Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Stuck!

Flying up the stairs two at a time, I searching frantically for my keys so that I could really surprise Josh by walking in but after double checking all my pockets and bag, I realized that I didn’t even have my keys on me!

“Great,” I mumbled as I dropped all my bags to the floor to recheck my pockets – just in case. “Damn,” I sighed. With no other option, I lifted my hand to his door and knocked on his door.

A minute seemed to pass and there didn’t sound like there was any activity on the other side of the door, so I knocked again.

“One minute!” I heard Josh call out. The moment I heard his voice I began to get impatient to see him, to talk to him and to be in his arms. Damn, I couldn’t believe how badly I missed him.

The door knob flicked once, drawing my attention downwards but the door didn’t open. I frowned, wondering what the heck Josh was doing when it moved again.

“Jess what are you doing?” Josh’s voice came through the door.

“I open the door daddy,” Jesse replied as the knob moved once more.

“Daddy has to open this first,” I heard the dead bolt click as Josh unlocked it. Jesse asked if he could do it now and Josh told him yes.

I smiled as the knob turned – I’m thinking with Josh’s help because Jess couldn’t really reach the knob enough to turn it without Josh – and the door slowly opened. Josh came in view, he wasn’t looking at me, he was watching Jesse. It gave me a moment to really look at the man who sent my heart soaring whenever he was around.

I felt the very familiar skip in my heartbeat as my eyes traveled over him. Saying Josh was hot wasn’t good enough, it wasn’t adequate enough. He was beyond hot, he was the man who seemed too good to be real, he was a dream – and mine! I thought with pride.

“Oh watch your head,” Josh quickly moved to stop Jess from slamming himself back against the wall. “Come out,” he motioned to Jess as he started to turn back to me, wallet in hand. “How much do I…” his voice trailed off as his eyes lit up when he saw me. “Anna,” he smiled.

I laughed, “You don’t owe me anything.” He gave me a confused look and I pointed down at his wallet.

“Oh!” He flipped it shut and slipped it into his back pocket. “I thought you were the delivery guy, I ordered pizza for supper.”

“That’s Ama silly daddy!” Jesse laughed as he came up to me with his arms held high in the air. “Hi Ama, daddy say that I see you today!” He changed his mind about getting up; instead he grabbed my hand and tugged. “Let’s play!”

While Jess was pulling me into the apartment, the pizza guy step up onto the landing and headed towards us. “Just one second,” I told Jess. “I have to grab my stuff first.”

“I help!” He exclaimed and held out his hands for a bag.

“There you go,” I dropped a bag into his arms and he hugged it tight to his chest. “You are such a big help! Thank you!” We disappeared into the apartment as Josh pulled out his wallet for the right person this time.

Jess and I made our way down the hall to Josh’s room where we placed my bags on the floor in front of his closet door. “Come on,” I held out my hand to Jess. “Let’s go get you some thing to eat.”

“I have pizza Ama,” Jess threw over his shoulder, ignoring my hand as he knelt down in front of the bags and pulled one to him. “All for Jesse!”

“No,” I laughed. “Those aren’t all for you,” I started to bend down to get him out of the bags when Josh’s hand grabbed mine and he spun me around to him. “Hey! I –” my words were muffled out as his lips captured mine in a kiss that would’ve curled my hair if it was straight – it did curl my toes!

“Hey…” he sighed happily when he pulled back just enough to gaze down at me through half closed eyes. “I missed you.”

“It’s only been a day,” I pointed out even though I grinned because it made me feel so warm and tingly to hear him say that.

“I know,” he tilted my chin up further so he could gaze into my eyes. “But it seems like it’s been over a month since you left my arms. I’m so glad you are home.”

“Mmmm,” I groaned in agreement, it did seem like forever. My hands slid down his chest, to his waist and finally around to his back as I pressed my face into his chest, breathing in his scent. “Oh Josh,” I moaned. “I love you so much!” My arms tightened around him, my hands gripped his back. “I couldn’t wait for this moment,” I told him.

I could’ve stay wrap up in that moment with Josh for the rest of the night but it wouldn’t last that long, Jesse made sure of that when he cried out, “Ama it’s too small!”

“What is?” I was a little dazed as I turned my head. “OH JESS!” I snapped out of the spell I was under and stared in shock as Jesse.

“It hurts daddy!” He cried out as he tried to get the shirt that I bought for Jenna off – he had his arm and his head attempting to come out of the same hole.

“What did you do?” Josh tried really hard not to laugh as he knelt down and told Jess to be still so he could get him out.

“I look in the bag!” Jess whimpered. “I got stuck daddy!”

“Yes you did,” Josh chuckled. “I hope he didn’t ruin this,” he told me as he worked on getting Jesse’s head out of the shirt.

“It’s ok,” I knelt beside him. “I should’ve watched him closer; I didn’t think he would get into the bags.”

“Well,” Josh tugged on the shirt which got a yelp from Jesse. “Sorry Jess,” he cringed as he tugged and Jess cried out again.

It took a lot of soothing words to get Jess to calm down enough to stop crying and wiggling before we could work the shirt off his head and free his arm.

“Now Jess,” Josh looked at his son as he sobbed in my arms, his head and arm red from being confined. “Why did you go through Anna’s bags?”

Jesse stared at him, his bright blue eyes wide and red from his tears. “For me daddy.”

Josh glanced at me, raising a brow when I frowned and shook my head. “Jess if Anna did have something for you, you know you are supposed to wait for it. It’s not nice to go through other people’s bags like that.” Jess lowered his head, his little bottom lip sticking out in a pout. “Now come on, tell Anna you are sorry and you won’t do it again.”

“I sorry,” Jess said softly. “I no do it again Ama.” And then, in case I was still upset, he gave me a hug, “Love you Ama, no be mad.”

15 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope all is well with you...

Anonymous said...

AWWW!! I missed Josh and Jesse.That was such a sweet post. Go team Josh!

Anonymous said...

All together now...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Yessssssssssssss Finally we get the reunion!!! I missed jess and "hearing" his little voice. and man, i wish i had a guy give me that welcome back kiss... ;)

~T~

Mehreen said...

Aw, Jess is cute, and Josh is great, but I still have a soft spot for Jordan!

Anonymous said...

NOT FAIR! I'm Team Jordan until I 'hear' that sweet little voice!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm, TEAM J&J all the way!!

GG

Anonymous said...

I love Josh and Jesse! I am happy she is back home with them!!! Can't wait till tomorrow. Team Josh

Becmig

Anonymous said...

nooo team jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww!!!

Team Josh!

Anonymous said...

I've said before & I'll say it again - I like Jesse best!!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Great post. So cute. Love them all together.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Haha good one.. "it seems like it’s been over a month since you left my arms." it really was over a month ago when Anna left with Nick and Jordan in real time!

Vikki said...

Jess is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!! Great post!

Melissa Robinson said...

i agree Jesse is adorable! But Josh annoys me, I dont know why but he just does. I feel like maybe he is to "older brother"-ish? is that even a word? I think Anna likes him because he is strong and independent and sort of a rock in her world that she has missed since her parents death. Sorry for the psycho analysis, I just got out of psych class! :)