Friday, November 30, 2007

Jordy's Babes

“I don’t want to talk about her ever,” Jordan snapped when I asked what he meant when he said that Bella wasn’t who she said she was. “I don’t even want to hear that name ever again. In fact, I don’t even wish to hear about bells for the rest of my life.”

Jordan, like me, had a tendency to lean towards the dramatic but this - wishing never to hear about bells ever again, was a little drastic, even for him. “Jordy please? Tell me what happened?”

“Anna,” he sighed. “What does it matter? We are through, I don’t wish to ever see her face again and I’m sure she feels the same way about me after I told her exactly what I thought of her.”

“You told her that you never wanted to see her again?”

“Yeah,” he rubbed the back of his head. “That and she was a whore and I wished she’d die in a horrible, fiery crash.”

“Jordy!” I gasped.

“What?”

“Die in a horrible, fiery crash?” I shook my head. “Surely what she did wasn’t that back Jordy.”

“No?” Jordy scoffed. “How would you feel is you found wedding pictures of Josh with a woman he claimed to be his sister?”

My eyes bugged out of my head. “What? Wedding pictures? Of Bella and…”

“Wade.”

“WHAT?”

“Yeah,” he sunk back against the couch.

“But she…he…What?”

Jordan sighed, “Good lord Anna, keep up. Bella lied about who she was, she lied about Wade.”

“But…but…”

“Yeah, imagine my surprise when I came across those photos of the ‘happy’ couple.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yea Anna, I’m sure. There’s no mistaking it when she’s wearing the dress standing with him at the alter.”

“But….why?”

“Well…” he shrugged. “I don’t know Anna, I really didn’t stick around to hear the sob story.”
I couldn’t believe him, “Didn’t stick around to hear the story? What if it wasn’t like you thought it was?”


“Oh?” He raised a brow. “How do you think it was Anna? She invited him here. He stayed at her place, he was around her all the time, he passed judgement on me and if that isn’t not back enough, she set him on you when she thought you were actually interested in me - like that would ever happen." He glanced at me, as if he was waiting for me to say something. I guess I didn’t say what he was hoping, he sighed again. "She moved him here Anna, he’s living with her now. What do you think that means? That she wants to set up a bed and breakfast?”

“Jordy,” I rolled my eyes. He brought his feet up on the couch and drew the blanket up to his chin, he laid back and gazed at me. He looked sad. “What’s wrong Jordan?”

“I thought…” he shrugged dejectedly. “I liked her Anna, I thought that maybe she was enough to help me get over…” he trailed off.

There was something about the way he looked at me when he said it, something about the way he shifted uncomfortably after he trailed off that led me to believe that it would be better if I didn’t ask what he was about to say. Could Zack be right? Could Jordan still have - No! I gave my self a mental shake. No.

“But now you have Olive,” I said cheerfully.

Jordan laughed out loud. “Olivia, Anna. Her name is Olivia, not Olive.”

“Oh,” I shrugged apolitically. “So, tell me about her.”

All the excitement that Jordan had earlier about Olivia seemed to have faded a little as he told me how they chat on line and he calls her at least twice a week. “She’s fun and I like her so I’m really looking forward to hanging out with her. I’m just…” he groaned. “What am I doing Anna? Do I honestly think that this is going to go anywhere? She lives in California! I can’t live there, I need seasons! And Jenna! I can’t just leave her, I don’t even like not being around her during the week but I’m thinking about…”

“Wait a minute,” I shifted forward on the couch. “Why are you talking like you are mov-” I grabbed his arm. “You can’t move! What will I -”

“You?”

I shook my head. “No, I meant…” He raised a brow. “Whatever,” I laughed. “So I don’t want you to move, is that so wrong? You are my best friend and we’ve never been apart for any real length of time. I would miss you,” I smiled. “Jordy everyone would miss you.”

“Uh huh,” Jordan nodded as he slid down the couch to sit next to me. “I’m glad you’d miss me Anna…” He lowered his head as his fingers brushed over the back of my hand. “I need to tell you something Babe…”

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you're not going to wait till Monday to tell what Jordy has to tell Anna!!!!

I can't wait to hear what he has to say.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
omgggggggggggggg

Mehreen said...

Wow, did I call that or what! I am so proud, I'm never that good at predictions! He might have wanted to hear Bella's explanation...maybe he is her brother and it's just a picture of her wedding day? Who knows, I don't care, I don't like Bella and I don't like Wade. When I first heard about the passport, I too thought Jordan was seeking cancer treatment in the states. He should go, maybe when Anna realizes how much she misses him, they can be together.

Melissa Robinson said...

good call! although I like the thought that bella was a man! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Anna, your killing us!!

Love, love, love, love, this story!!!



Sandy

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO SAY?!?!?!
JORDY TELL HER U LIKE HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

if ur gunna end a blog..end once in this life....i love it ...but if they're (amber and reed) going to get married..dont think there is much that is going to happen after that well....drama-wise

Vikki said...

Oh yeah, Oh yeah, I'm good!! Whoop Whoop!!

I still think Jordy is making up this Olivia chick. I can't wait to see what happens next!!

Anonymous said...

Please don't make us wait until Monday! I need to know!!!! Great post!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! He is going to tell her he is in love with her (Olivia)... but maybe not. i suck at predictions. :)

One day i will figure out how to publish a comment using my blogger account... :(

Randi said...

maybe...

Melissa Robinson said...

i have checked this post like 17 times since friday with no avail!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Once in this Life got the most votes. I hope this is the one you end. I'm hooked on the other 3. Let us know what your decision is soon!!! Oh, and post soon on "View" too!!