Thursday, November 29, 2007

For My Day In The Sun

Jordan didn’t answer me right away; he turned back to the TV and watched a couple minutes of the movie before picking up the remote to pause the movie. “Why is it important Anna? What did Zack say? Did he tell you why I stopped by?”

I debated pretending Zack said something but I really didn’t wish to lie, I hated lies and I wasn’t about to lie to him to get him to tell me something. “No, he didn’t tell me why. We mostly talked about Josh.”

Jordan shifted around until he was sitting with his legs crossed and facing me. “He asked Zack for your hand, didn’t he?”

“What difference does it make if that’s what he wanted Jordan? You know how we feel about each other, would it really surprise you?” I knew I sounded a little snippy but I couldn’t help it, I didn’t want to talk about that, I wanted to know what he wanted with Zack. “Well?” I raised a brow. “Why did you come to see Zack?”

He sighed, “Anna it’s not really that big a deal, I just needed him to fill out some paperwork for me.”

“Paperwork?” I frowned. “What kind of paperwork? Is everything ok Jordy?”

“Yeah,” he lowered his eyes, “I needed him to verify that I am who I claim to be.”

“What?” My eyes narrowed as I looked at him. “Verify who you claim to be? Why do you need to prove who you are Jordan?”

“Well they aren’t just going to take my word on it Anna!”

“Who won’t Jordy?”

“The government,” he said as he stretched to the side in an attempt to grab the papers I saw him carrying earlier – they were sitting on the coffee table. “Damn,” he grunted, he couldn’t reach the table by stretching, he had to get out from under the blanket he was covered with to grab the papers. “They want to know all sorts of stuff,” he handed me the folded papers. “They want to know where I lived, where I worked, who I been in contact with – I had to deny knowing you, they said you were a wanted criminal, sorry babe.”

“Whatever!” I scoffed as I unfolded the papers in my hand. It took me a moment to realize exactly what it was I was looking at. “You are applying for a passport?” I gave him a questioning glance before continuing to read his application. “And you didn’t deny knowing me! You listed me as someone who could be contacted about you!”

“Well you know,” he grinned as he shrugged his shoulders. “I’m hoping that they don’t call you, I’ll never get one if you start telling them my past!”

“Uh huh!” I started to refold the papers when I noticed the little envelope. “What’s this?” I asked as I opened it to look inside.

“Oh!” He jumped to grab it from me. “You don’t need to –”

“Oh my God!” I laughed out loud as I pulled out the passport photo. “You look…” I laughed.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah…” He reached for the photo. “I wasn’t allowed to smile –”

“Or look remotely human?”

“Oh shut it!” He grabbed the cushion between us and make like he was going to smack me with it.

“Do that and you’ll have a ‘domestic disturbance’ on your record,” I laughed. “No romantic foreign getaways for you then!”

He took a moment to think about that, I thought he would drop the cushion but he didn’t, he whacked me with it. “Oh well,” he said with a laugh when I cried abuse. “You know you like it.”

“That’s beside the point,” I exclaimed. We sat together and laughed about his terrible passport photo. “I know they don’t want you to smile because that’s not how they’ll find you if you turned up dead somewhere but, I’m sorry, this doesn’t look like you! You look better than that!”

He snatched the photo from me, studied it for a moment. “I do?” He smirked, “What exactly are you saying Anna? You think I’m…hot?” He lowered his eyelids, stroked his fingers along my forearm and asked, in what had to be his ‘bedroom’ voice. “I think…” he chuckled softly when my eyes widen in shock. “I think…” he repeated as he gazed into my eyes. “…that I’m damn sexy too.”

“Jordy!” I rolled my eyes and turned away from him. “You are a pain in the ass, that’s what you are.”

He just laughed as he took the passport form from me to return them to the coffee table. When he sat back on the couch, he picked up the remote to play the movie again and I remembered that he didn’t really tell me why he wanted a passport.

“So why are you getting a passport?” I was very curious; he had never seemed that interested in going outside of Canada before so this was a little bit of a surprise.

“Well,” he chuckled nervously.

“Well what?” I peered at him. “Where are you going? And why?”

He shrugged, “I just thought I would take a trip to California sometime this year,” he sounded nonchalant but there was something in his eyes that made me think there was way more to this than he was letting on. This wasn’t a ‘maybe’ trip he was talking about but one that he had been thinking about for a while.

“What’s in California?” I asked cautiously.

“Disneyland...Golden Gate Bridge…Alcatraz…Grauman’s Chinese Theatre…Olivia…the Winchester Mansion –”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” I stared at him.

“I know…the Winchester Mansion! That has to be something to see. Do you think she was crazy? The owner? To have -”

“Jordy!” I lunged forward and gripped his shoulders. “You know damn well I wasn’t talking about the mansion – although, I would love to see it!”

“Me too,” he said. “I hear that no one knows just how many rooms that place actually has and –”

Jordy!” I groaned. “Stop just stop! I don’t want to hear about the house, I want to know who Olivia is and why I never heard of her before now.”

“Oh!” He acted like he was surprised that was what I wanted to hear about. “Olivia,” he smiled. “She’s someone I met about a month ago when she came into the shop, her engine light was on, she was freaking out a little, it was cute. She rambled on and on about her friend’s wild idea to take a trip this way to met some guy she met online as I checked her car over. Apparently the guy wasn’t anything like he said he was a total dirt bag according to Olivia.”

“Oh, sorry for her friend. But…” I frowned, “You like her? Did you go out with her while she was here?”

He nodded, “Yeah I went out for drinks with her and her friend – Leslie. They are pretty funny.”

