Thursday, November 8, 2007

When Doves Cry

It probably wasn’t the smartest thing I ever did, telling Josh that Jordan and I shared the sofa bed with Nick while we were at Mike’s that night. At the time I didn’t think how he would react, all I was thinking was that I wanted to be honest with him, I didn’t want it him to hear about it from some one else and think that I didn’t tell him because I felt something for Jordan. Of course, I guess there could’ve been a better way to tell him.

“Aren’t you going to say something?” We had been locked in the same place, staring at each other pretty intensely for about five minutes.

“I don’t want to fight with you Anna; I just wanted to have a nice relaxing evening with you.” He dropped his arms down to his sides. “Is that too much to ask? That we spend some time together without being interrupted or having Jordan’s name brought up?”

“I’m not the one who mentioned his name,” I pointed out.

Josh rolled his eyes, “No but you certainly brought him into the conversation by telling me that you didn’t miss me or sleep alone last night!”

“What?” I gasped as I watched Josh walk over and plop down on to his couch. “You have got to be kidding me! Didn’t miss you? I already told you that I did! As for not sleeping alone, I told you about that so you wouldn’t make a big deal out of it!” I was standing in front of him but he didn’t even look at me. “Yeah, I shared a pull out with Nick and Jordan, so what? It’s not like I cuddled up to either one of them! It’s not like I screwed either one of them! I slept! That’s all that ever happened and all that ever will!”

Closing his eyes, Josh tilted his head back until it rested against the back of the couch. Sighing deeply, he brought his hands to his face, “You know for someone who is incredibly smart, you can be pretty clueless at times.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Well,” he brought his hands down to the couch cushions and pushed his body off the couch once again. He towered over me, his arms folded over his chest, his words spoken slowly when he finally said what was on his mind. “Do you think that I’m just going to accept the fact that you think sleeping in the same bed with Jordan is ok? I don’t care if there were ten people between the two of you, I don’t like it!”

“Well too damn bad!” I snapped. “I had no choice, if I wanted to get any sleep at all. I was tired and cranky; I just wanted to sleep Josh. Why can’t you understand that? Why do you have to make this about Jordan? Just how long are you going to condemn me for one mistake that happened months ago?”

“As long as it takes for you to realize that it’s not ok for a grown woman to share a bed with a man that she’s admitted to having feelings for when she’s supposedly in love with someone else!”

“Supposedly?” I frowned. “Suppose…JOSH! GOD!” I groaned, I lifted my hands to my head in frustration and literally pulled on my hair. “You are driving me crazy! I can’t do anything right when it comes to you! You tell me to go have fun and then you flip out because of something so small? That’s crazy Josh and I don’t know if I can take this anymore!”

“Small?” Josh scoffed. “Ok if it was small and not such a big deal at all, then you won’t mind if I go and spend all day tomorrow with…” he trailed off, he frowned, a couple seconds passed by but it felt like hours. “Carol!”

“Carol?” I stepped back. “What on earth would you do that? You don’t even like her!”

“That’s not the point,” Josh threw his hands out in frustration.

“Then what’s the point?”

“The point is – you wouldn’t like it one bit if I spent the entire day with Carol and then ended up sleeping in the bed with her all night!”

I lifted my chin stubbornly. “I wouldn’t care Josh, if you were friends with her like I am with the guys, then it wouldn’t matter. YOU WOULD ONLY BE SLEEPING!”

“It would matter!” His control finally slipped as he yelled at me. “I’ve told you that I’m uncomfortable with your friendship with Jordan – and giving the circumstances, I have a damn good reason! But you don’t seem to care, you amuse me for a couple weeks but then it’s the same shit again!”

“I’m not giving up my friends for you Josh! I shouldn’t have too! You knew all about Jordan before we started dating and I’ve done everything I could to make you feel that you can trust me. I haven’t seem Jordan much since we got back together, I’ve only talked to him briefly on the phone and most times you are there so you know what’s being said and I’ve turned down so many of my friends invitations to do stuff that I’m surprised that I have anyone left to talk too!”

