Monday, November 26, 2007

The Way I See It

I waited. I hoped that Zack wasn’t going to tell me that Josh asked for his permission to marry me but it never came, he never told me what I wanted to hear.

“Anna, I won’t lie to you,” he started as he leaned forward in his chair, propping his elbows up on the table in front of him. “Josh did come in here with the hope that I would give you two my blessing -”

“What did you do Zack? Josh left here pretty pissed, he said he had a lot to think about, apparently. What did he mean? What did you say?”

“I sat here and listened to what he had to say. He started out telling me how much he cared for you, how happy you make him and how great his life has been since you came into it.”

I blushed, even though I knew how Josh felt, hearing that he said all that to my brother made me feel wonderful. “That was pretty nice, all the stuff he said about me. Surely you thought so too?”

He hesitated for a moment before nodding in agreement. “True, it was good to hear all that about you. Anna I know that he cares about you but still I couldn’t…”

“You didn’t give him your blessing,” I finished for him. “What did you say to him Zack?”

Zack shoved his chair back from the table and stood up. “Did you want something to drink?” He made his way to the fridge to pour himself some more juice.

“No Zack! I want to know what you said to Josh.”

He made a big show out of taking a long drink from his glass as he made his way back to his chair. “It’s simple,” he told me. “I listened to what he had to say and then I told him what I thought.”

“Which was?”

“I told him I didn’t believe that you two were in the right place in life to be thinking about marriage. It’s not something that should be entered into lightly, it’s a lot of hard work.”

“We know it’s hard work Zack.”

“Yeah but do you honestly think that you two can make it? I know that it’s not going that well with the two of you right now, what with the kiss with Jordan coming up in every single argument you have. He’s not over it, and I don’t know if he’ll ever be over it Anna. I don’t think that I’ll be giving you away to him.”

“You won’t give me away?” I gasped. “But you said…”

“Honey listen to me, I never said I wouldn’t give you away. I just don’t think that it’s in either of your best interests to pretend that everything is going swimmingly between you two. Marriage is a big commitment Anna, I don’t believe that either of you are prepared to take that step at this moment in time.”

“I see,” I sat back and sighed.

“Don’t be mad at me Anna, I’m just trying to look out for you, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I know Zack,” I tried to force a smile but it didn’t work.

He sipped on his juice as he watched me for a minute. “What are you thinking Anna? Are you upset that I refused to tell Josh that he had my blessing?”

I shook my head.

“No?” He raised a brow. “Then what is going on? You look upset.”

“I am,” I told him. “I’m upset that Josh would come to you like this. We aren’t ready to get married, we do have problems, he isn’t over the kiss and it does come up every time I do something he doesn’t like. We were supposed to be working through this not jumping head first into something big like marriage. I just…” I shook my head. “How is this ‘working through’ our issues? Isn’t it just rushing pass them in hopes that it’ll all work out?”

Zack shrugged as if he didn’t have an opinion but I knew better than that, he just didn’t want to tell me something that he didn’t think I wanted to hear. “Just say it,” I told him. “Just be honest with me, tell me what you think.”

He sat there for the longest time just staring at the table top. I wasn’t sure if he was ever going to tell me what he was thinking and that upset me, I needed his opinions, I needed his thoughts on the matter. I needed advice but most of all I needed him to tell me that it was ok that I didn’t want to marry Josh at that moment.

“Zack please just tell me.”

He sighed, “Ok fine but don’t get pissed at me when you don’t like what I have to say.”

“I won’t,” I promised.

“Yeah, right,” he scoffed. “Ok,” he reached out and took my hand in his. “Sis you know I love you and I don’t want to hurt you but I think that he is never going to get pass this kiss, I don’t even think he wants too. I get the feeling that he’s holding onto this just to have something to throw at you when he wants to hurt you.”

“But Zack…”

“Just hear me out,” he told me. “I do believe that he does love you and he does care for you but Anna, I don’t feel that he’s to the point where he can’t live without you. I don’t think that he’ll ever be to that point.”

“Because of the kiss with Jordan,” I said sadly.

“No,” Zack replied. “Because he doesn’t let people in enough to trust them like he should. He hasn’t let his guard down with you Anna. It has nothing to do with the kiss."

“I don’t understand.”

“Anna, Josh doesn’t trust too many people, he told me so himself, he believes that in the end they will all disappoint him. I hoped that it would be different with you, I told him if he hurt you, I would kick his ass and he assured me that he wouldn’t. But he didn’t let you in, did he?”

“Yes he did.”

“Did he?” Zack asked. “Has he been completely forthcoming? Has he given up any part of his life to spend time with you? Has he giving you chances to explain when something goes wrong, like with the kiss? Or has he had to do everything in his own way and on his own terms?”

