Monday, December 3, 2007

Where's My Benefits?

I expected him to go ahead and tell me what it was that he needed to tell me but he just sat there for the longest time just staring at me. It was funny, in all the time I’ve known him, he never stopped to think about what he wanted to say. This was a first. I didn’t know what to think.

“Wow, it must’ve been something huge, you are speechless.”

“No,” he shook his head slightly. “I’m not speechless at all, I just don’t think you’ll want to hear what I want to say to you.”

“Well…” I tried not to over think what he could possibly want to tell me.

“I thought so,” he glanced down at his hands. “I should go.”

“Ok.”

He sighed.

The seconds ticked by. He didn’t make a move to get up.

“Jor-”

“I want to wrap myself around you!” He blurted out.

“What?” I laughed nervously. “Jordy, I don’t -”

“Don’t say anything,” he quickly sat up. “I shouldn’t have said anything, I…” he groaned. “I’m sorry.” I sat on the couch totally confused as he went to get up, only to sink back onto the couch next to me again. “I can’t go,” he told me.

“Ok,” I said with a shrug as I stared at him. “While you are sticking around, why don’t you tell me why you said that.”

“How I want to take you in my arms and hold you until the sun comes up?”

“Jordan…” I sighed as I turned my head away from him. I didn’t want to hear that, I wanted him to tell me that he no longer felt that way for me. I needed him to tell me that.

“Anna…” I felt him lean into me, his fingers came to rest on my cheek as he gently turned my head back so I was facing him again. “I know you don’t want to hear it. You are probably wishing that I would stop feeling anything but friendship feelings for you but I can’t Anna.”

“Why not?” I stared straight into his eyes. “Why can’t you forget about it?” I paused, thought about the conversation I had with Zack not even an hour before. “You did it before. Why can’t you do it not?”

He backed off a little, “Did it before?” He shook his head slightly, a confused look on his face.

“When did I…” he trailed off. “Zack!” He said suddenly before cursing under his breath. “Zack told you, didn’t he?”

“Yes, he did.” I pushed him away from me, I didn’t want him that close. “How could you Jordan?”

“How could I?” He frowned, he tried to sit next to me again but I couldn’t have it, I jumped off the couch. “Anna come back here,” he reached for me but I sidestepped his hand.

“I want you to go.” I told him as I pointed towards the basement entrance. “I really think it’s time you went home.”

“What?” He jumped up and came to stand in front of me. “Why should I go home? Because Zack told you something you didn’t want to hear? Because I feel something you don’t want me to feel?”

“No!” I snapped at him. “I think you should go because I’m not getting into this with you!” I stomped towards the basement door with Jordan hot on my trail. “I want you out,” I grabbed the door knob, about to open the door when he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

“I’m not going anywhere!” His other hand circled around my shoulder as he stared down at me. "I’m sorry that you can’t handle how I feel but it doesn’t change anything! I love you!”

“No!” I shook my head fiercely. “You just think that you do!”

“The hell I do!” He pulled me to him. “Why can’t you except the fact that I love you? Why do you have to fight me on this? And why the hell do you waste your time with -”

“Don’t you dare!” I wrenched away from his grasp. “I’m not wasting my time with him and I don’t appreciate you saying I am! I love him!” Jordan turned away slightly, as if he was in pain. "Please go.”

His shoulders slumped, he started to turn. “I didn’t want to wait,” he said softly as he glanced over his shoulder. “I wanted to tell you that night,” he closed his eyes for a moment, a smile played on his lips. “I came to find you, I was excited. I didn’t know exactly what I was going to tell you, all I knew was that I couldn’t wait to see you.”

“Whatever,” I turned away from him. “Don’t forget to lock the door before you leave.” I walked across the room, even made it to my room without even thinking about what just happened. How I acted indifferently towards my best friend despite the fact that my heart was racing in my chest. This is crazy, I thought. Nothing has changed, he’s still just your friend. So what if he had feelings for you back then? Does it mean that you should care more about him now?

“No,” I shook my head. “I love Josh, he’s my future.”

“Keep telling yourself that Babe.” I spun around in time to see Jordan enter my room.

“I told you to leave,” I crossed my arms over my chest, glaring at him. “What do you think you are doing? I don’t want you here, especially not here,” I motioned around my bedroom.

“No?” He leaned against the door frame. “I remember a time when you used to love it when we were in here together.”

“Jordan I don’t have time -”

“We spent a lot of time there,” he looked past me to my bed and groaned. “I remember the hours we would spend shooting the breeze in this very room. And then later, in every room of my house.” He chuckled, “But never at my parents house, never. They would never leave us alone long enough.”