“I’m done all this because I love you and I don’t want you to feel like you can’t trust me but it doesn’t matter, does it? You’ll never trust me.”

Josh shook his head, “You don’t know what it’s like to feel this way Anna.”

“Feel what way Josh? I’m not doing anything that would make you doubt me!”

“But you did!” His hand jumped up and he pointed at me. “You know damn will my fear is completely grounded in reality!”

“No!” I scoffed, “Your fear isn’t based in reality, if it were I would be all over Jordan and I’m not! I’m not Josh! I never was!”

“You don’t understand…” he started but I jumped in.

“Oh for God sakes Josh, let it go already!” I snapped, I mean really snapped and I let him have everything I was thinking. “I’m so bloody tired of you throwing that damn kiss back at me whenever you don’t like something I do! I’m so damn tired Josh!”

“What do you mean, you are tired? Of what?”

“Of this!” I motioned between the two of us. “I’m tired of having to justify every movement or decision I make. I’m tired of being treated like a traitor for one mistake that you said we could work through. We haven’t been working through anything Josh! You told me that you wanted to start over, you wanted to be with me but it was all a lie wasn’t it? You aren’t ready to start over, you aren’t ready to be with me again and you certainly aren’t ready to love me.”

Josh started opened mouthed at me, not daring or not able to speak.

“You aren’t ready, are you Josh?” I stared at him, pleading for a miracle to happen, begging for him to tell me some thing – anything – to make me believe that he truly was ready to start over. Tears that were burning my eyes started to fall as I softly asked, “You will never truly trust me again, will you Josh?”

The clock on the wall ticked away the seconds.

The seconds turned into minutes.

The minutes turned into the sound of my heart crying when he couldn’t utter the words I really needed him to say.

“I think I should go,” I turned from him.

“Where are you going to go?” His hand fell onto my arm but I didn’t turn – I couldn’t face him and let him see how devastated I was.

It hurt to even breathe but I took a deep breath anyway, “Where do you think I’m going?”

Without missing a beat, he said. “Where you always go – to Jordan.”

I started to laugh as the tears rolled down my cheeks, I had no intentions of going to Jordan’s, I wanted to go home and curl up in my bed, alone but I didn’t tell him that. I was hurting and it was stupid but I wanted him to hurt as well. “Maybe that’s where I should be.”

37 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

So it's snowing here...grrrr! It sucks trying to drive in the dark when it's snowing!

I hope you all have a good day ~s~

Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I'm at work and I'm crying. This one is gut clencher for sure!

Anonymous said...

I hate when Anna is so dramatic! I think that Josh's feeling are completly founded. Most people won't agree with me, but she is clueless and she would NOT be ok if he was acting that way with Carol.

Anonymous said...

I hardly comment...but wow...how did such a wonderful evening turn out so horrible...
I can't believe it, but I know it's hard to trust once someone hurts you.
Wow...I can't believe it...I don't want them to break up...unless she will be with Jordan but I just don't think she has the same passion for Jordan...
SIGH...will be waiting impatiently for 2morrow's post...Good job on this one.

Deliah

Anonymous said...

Nooooooooooooooo! Josh---you better not let her walk out that door!!

Anonymous said...

thank god.

josh and anna are making me sick.
give it up already.

Anonymous said...

I also agree that Josh's concerns are totally reasonable. Anna and Jordan are NOT just friends...they have proved that, and the "sly" comments that Jordan makes make it pretty obvious that Jordan wouldn't mind if there was more between them. If Josh had history like that with another girl (and not Carol, because Anna can't even fathom him liking her like that), and did the exact same things, Anna would NOT be okay with it! She's the one that is being totally irrational here, not Josh.

And furthermore, she just unleashed a lot of anger, but in reality Josh is NOT the one that is "making" her give up her friendships. She, just as much as he, wants to spend every moment of her free time with him. That is her decision as far as I've seen throughout every post. I think it's perfectly normal to WANT to spend all your free time together as a new couple, and nothing that I've read makes me think that Josh is "forcing" her to do anything.

UGH, now I'm uneasy. I think we need a double post lol

Anonymous said...

yay team jordan!!!!!!!!!!!
wooooooooooooo

Mehreen said...

