Wednesday, November 28, 2007

He Knows More Than I Thought

I thought that I should feel upset that Zack pretty much said that having a relationship with Josh was pointless and a big mistake but I wasn’t. I understood why he would feel that way considering all the stuff that has happened in the short time that Josh and I have known each other.

“Anna?” I looked up at Zack, he seemed concerned. I guess he took my silence as me being pissed at him for not giving Josh his blessing. “I could be wrong,” he offered. “Marriage to Josh could very well be the best thing that ever happened to you…”

“You don’t believe it,” I pointed out.

“No,” he sighed. “I really don’t believe that Josh can make you happy at this moment. I’m not sure if he ever could. As it stands right now, I don’t believe it would be wise to consider marriage.” I didn’t say anything right away so he continued to speak. “I’m sorry sis; I wish I didn’t feel that way. I wish for your sake I was wrong, I know how much you wanted this relationship to work out.”

“Zack,” I rubbed my hands over my face and groaned before I spoke again. “Don’t be sorry for how you feel, I don’t really blame you for feeling that way. But…” I shrugged. “I’m not about to give up on my relationship with him just because you don’t think it’ll work out. I don’t want to get there and wonder what could’ve happened if I didn’t give up. Josh promised me that he would really try to work pass the kiss, he swore it was important and he voluntarily said he would do it. He’s spending time with Jordan, getting to know him which I think is great because once he knows that Jordan isn’t more than a friend, it’ll be easier for him to move on from the kiss. This is a good thing, right?”

“Yeah,” Zack nodded slowly. “Unless, of course, Jordan still has feelings for you and he makes that very clear to Josh.”

“What?” I hadn’t even thought about that possibility. “No,” I shook my head. “Jordan wouldn’t get in the way; he told me that he wouldn’t. He promised me that he wouldn’t do anything to ruin my relationship with Josh.”

“And why did he promise that Anna? Was it because he doesn’t really have feelings for you? Or is it because he’s afraid that you will drop him completely if he doesn’t cooperate?” I started to protest but Zack stopped me. “You dropped him once before because you couldn’t handle the fact that he felt something for you.”

“He didn’t though,” I insisted. “He was just being a jerk.”

“Anna come on!” Zack pushed his chair back and stood up. “If you think that Jordan was just faking how he felt about you then you are blind and always have been.”

“Jordan had every chance to make a move, I’ve know him all my life Zack! He could’ve said something before Josh came into the picture but no, he didn’t. He waited until I was happy before he said anything. He didn’t feel anything for me; he lied and caused me unnecessary pain!”

“No Anna!” Zack snapped at me, startling me. “Jordan didn’t tell you about it before because I told him to wait!”

“What?” I shook my head, trying to scramble the words that Zack said to make them make sense. “What are you talking about?”

“Nothing,” Zack turned from me.

“Don’t do that!” I jumped up from my chair and grabbed his arm. “Don’t say something like that and then not explain it to me! What are you talking about? This doesn’t make any sense!”

“Anna,” Zack stared down at me. “Just drop it, I shouldn’t have said anything. Do everyone a favor and pretend that I didn’t say it.”

“I can’t just forget Zack!”

Zack stood with his arms over his chest and a stubborn look on his face.

“Fine!” I snapped. “Don’t tell me, I’ll go ask Jordan.” I turned to leave the room but Zack stopped me.

“You’ll forget about it!” He told me.

“I can’t.”

“Why not?” He asked. “You are in a relationship with Josh, one you obliviously hope will result in marriage, why bring up the past now? Why give Jordan the slightest hope that you might be interested in him when you aren’t? Leave it Anna.”

“You had no right to tell Jordan to wait! You had no right to butt into it at all!”

“No?” Zack grabbed me by the shoulders and forced me to face him. “When Jordan came to me and told me how he thought he was feeling, I told him to wait because it was just after Heather had left town. I didn’t want you to get hurt Anna, I didn’t want you to lose your best friend over what was a rebound crush.”

“How do you know?”

“How do I know what?”

“That Jordan’s feelings were just a rebound thing? What if they weren’t?”

Zack’s hands slipped from my shoulders as he moved away from me. “I…”

I scoffed. “You don’t think they were, do you? You believe that he does love me for real and you rather see me with him than you would with Josh.”

“Anna,” he started to say something but I didn’t wish to hear it.

“No,” I turned towards the door. “I think I listened to you enough tonight. I’m dating Josh; I’m determined to make sure that our relationship works.” I paused at the door to glance back at him. “I hope that you can understand that because I love Josh!”