“But…”

“But what?”

“But how?” I scratched my forehead. “Why would you go out with her when…where was Bella? She couldn’t have been happy about that!”

Jordan’s smile disappeared, his whole body seemed to go ridged the moment I said Bella’s name. “She can go to hell as far as I’m concerned,” his tone was capable of freezing a raging river in the middle of summer.

“Why Jordy? What happened?”

He glared at me, his eyes were just as cold as his voice, I shivered. “She’s not who she says she is."

19 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

First of I need to clear something up...I'm not working 14 days straight, I'm working 8, although workign nights makes it feel like it's 14! ~l~ Sorry I wasn't clear about that...

As you have all figured out by now - from seeing the poll - I'm ending at least one of my blogs. I knwo which one I'm going to end, it's time for it to end, there really isn't too much more to really happen in the story. If that blog was real, it would be a different story, the drama factor wouldn't really be needed to keep it interesting because real life is interesting without drama. At least that's what I think! ~g~

Plus, I need to end a blog or two because I can't start writing anything else with all these blogs going and there are many other stories in me that are dying to come out! But I'll probably take a little bit of a 'break' before starting anything new.

It's damn cold here! Oh wait, it's only -29 with the windchill, that's not too bad at all...~l~

I hope you are all having a great day!

Angela

Anonymous said...

I bet Bella used to be a guy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sad that you're going to end one of your blogs; I'm so wrapped up in the stories and characters, it would be like saying good-bye to a friend! But, even good books end eventually and there's nothing to stop us from enjoying and re-reading them.

That said, would you still keep the blog up so we can re-read and new people can still discover the story? Please do!

Also, I'm very excited that you have MORE stories you want to write! As good as the ones now are, I definitely look forward to anything else you may write!

Rock on Angela!

Carolyn

Carmel Beauty said...

Sad about one of the blogs ending but as Carolyn said I understand completly but you did not mention which one. Great story wonder what Bella did.

Anonymous said...

haha anon 12:34! lol bella being a guy?!?!
sorry to hear about one of the blogs ending..but happy to hear that u want to start more! :D
This is sad....i dont want jordy to go to "olivia"..he should be with anna!
maybe "olivia" doesnt really exist but he just said that because he knew that he could never have anna because jordy knows that josh asked for her hand in marriage...! meh! thats probably not true but would be oh so interesting

Anonymous said...

i agree with anon 1:13

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody!
Just wanted to say even though it has nothing to do with the blog-TEAM JOSH! LOL!

Revee said...

Don't end this one of Never Had to Knock on Wood! They are my favorite.

My lease favorite would have to be Once in This Life!

ctiger said...

Well i love all your blogs and am sorry one has to end. But like i said earlier i understand. Wow more stories in you? Can't wait to read more. I agree with one ending it will be like a friend leaving but in hopes that new ones will show up. LOL. Great post. Hope you got some rest.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Olivia? Hmmm... LOL about Bella having been a guy too...

Sad that you're ending one+ blog, but I totally understand! You must be one busy gal, and we're all dying to hear all the other stories you have to tell!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, LOL at Bella being a guy. That would be so funny. Sorry Jordy..not funny to you though.

Maybe now Anna and Jordy can be together!!! I hope Olivia and Jordy don't work out.

Sorry to all of the Josh and Anna fans :-) I still want to see what it would be like for Anna and Jordan to be together.

Mehreen said...

I think Bella and Wade are secretly married. Jordy can't go to California, what about Jenna? Josh needs to peace out, Anna needs to get nice and jealous over Olivia, meet him in California, they take a quick trip over to Vegas, and voila! Mr. & Mrs. Jordy!!

Melissa Robinson said...

i agree! Josh and Anna just dont have the busting at the sides laughter and comfortable chemistry jordy and anna have!! thanks for bringing bella back, I was curious about her!

Anonymous said...

I am obviously the minority here, but I hope that now that Jordy has met someone else, he will concentrate on her and let Anna and Josh get back to being happy again. If he ends up in love with Olivia, he will quit messing with Anna's mind, plus Anna and Jordy could still be friends and Josh-who has been trying to get over the kiss- could totally mellow out since Jordy would be in a relationship too. Oh well, it's probably wishful thinking on my part. Team Josh!
Becmig

Vikki said...

Mehreen read my mind!! I think Jordy is making this Olivia thing up and he is really going to the US for cancer treatment. But that's just my opinion.

Great post!!

Anonymous said...

Anon 5:29pm, you are not a minority, alot of readers want Josh and Anna together, including me, if True Love were easy, everyone would have it and unfortunatley, not everyone does other wise there wouldn't be so many divorces. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, Anna and Josh are good together, Jordan had many, many years and he just played with her heart, he only wants her when she's not available, TEAM JOSH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!

GG

The Middle Child said...

Is little Ms. Anna a little jealous maybe? Hah.

Good for Jordan.

Anonymous said...

Angela,
I love everything you write. I check your blogs every day, a million times, even when I'm on vacation. The stories are just that good. Lately I am so hooked on View and Never Had to Knock. The suspense is there every day. I just have to know what is going to happen with Anna/Josh/Jordan and Tanner/Sara. And I always want you to write more. Can't wait to see what other stories you might have in that head.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I hope you survived your long shifts if they are done.

PLEASE don't end this one, I love Anna's story. I haven't read Knock on Wood so I can't say anything on that one. I really liked Once in this lifetime, but I feel like that one is getting wrapped up. I love the love story but I hope you continue Janie and we can live vicariously through her. :)

Laura