Anna is right. Josh's fears are founded, but that means he's not ready to get back with her and love her and trust her. As much as they want to make it work, she can't live in a bubble with him and if he can't accept her friendships, then this is not going to work and they best realize that before it goes any further.

Anonymous said...

I NEVER thought I'd say this, but I think I'm leaning toward "Team No-Guy" for awhile. If Anna and Josh do break up and she immediately gets with Jordan, I see that ending badly too. I think she needs some time to herself, not being with anyone, with no "significant other" expectations on her, so that her emotions can cool down and she can think about what she wants logically.

Anna and Josh both have valid points. Anna needs to realize that her friendship with Jordan crossed the "platonic" line and there's no going back, not really. She won't be able to convince anyone, least of all Josh that nothing untoward would ever happen between her and Jordan again. But still, Anna's right in the fact that he isn't ready to trust her and without complete trust, they won't get back to the level of love and intimacy that they had before. AND she was right that they aren't really working through their issues, they are sidestepping it until it smacks them in the face.

I was only gonna put my 2 cents in, but apparently I put in a dollar, lol!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Awwww, this sucks. I think that she and Josh are good together. He is having trouble trusting her and he probably wonders what Anna is wanting with an older guy. He is insecure. Like most people!
L

The Middle Child said...

ARGH!!!!

Silly girl, just tell him to get over it and that you love him but you aren't going to tolerate him throwing this in your face all the time. Don't go saying anything else stupid like maybe you should be at Jordan's.

Poor Anna and Josh.

And I agree, she wouldn't be okay with it if he were doing the same with Carol. She needs to wake up and treat him the way she wants him to treat her.

Anonymous said...

I've been cheated on and stayed with the guy (he's actually still my current bf). For awhile you bring it up all the time. Anytime you're angry with them its the first thing out of your mouth. After awhile though, you have to decide whether you can move on or not. You'll realize that constantly bringing it up (or preventing your significant other from doing things on his/her own) is harmful to the relationship. You'll realize that even though they did a horrible thing constantly throwing it in their face isn't going to fix anything. It won't make you feel better and it certainly won't help you to trust them. Trusting them again is such a huge risk but its not a rational choice. They can keep trying to prove that they're trustworthy but if you're not willing to take a chance then you'll never trust them. Love is about taking risks. If you really truly want to be with someone you have to take the chance that they might hurt you (again).

Anyway, as for the story I think Josh has a decision to make. He says he's ready to move on but he's obviously not. Their relationship will not survive how it is now. Josh either needs to let Anna go or take a chance and hope for the best. The situation right now is not fair to either one of them.

By the way, I think if Anna had slept with Jordan there is no way she could be with Josh and still be friends with Jordan. However, since it was a one kiss (not trying to down play the significance of it) I don't think she should have to chose between the two.

Vikki said...

Anna gave Josh time, he said he was ready to work on moving past the Jordan thing. That means he gave up the right to throw it in her face everytime Jordan is mentioned. If he had a problem, he should have said so before she left with the guys.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
This argument frustrated me very much!!

Great writing, I felt like I was in the argument!!

Melissa Robinson said...

I hate Josh. I think Anna made a mistake early on in their relationship and is never going to live it down. i have said it before I think he is to protective and controlling. I love Jess but he is not anna's problem. I think she needs a new guy, as much as I am on team Jordan. She needs to be single for a while and grow up and then have a new guy!

DDgirl said...

whoah!!
Angela, I CAN'T wait for next entry!!!!

I miss snow so much...

Take care

DDgirl

Anonymous said...

yay!!! That's exactly where she should go... right to Jordan!!
TEAM JORDAN ALL THE WAY!

Anonymous said...

I haven't posted comments in awhile. I've been without computer access and catching up. But after reading all this she needs to leave Josh. It sucks and he IS a great guy but he's never going to completely trust her or be able to open up. Its a tough line to cross when you have opposite gender friends but you have to make it work somehow.

I don't think she should go to Jordan right now though. IF this is really the end she should take some time to grieve before going for a real relationship with anyone.