I left the kitchen and went downstairs to my sanctuary. Jordan was lying on the couch watching ‘Waiting’. The moment he saw me, he smiled and patted the couch in front of him. When I shook my head, he sighed. “I forgot,” he simply said as he sat up and pointed to the opposite side of the couch.

I crossed over in front of him to sit down on the newly vacant couch cushion.

“What did Zack want?” He asked. “Did Josh ask him for your hand in marriage?”

I stared at him for a while, wondering if everything Zack said was true, did Jordan talk to him about his feelings for me after Heather left town. And if so, why didn’t he talk to me instead? Why does everyone go to my brother when they should talk to me?

“Anna? Are you ok?”

I shook my head.

“What’s wrong?”

“I need you to be honest with me.”

He hesitated but agreed.

I really wanted to ask him about the talk he supposedly had with Zack a couple years ago but I needed to make sure that the conversation he had that night with Zack wasn’t about me or Josh. “I need to know why you were talking to Zack tonight.”

20 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope you are all feeling better than me! I'm tired and cranky ~l~ I blame it all on work, I'm working 8 days straight at the moment...only another 6 before I get two days off...yay! ~l~

I think I'm gonna go curl up with a good book and fall asleep ~L~

Have a great day everyone!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm SO Team Jordan, but I hate it when Anna's hurting! I think Zach has overstepped his big brother boundaries, y'all!

Anonymous said...

i have always been team jordan and i cant believe zach!!! when are big brothers going to just let their little sisters live their lives? but why did Jordan wait so long? i mean a couple of years? what's he nuts?

Carmel Beauty said...

Zack should have just minded his own business and when he just explained how he felt that josh felt I agreed with him so I am mad at him after this post. I think anna and jordan should be together after she takes some time to herself without josh.

Mehreen said...

You work FOURTEEN DAYS before getting TWO OFF?!! That's like slave labor you poor thing! Oh, and Zach was just looking out for Anna, he didn't want her to be a rebound...but Jordan may have waited a bit too long. I hope Jordan says that he asked Zach if he had waited long enough! Bye bye Josh, HELLO JORDAN!

Anonymous said...

TEAM JOSH always and forever!!!

GG

Anonymous said...

anna really should ask him the second question about if he still has reall feeling for her because then he will think he still has a chance, when she is so desperately trying to make her relationship with josh work. oh the drama i love it

Anonymous said...

and i'm team jordan all the way^^^

B

Anonymous said...

should not ask him^^^^

Anonymous said...

team jordy:D:D

ctiger said...

OH Oh i am so torn. But why did jordon wait so long? And Zach was right to tell him to wait......just not forever. LOL. She really shouldn't ask him if he still has feelings for her. I think that he will get his hopes up and she will be confused all over again. She needs to work on her relationship with Josh and then if it really doesn't work she will know at least she tried. Thanks for the post.

Working 14 days straight that sucks. Is that normal? I hope you get some rest.

Chris

Anonymous said...

This was a great entry. I really like Zach as an older brother. He's a lot like my big sister. They aren't perfect but they do EVERYthing the way they think will help you best. They really do care.

As for Jordan and Josh, I just don't feel like Josh is the best fit for her, but I don't know about Jordan either. I really like him, but its a tough call when you worry about ending a friendship.


Good luck with your next 6 days Angela I hope you had a great nap.

Melissa Robinson said...

I was always team jordan, but especially now so knowing that he has always had feelings for Anna. oh-and whats up with bella?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! I need to know!

Vikki said...

Oh, Zach REALLY screwed up! But Jordan isn't innocent. He should have talked to Anna instead of Zach. I completely understand how Anna is feeling.

I'm on the edge of my seat!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so team Jordan and I really hope that this means there is a shot for them!!

The Middle Child said...

I'm team Josh. He seems right for her. Jordan needs to grow up. And why did he go to Zack and not her when he felt that way before?

Anonymous said...

I don't think Zach was wrong at all with telling Anna how he felt about her relationship with Josh or telling Jordan to hold off on telling her his feelings because he was concerned Anna would be a rebound. He is the only father figure in Anna's life, and he's only doing what a real parent would do. I hope that when my daughter grows up we'll have this kind of open relationship.

ctiger said...

Oh Angela i am so sad to see you are ending one of the blogs. Although i think you have way too much on your plate you know with life and 4 blogs.......lol. I don't blame you for wanting an end to at least one. I was torn but i posted my vote. Thank you so much for sharing your incredable talent with us for so long on all your blogs. You are wonderful.

Chris

Anonymous said...

OOOOOooooo...if have too chose one blog to go let it be Janie's. Reason is the other three have stories of their own and Janie's was a spinoff.

Hmmm