Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Shadow And His Daddy

I was happy when the time came that Josh and I were cuddling on his couch in the nearly darkened living room – the only light came from the moon and the nightlight that Josh turned on when he put Jesse in bed.

Since the moment Josh ‘freed’ Jesse from the shirt I bought for Jenna, he was my shadow. If I went some where, I turned to find him standing behind me, staring up at me with those big blue eyes like his daddy’s. He didn’t want to play unless I was playing with him and he wouldn’t eat his pizza that Josh cut up for him, I had to take his plate out to the kitchen and pretend that I was getting him a new piece before he would even look at it.

At first, Josh didn’t seem to mind but when Jess refused to let Josh bathe him until I was seated on the floor with him, I could see the irritation in his features. Thankfully, Jesse didn’t insist that I take over his bedtime routine, most importantly reading a story to him; I think Josh would’ve flipped if he did. And I wouldn’t blame him, this was his time with his son and while it was nice that Jess loved me and wanted me around, Josh still wanted his moments.

“What are you thinking?” Josh’s lips brushed against my forehead as he held me against his body as we stretched out on the couch. “You have been pretty quiet since Jesse went to sleep.”

“I was just thinking about him,” I told him. “How excited he gets when he sees me and how he always wants me to do everything with him when we are here.”

“Just like his daddy,” Josh chuckled.

I smiled. “Yes, he is just like his daddy. I love both of them very much.”

“They love you too,” he kissed me. “More than they ever thought possible.”

“Oh?” I gave him a squeeze. “Why more than they thought possible?” Josh was silent for a while, when I looked up at him, he had his eyes closed. “Josh?”

He grinned, “I love the feel of your body pressed against mine and when it’s not there, like last night, I have a hard time settling down to sleep.” Gazing down at me he spoke again. “Did you miss me last night? Or did you enjoy your time sleeping alone?”

“I…ummm…” I suddenly remembered that I didn’t technically sleep alone; Jordan and Nick were on the sofa bed with me. “Yes, I missed you Josh.” It wasn’t a lie, I did miss him.

“That was an interesting pause,” he stated, his voice loosing the soft romantic drawl he adopted whenever we were having an ‘us’ moment.

“Well…” I sighed. “I didn’t sleep alone Josh.”

“What?” He stiffened as he stared down at me. “What do you mean? Why didn’t you sleep alone? Who did you…” he scoffed and tried to push me away from him. “I don’t even need to ask do I? It was Jordan.”

“Josh!” I grabbed hold of his arm as I teetered on the edge of the couch. “It’s not what you think! Not even close!” I quickly launched into the condense version of what went on at Mike’s the day before – from Nick and Jordan fighting that morning until the moment I reluctantly laid down next to Jordan because I was too tired to argue with him anymore about Josh’s level of trust in me. “I was tired Josh, I just wanted to sleep and not wake up unable to move in the morning!”

“So you crawled into his arms and fell fast to sleep,” Josh shook his head. “That doesn’t fly Anna! You know how I feel about this and you –”

“I didn’t crawl into his arms!” I snapped as I pushed up off the couch. “For your information, I have no desire to be in Jordan’s arms! It’s yours I was wishing I could feel around me!” I stared down at him. “While I was asleep, Jordan and Nick switched places, so if anything, it would’ve been Nick I slept next too! And before you even think it, I have no romantic feelings towards him either!”

Josh jumped off the couch as I crossed my arms over my chest. He shhh’ed me. “I have a three year old in the next room sleeping; I don’t want him woken up!”

“Then stop being stupid!” I replied before I stopped to think about what I was saying. Josh remained still as I realized what I said, “Josh,” I reached for him but he shoved off my attempt. “I didn’t mean it that way,” I cried. “I just want you to stop thinking that every time I see Jordan; I’m going to do something that will hurt you!

“It’s not that easy to forget,” he said with a sigh. “I wish I could but damn it! It hurt Anna, it really hurt and every time I see him or hear his name, I think about that moment.”

“What do you want me to do about that?” I asked him, truly frustrated that after all these months, he still brings it up. “I barely ever see him or any of my friends because I don’t want you to think that some thing is up. I hate not spending time with them but I hate having you doubt me too.” Josh didn’t say anything. “Come on, what do you expect me to do? There’s nothing that I can do short of…” Josh raised a brow. “No,” I shook my head. “You can’t even be thinking that Josh!”