But this made me really dislike Josh.

Anna-Good luck with the snow. In WI its starting to get cold at night but nothing here yet, north of the state towards Canada they got some though. I am looking forward to it!

Laura

Anonymous said...

We got snow here this morning in MN. And as usual everyone forgot how to drive in it. Grrrrr.....

What a great post!!! I felt Anna's anger and I would be pissed, too!!! I don't know if I would have thrown in his face that she might go to Jordan's though....I think Josh already has enough trust issues.
~M

Anonymous said...

Whether what Anna did (with Jordan) is wrong or not, Josh doesn't trust her. Without trust there is nothing. That, and I'm still TEAM JORDAN!

Carmel Beauty said...

I think team no guy too she is not ready and if she is going to be with jordan I don't want him to be the rebound guy. Josh has to learn to trust her if he can't he needs to let her go if he needs more time he needs to let her know, but stringing her along is just plain wrong.

Anonymous said...

wow...dont even noe who to root for anymore.....but i think that maybe anna should go to jordy b/c i dont think that its just a coincidence that jordy broke up with bella...maybe anna and jordy are meant to be together...everyone else seems to see it...
but then again what about jesse?

Anonymous said...

she should def take some time off and then go with jordan, period.

Anonymous said...

Would Josh try to reconcile with Carol if he broke up with Anna? I mean they did have kind of a tender moment several posts back. She is the mother of his child after all.

Anonymous said...

BOO!! I was team Josh, but now I just don't know!

Sal said...

Wow!

I think Anna sa made a lot of valid points with Josh. They def need some space. Josh was obviously not ready to trust her again.

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Wow, I can't believe the comments for this blog, it's awesome! I love it! Keep it up ~g~

So unfortunately there won't be a post here today...Tanner's took way to long to write. I'm hoping that next week, I'll have a real schedule for posting on all the blogs so that you all don't wonder what's going on or when I'm posting. Thanks for sticking with me through my terrible posting schedule...I do appreciate it very much ~s~

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Angela

Anonymous said...

I am still team Josh. He obviously loves her and thats why he cares so much.
Jordy can actually be a jerk. He has tried to break her and Josh up lots of times with different comments and actions; lying to her when he knew Josh was divorced... some will say it's because he loves her but I think HE is the controlling one. He never told Anna how he felt, he was coniving, telling Josh that they slept in bed together, making he second guess herself, kissing her etc. Also, he knew for a long time before Josh that Anna had a crush on him and he never cared then. It's only now that she has a chance at happiness with someone else that he is showing these feelings.

Anonymous said...

OHH!! I agree with you, recent anonymous - I just don't like Jordan much anymore.

Anonymous said...

Team Jordy all the way!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I totally agree with anon 1:57pm! Jordan is a jerk and I don't want anna to end up with him at all! I think she should realize how great Josh is. Team Josh!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

BOOO TEAM JORDAN. That kid is still just a jerk and needs to grow up. He's not mature enough for Anna and I don't think they would do well. I was on the Josh Train but I think she needs some space. I was pretty mature for my age and dated a guy way older than me but we still had so many issues. She need to take some time for herself and be around friends (NOT JORDAN) so she can clear her head and Josh can clear his. I kinda think Jesse is a brat but he still has feelings and if Anna can't be around him it's going to suck.

A

Anonymous said...

team wade!!! lol....jk jk

Melissa Robinson said...

hahaha i forgot about wade! what a douche!

Melissa Robinson said...

hahaha i forgot about wade! what a douche!

ctiger said...

I really liked Josh and Anna and Jesse. But it is the same arguement over and over with them and he either needs to let it go or let her go. It isn't healthy for anyone involved if they just keep fighting about the same thing. She shouldn't have to give up her friendship with Jordon. It is hard having male friends when you are female and in a relationship. Yeah she had a moment with Jordon months ago but that shouldn't condem her for life. Come on Josh make it better and get over it.

Chris

PS thanks for the posts....love your blogs.

Anonymous said...

I bet Jesse heard them arguing and is going to come out crying.