I didn’t answer, I wanted to tell Zack that he didn’t know what he was talking about but he has been there for the last six months, he knew everything that was going on with us.

“Anna I don’t mean to upset you. It’s certainly not my intention to hurt you.” He paused, squeezed my hand and then dealt his final blow. “Josh is my friend and I like him but I really don’t believe that he’s right for you. I believe marriage to him would be a mistake, one you may not recover from. That’s why I refused to give him my blessing.”

34 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend.

Happy belated birthday mlg6504 ~s~

I don't normally take critism to heart, I know I'm not perfect so I expect to be critized. I know there are points in my blogs were words don't flow like they should, normally it's because I change the way I was going to say it and I forget to reread it to make sure it makes sense. That's my biggest problem, I don't proofread like I should...I'm sorry for that. Other times, I just write funny ~L~

Have a great day everyone!

Angela

Revee said...

I think you do great! I love your blog. Your writing is amazing! I love it.

Zack made a good point but I'm not ready for Josh and Anna to end it. But I do want to see her and Jordan's relationship bloom!

I can't wait for your next post!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Zach. What is Josh thinking? They have too many issues to work through, maybe Josh thinks he can control her by marrying her, then he can tell her when she can see Jordan.

MonkeySpeak said...

I never reread either I make other people do it. But i like when people point things out. I think it helps me, which is the only reason why i said that.

never apologize! you have NO REASON to. its just your writing style. no one is perfect and you should never apologize for something you do - espectialy when it doesnt hurt anyone!!! I told you, i love the blog. it was just constructive crtisism.

now i have to say, i like josh but i agree with zack. and lately ive been liking jordan.

Melissa Robinson said...

I love your blogs! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I was trying to weasel a post out of you...:) Your writing is awesome, I love Zack as Anna's brother and I think he did the right thing. I dont think Josh is ready or will ever be ready?

Anonymous said...

I agree too with Zach. I just don't like how these 2 are going and I don't think he's right for her. I voted for someone new to enter her life, though I do like Jordan.

Great blogs I love your stories!

Revee said...

no one new. i think she should give jordan a chance first but not give up entirely on josh. jesse would be devestated.

Anonymous said...

This is getting interesting! Love that little twist! Don't worry about proof-reading Angela, I write a lot of papers and I know that proof-reading is the most boring part! Besides when I see a little grammar mistake it reminds me that someone normal is doing this for fun. It's not someone paid to come up with a storyline they know everyone will like. I love your stories and dedication to them. Can't wait to read the next post! Keep it up!

J

Anonymous said...

Oh Thank God. I love Zack for doing that.

Go Team New Guy!!! :-)

Carmel Beauty said...

I love your writing Anna who cares about what everybody else says your readers who by the way love your writing prove that well they love your writing.

Carmel Beauty said...

Oh about the story I am starting to think that maybe Josh is not the one and Jordan is. something to think about.

Thank you for reading my crazy blog.

Anonymous said...

Yes, for someone who has already been married once and have it end in divorce - what is Josh thinking?! I can see why Zach doesn't ever think Josh would be right for Anna!

Stacey

Anna said...

Hey guys...

Hamsa - I understand it was constructive critism, and I have no problem with that. I have no problem with most critism, especially when it comes from regular readers/commenters who are invested in the blogs and characters. I do appreciate you taking the time to point it out to me...I'm always looking for ways to improve ~s~

~l~ mlg6504, I kinda figured that's what you were hoping for

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the blog and that no one is out to stone Zack for being who he is and telling it like he sees it.

Have a good day...again ~l~ I'm trying to get a post together for Tanner...then all of the blogs will have been updated today...yay! ~L~

Angela

Sal said...

I always find it funny when people write comments that talk about editing & stuff because mine are never like that. I always leave comments about the stiry. I am always so into the stroy I never notice any mistakes, hehehe!

I am so happy that finally someone has said what I think has been the problem all along. I gald that Zach told her all of this. I think she needed to hear this from a 3rd party.

Anonymous said...

I love Zach for being such a great brother...he reminds me of my brothers. And I agree with him completely...Josh should know better than to rush into another marriage!
You are so damn talented...I LOVE reading all of your stories!
-Paula

Anonymous said...

thank god for zach!! hes a genius i just hope that anna can see that he is right and then dump josh and be alone for a while then get with jordy and live happily ever after.

Anonymous said...

The story is so good I don't even notice errors.

I can't decide what team I am on anymore. Zack made some really good points but part of me just thinks Jordan will be too comfortable.
~M

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to bring this up again...but does anyone know what happened to Shar's blog???