“I have to get up in the morning,” I said dismissively.

“You don’t work tomorrow,” he told me as he walked further into my room. “You don’t have anything planned tomorrow morning at all. In fact,” he plopped down on my bed. “I’m pretty sure you planned on spending most of the morning right,” he patted my mattress, “here.”

“Go home Jordan.”

“I would,” he looked up at me. “Except I’m not ready to go yet. I’m not done talking.”

“Well I’m done listening.” I stomped over to him to drag him out of my room but I wasn’t that strong, he easily overpowered me. “Jordy let me go!”

As quickly as he restrained me, he let me go. “I don’t want to fight with you Anna, I just want things to be the way they were, I want to…” he shrugged helplessly. “I miss those days Anna. I miss holding you in my arms as we relaxed together. I miss feeling you next to me. I miss your hair tickling my nose, I miss…”

“You miss pretending I’m something I’m not to you so you don’t have to go out and find someone to really be the One Jordan.”

“No,” he chuckled. “I wish that was it but Anna it’s not. I miss you.” I started to speak. “Don’t.” He pressed a finger against my lips. “I know you don’t believe it. You think that I only told you how I feel because of Josh but - no, you know what? That’s right! I did tell you because of him. I don’t like him, I don’t think he can make you as happy as I can - as I did without even being your boyfriend!”

I shoved his hand away. “You don’t know what you are talking about!”

“Yes I do Anna…” he moved away. “But maybe that’s something you need to figure out on your own.” He headed towards the door. “I’m still your best friend,” he said over his shoulder as he walked through my doorway. “That’s one thing he’ll never take from us.”

33 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope you are all having a great day. I'm only posting on this blog today eventhough I know you are all dying to have a new post on Tanner's blog - I'm sorry, it's late for me and I have to get to bed. I'll be posting there tomorrow...

The results of the poll were pretty much what I expected them to be...the blog I was thinking about ending was, and is, 'Once In This Life'. I belive that Amber's journey has come to the point where there isn't much else I can do besides write about how blissfully happy she is - except for moments of insecurity she has every now and then.

Have a great day everyone!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Anna has alot of nerve to make Jordan explain what he said only to get mad at him and shut him out. For some reason, she can't handle hearing the truth about how Jordan feels about her, could it be that deep down, she feels the same but doesn't want to admit it because risking her friendship with him is too much? I think Jordan is the better match, Josh's love for her doesn't seem real, it seems conditional.

Carmel Beauty said...

I completely agree with Butterfly girl. In the beginning I very much wanted her with Josh but I see how he treats her his love is controlling and conditional. That really isn't Love the way Zack broke it down for Anna was perfect. I think that her and Jordan would make a good couple the best boyfriends I've ever had started off as friends first. My STBH included.

Anonymous said...

Everything Anna said to Jordy at the end is how I have felt about him all along. He liked to have her available to him. And I hate the way he plays these mind games with her. Even though Josh has had some issues, he tried to be upfront with her and talk them out. He didn't play mind games. I hope Anna realizes that Jordy is playing with her heart, and that Josh really is the one for her! Team Josh

The Middle Child said...

I second that, Team Josh!!!

Lynn said...

I also think that Jordan plays too many mind games with Anna. But, I keep wondering how Josh is doing with all the stuff Zack told him to think about. What conclusions will Josh draw from all his thinking today. I'm waiting for Josh and Anna to meet up again and talk about everything they are supposed to be thinking about.

Anonymous said...

i think you team josh people have it twisted. the man has been waiting for her to realize how good they would be. honestly they are meant for each other and they should just get together, after she has a little break for some soul searching.
josh is too much, too soon, too quick, too controlling, ughhhhh he has to go..too bad his kid is so cute...but jordan is annas match all the way, and she really needs too figure that out..jordans loved her all this timeeeeeeeee, shes not just his backup plan!!!

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with lynn i can't wait until she meets with josh beccause i think hes gonna freak and she gonna realize something maybe???

B

Anonymous said...

Team Jordan! I wonder what will happen when she meets with Josh next?

KBear said...

i believe she said something about always having feelings for jordan, and now, when she's over that, he decides to say, hey, i feel it too!

while jordan does play the head game, i think it's more because he's torn. tell her, and risk it or keep my mouth shut. theyre both fighting a losing battle.

i think it took completely seeing anna with someone else to finally wake him up.. that's what it took a boyfriend of mine once. we were good friends.. it took me telling him i was in love with someone else for him to finally tell me how he felt....

go jordan!

