almost immediately, I fell into the land of dreams, where I stayed until well into the next afternoon.

Jordan was gone by the time I woke up; I think that was the most heartbreaking moment of my life, waking up to find that he had left while I was sleeping. Even the note he left me, telling me that he had plans with his parents and he tried to wake me to tell me that, didn’t made the feeling any better.

I decided that afternoon not to wait till the next day; I gathered my nieces and told them we were leaving right then and there for the city. I needed to get out of town, to get my head on straight.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post...
I am glad they are taking it slow...if it's meant to be it will be...she really needs to heal from Josh first anyway...

Thanks Angela

Anonymous said...

wow...thats all i can manage to say right now!

Anonymous said...

I just don't know how I feel about Jordan. I always thought that Josh was perfect. If you are interested, check out my new blog www.talentedmomma.blogspot.com

It is brandspanking new.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. And, oh yeah... awwwwww. I love Jordy. He never tries to change Anna because he loves her just the way she is. Sure, he freaked and was desperate when she got with Josh and did some stupid things, but who wouldn't if they were in love with their best friend? In the end, he was still her best friend and really tries to be the best friend he can be regardless.

Dido said...

It's nice that you rein us in, Angela. If this was a book I would definitely stay up all night to finish it and then be disappointed when it was over!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I feel the same as becca. I was always Team Josh, but I'm kinda liking Jordan now. I'm glad he's not forcing her or anything and that she's trying to figure out her feelings before they rush into anything.

KBear said...

lol.. it kind of reminds me about me and my husband and how our relationship started.

i was really shy with him.. and he always called me babe.. we tried to be friends for a little while before dating, to get to know one another, but it didn't work out that way. but this just reminds me of the first time i ever slept over, minus the whole "i knew him, done this before" thing.

brought back memories!

Anonymous said...

NOW THIS IS A FREAKING AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mehreen said...

So awesome, Jordan always gives her what she needs to figure herself out. I hope she comes back from her vacation with her neices ready to take it to the next step.

Unknown said...

I love Jordy and I can't wait for the day they get together. I think it's going to happen sooner than we think!

I hope, atleast =^)

Anonymous said...

No offense Anna, really, but I am just not feeling it, Jordan and Anna, like I felt it with Josh and Anna...now that was HOT, still TEAM JOSH. I know, I know, I may be waiting for ever, but I've said it before, I can dream can't I!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post....I still don't know which way I want Anna to go. She definitely needs to get out of town for awhile.

~M

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 6:11, have you read this blog from the beginning? Jordan and Anna have had a special chemistry since day one. It's always been there, just under the surface. Since I've always been Team Jordan I didn't really see much of the Josh/Anna chemistry because with him Anna was either with Josh or with her family. It seemed like an 'either/or' situation to me.

Anonymous said...

Catrina, no offense really, because everyone is entitled to their opinion, but hell ya I've read this blog from the beginning (twice), and I'm still TEAM JOSH!!

and thanks for your comment, I love these discussions!!

Vikki said...

Aaaaw, that's sweet. But I think Anna is going to need more than a weekend in the city to figure things out. She shouldn't rush into a relationship with jordan. that would end in disaster.

Anonymous said...

I so agree anon 6:11! I have read the blog a couple of times especially after it seemed that Josh and Anna were going to be broken up for good because I loved reading the dynamics between Josh and Anna. In fact, it makes me feel so sad that they are broken up now, that I just basically skim the story everyday hoping for a mention that Anna feels like she should be with Josh. Im sure that it's not gonna happen, but I still like to dream! Angela is a great writer though! I normally don't care one way or another with other blogs.

Anonymous said...

I so agree anon 6:11! I have read the blog a couple of times especially after it seemed that Josh and Anna were going to be broken up for good because I loved reading the dynamics between Josh and Anna. In fact, it makes me feel so sad that they are broken up now, that I just basically skim the story everyday hoping for a mention that Anna feels like she should be with Josh. Im sure that it's not gonna happen, but I still like to dream! Angela is a great writer though! I normally don't care one way or another with other blogs.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh i need a new post soon! lol this is getting so good!

Anonymous said...

I am also with ya anon 6:11. I don't really feel they same chemistry with Anna/Jordy. I am still hoping that Josh will be the one. It sucks that I have gotten so into this blog because I don't look forward to the story as much when it is all Jordy talk. I am really starting to like Janies blog the best!
L

Anonymous said...

NOOOO I was totally team Josh at the beginning but now I rather see her with Jordan. I have finally realized that they have the building blogs for a relationship that will be 20 times more meaningful, powerful and hot. There is nothing like trust, respect, and love to maintain an everlasting commitment.

As far as those comments about Anna n Josh by the anons. We loved Josh because it's all we have gotten to know, and human kind fear the unknown. But it is on the risks and adventures we take, that we come to see the meaning and value of things. So I think Jordan deserves a chance to prove himself, before we decide who is best for Anna.

Either way I love your blog Angela, you have done an amazing job. And like someone mentioned before if this was a book you can be sure I wouldn't move until I had finish with all of it, and then I would be sad. So thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm dying for Anna and Jordan to get together and have Josh be crazy jealous!! HEHEHEHE

Team Jordan!!!!!!