16 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Damn! It's been a crazy morning for me...lots of drama in real life. I'm hoping that it stops now ~l~

I hope you all are having a great day...I'll see you later

Angela

Melissa Robinson said...

i hope your drama stops! and I hate that anna is so dumb sometimes!!!! I mean...why did she need to tell josh that? there is honesty and there is stupidity. GRRR I think the kiss happened because Jordan and Anna are meant to be together, everyone else seems to see it to, except her and Jordan. GRRR oh well.

Anonymous said...

i agree i really dont think it was necessary that anna told him that, its like she is pushing him away

Anonymous said...

Dump Josh. I think he's controlling.

Anonymous said...

Wow, josh is getting really controlling. I like him for Anna, but no one should have to put up with giving up lifelong friendships (or any friendships for that matter) just to please their boyfriend. Ugh.. I am almost rooting for team jordan after this post....... disappointing because I love jesse... and usually josh, too.

~t~

Anonymous said...

personally, i think anna needs to ditch josh, tell jordan that they'll only ever be friends...and find her self a new guy. it seems like she needs to learn how to date, not just go right into a relationship. we've only ever seen her with a boyfriend, never on the prowl. she seems like one of those people that depends on a boyfriend to be happy and doesn't have much of a social life with, or with out one.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, can you imagine what it would do to jess if Josh and Anna broke up again? :-(

Anonymous said...

And here is comes.........LOL. This is going to get ugly before it gets better. Anna shouldn't have told Josh, i agree there is honesty and there is stupidity. Jordon did the right thing by making her go to the couch and then moving. Great post can't wait to see what he says.

Chris

Lynn said...

I agree some things are better left unsaid. Maybe Anna is subconsiously trying to destroy her relationship with Josh. Anna had to know how Josh would react, he has made no secret how he feels about Jordan, and that coupled with the kiss, I don't understand why Anna would tell except to push Josh's buttons.

Anonymous said...

I actually disagree with most of everyone's comments on this post.

Yes, Anna should not have slept in the same bed as Jordan. Jordan should know some boundaries however, when he obviously knows how Josh feels about him.

If Anna hadn't have told Josh about the sleeping arrangements, Josh would still be mad. She was kind of damned if she did nad samned if she didn't. I would rather say something than have it come back to bite me in the ass when my man found out I slept in a bed with another guy. Like Josh said, it doesn't fly.

Also, I think Jordan would have enventually told Josh about how they slept in the same bed. With this whole cancer scare, he is desperatly trying to grasp on to anything he can, and he is starting with Anna. No wonder he kept her out with him for so long. If I were Josh, that would make me madder than sleeping in the same bed. I think Jordan is acting very immature and needs to understand that if Anna can move on from what happened between them, then he needs to do the same.

However, Anna does not to sometimes think about what her actions are doing to other people. Of all the people in the world, she is going to hurt Jesse. And that, to me, is an unforgivable act.

Elizabeth

(I just realized I spent 15 mins writing a statement on a group of people who don't even exist!!!)

Any way - Team Josh (and Jesse) all the way!!

Anonymous said...

I think she was right in telling him, if she kept it from him and Jordan said something or it slipped out from Anna, then Josh's trust level would drop even more. He would always wonder if she's lying to him and that's not good for any relationship. Josh is not good for her anyway, He's only happy when he has her under his control.

Sal said...

Wow!

Oj I am glad Anna is finally seeing what was going on. I would like to hope Josh isn't about to suggest she completely dump Jordan.

Anonymous said...

and that's why....wait for it...I'm TEAM JORDAN! Have been since day one. I think Anna's life will slowly dwindle down to nobody but Josh and Jesse if they stay together.

Anonymous said...

I'm on the fence on whether or not I should change my vote. I voted for Josh, but if he asks her to give up her friendship w/Jordan in the next post I'm changing it.

Anonymous said...

I know that nobody else agrees with me, but I agree with Josh. If my BF had done the things that Anna had done, I wouldn't even consider taking him back unless he was no longer friends with the other person. I think that actually considering not only what Anna has done, but what his ex-wife did, he has been really understanding. It sucks that he has issues, but we all do, and Anna should try and work harder to gain back his trust. I was totally team Josh but now I think he deserves better than Anna.

Anonymous said...

Anon 6:29 agrees with me!! New Guy! They keep coming back to this same issue. If he can't get over it, he needs to let her go. I wouldn't be okay with my guy being friends with a girl he cheated on me with - but then again I would not be with him! Decide & move on!

Stacey