Is it by invitation only?
~M

Anonymous said...

I am wondering about Shar's blog also. I don't know what happened.
L

Melissa Robinson said...

someone told me that she is trying to fix it, but hasnt been able to yet. so hang in there for Shar! oh-and you cant blame a girl for trying! ;)

Anonymous said...

im either team jordy, team new guy or team wade!:D

Anonymous said...

Great job!! All of your blogs are wonderful....:)

Keep up the fine work!!

DDgirl said...

Angela,

I came to work this morning, to find nex posts on each of your blogs: I'm in blogger paradize!!!!!!

Take care

DDgirl

Anonymous said...

This post made my heart hurt a little bit.

Zack made some excellent points, and in her heart, Anna knows he's right.

BUT when I re-read the beginning of the Anna/Josh saga, I just want to cry. Yes, the start of relationships are generally pretty rosey before life interferes. But Anna and Josh have something special. I don't think it's an accident that their paths have continued to cross over the years.

So they have issues, both on their own and as a couple. But isn't the mark of a good relationship working those things out together? To stick with someone through the good and the bad? People throw in the towel so quickly nowadays and what could have been great relationships are lost because people won't work for them.

Thanks for letting me wax romantic, lol!

Obviously I'm Team Josh!!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous @ 7:29 - while you make some very good points, I think your forgetting that Josh cannot seem to work through the "kiss" issue even if he's trying. Any relationship is worth it if the couple can work through issues, but I don't think Josh and Anna will work this one out which is what Zach was trying to tell Anna. What's the point in staying in a relationship if there is no trust, and forgivness? If Josh and Anna cannot move forward then their relationship will always be strained and that's not very healthy.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you Cinnie1016.

I'm just hoping they CAN work through their issues. :-)

Carolyn

P.S. I posted the comment Nov. 27 7:29, but forgot to put my name at the end, whoops!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting a little excited here...could it be....Anna and Jordan? WOOHOO!!!

MonkeySpeak said...

Woah woah woah - I was not pointing out mistakes. It was a comment/opinion, not a put down. There is no need to get upset for ang on this one... and if you read the comment i said I could care less about grammar, misspelled words, etc. I promise if ANYONE knows the hell of re-reading something over and over it is me. Probably better than most. I've written hundreds of thousands of pages, im in charge of copy for a leading industry corp and i edit others work on a daily basis. Im not dumb to the work that goes into this. I probably can appreciate it more than most since I was a lit major in college and will be back in school for a masters one day. ( ;) ill send ya my work angela hahaha you can rip it apart for me and help me out).

Ang - Thank you for knowing my intent. it was not a knock down - but the opposite. If i didn't like the blog I wouldn't have cared enough to say anything. This is an art form and angela is great at what she does. I promise I meant no harm as Ang knows.

Keep up the amazing work, it gets better and more "nailbiting" everyday.

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness!!! Bye Bye Josh! Hello Jordy! Why can everyone see it but her???

Anonymous said...

MY HEART IS BREAKING, PLEASE DON'T SAY IT'S THE END OF JOSH AND ANNA!! I like Jordan, I really do, but not for Anna.

GG

Anonymous said...

I agree with GG. I like Josh and Anna together and I also think that too many people feel that when a relationship has problems they should just give up and thats not right. I recently re-read the whole blog again also, and I think that Josh and Anna have so much going for eachother, that they should try and work things out. So, they were having a good few weeks, and he got a little carried away with himself thinking that they were ready for the next step- they can talk about it and figure things out. I don't think marriage would be horrible for them eventually. They have alot in common and I think that Josh has made so many sacrifices in this relationship that you can tell that he would try his best to make marriage work.

Mehreen said...

I can't believe Josh asked Zach for his blessing WEEKS after he almost let her walk out of his life forever! He is ridiculous and I think Zach is right, that he wants to use the kiss as a weapon and control Anna with it forever. I'm glad she's smart enough to see they're not ready for a big step. At least when she asked for space, Jordan listened! Now I just want/need to know what HE was asking Zach about...

ctiger said...

Wow go Anna for knowing that they are not right for marrage yet. And glad Zach told her all he was feeling. Now Josh and Anna need to talk this out and find an answer. Zach maybe wrong about them "never" being ready. But they sure aren't ready now. I love all your blogs and was extatic to see a new post for all after i have been missing being able to read with the long weekend/holiday i just got done with. LOL. You have an amazing talent and i love your work. Thanks so much for sharing.

Chris

Vikki said...

I'm with Carolyn/Anonymous @ 7:29

The romantic in me believes that Josh & Anna can get through this and live happily ever after!! But, the realist however is making me wonder if maybe they won't end up together.

I'm torn :^ (