Revee said...

i was waiting for the two of them to get it on.

they have some hot chemisty. they need to at least explore it. even if it is in secret ;)

Anonymous said...

She needs to leave Josh. I'm over him. I would like to see what happens with Jordan though I know that would be weird.

Anonymous said...

Yayy....there's still hope for Team Jordan. I am excited :-)

Anonymous said...

i'm slowly but surely moving over to team jordan.

as much as i love josh, and as much as he loves anna...i think he's someone else's "mr. right"

Melissa Robinson said...

i am over josh too! So, naturally I think Anna should be too! :) lol I really like jordan, and it makes me feel better about him that it was Zack telling him to wait, not Jordan playing head games. Everyone can see how good they are together, Anna knows Jordan through his ups and downs, and Josh seems only to want Anna at her ups...

Hadley said...

Good for Anna for showing Jordan the door. He's behaving very dishonorably--he knows she is spoken for. Jordan and Josh have supposedly been developing a friendship, and now Jordan is disrespecting that and trying to tempt Anna into something that she would regret and hate herself for. Jordan had his chance, and now he should leave it alone. If he really wanted a relationship with Anna, nothing her brother said would have stopped him.

I think Amber getting married and being blissfully happy ever after is kind of weak--her story is better than that fairy tale cliche and deserves a more realistic ending. Real life stays interesting after marriage, I promise!!

Anonymous said...

WHoa totally TEAM JORDAN now!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

always team jordan! and always will be:D!
anna wake up and smell the coffee...jordan's ur perfect match...he makes you laugh hes always been there for you AND hes ur best frd! everyone else sees it...y cant u !

Anonymous said...

wait when did jordan realize that he loved anna?!

Anonymous said...

I used to be in Josh's corner, but now I'm leaning towards Jordan. Why? Well, Jordan loves Anna for the person she is, he has never tried to change her through their friendship. He accepts her for who she is, he sees the real Anna, and that is why he loves her so much. Josh on the other hand, well, his love seems conditional. He's only happy when Anna is paying him 100% of her attention. Josh is very insecure and he has reason to be, with his first wife leaving him, Anna kissing Jordan, the guy has had some issues to deal with, but he cannot seem to get past the kiss and I feel that as soon as Anna slips up he's going to bring the kiss and whole trust issue up again. Love shouldn't be this difficult.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh I'm so happy! It sounds like there could be hope for Anna and Jordan after all. TEAM JORDAN!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. GOD. Amazing entry. WIll have to reread later but I have class!

Anonymous said...

*Sigh*

I love this blog.

I also love this comment board. I check back just to read new comments almost as much as I check to see if there's been a new post.

Angela---isn't it amazing how people respond and identify with your characters? Look at all the Team Josh v. Team Jordan (Team Josh, by the way, lol!) back and forth posts. These 2 men are both really compelling and really flawed at the same time. It's no wonder you're readers are split almost 50-50!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Ok - I am almost thinking Angela should do another poll on who Anna should be with - there seem to be an AWFUL LOT of Team Jordan's...Recount time!

Stacey

Mehreen said...

Team Jordan! I know he's already waited a long time, but he can't push Anna into loving him because she will only resent him. I don't think she loves Josh, he was the older man crush, but she responded to Jordan and went back to Josh out of guilt and love for Jesse. Jordan knows Anna, REALLY knows her. Josh seems to want to keep her locked in his apartment away from the friends and family she loves. He is very controlling, and while he may love her, I think he was burned so badly by Carol, he may not know what love is right now.

Anonymous said...

Alot of people view Josh as controlling, but I disagree! I think that he loves her, and wants to be with her, yes; but even Anna admitted that she wanted to be with him all the time as well, and the only person Josh really had a problem with her being around was Jordan. And I don't blame him! Otherwise, whenever she said she was going to see her family or something- he was totally cool with it. And even the day that Jordan showed up practically in the middle of the night Josh just laughed it off. I think Josh is perfect for her! Team Josh!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

SOOO IM completely torn between these two men. Josh is so cute and sweet to her and I love jess, but Up to this point I don't know if he trully loves Anna anymore maybe he is just hanging to the feeling, on the other hand we got Jordan who I was totally against at the beginning n now I want Anna to give him a chance................ I think Anna should date Jordan not only because obviously there is something there, but also because even if she loves Josh she is always going to wonder about Jordan. Obviously if she wants a real relationship with Josh and he is the man or her, then she needs to prove to herself that Jordan is not the guy by giving him a chance...

Anonymous said...

I disagree with everyone saying to give Jordan a chance. He may have thought he was doing the best thing by waiting to tell her how he felt, like Zach suggested, but you don't wait until she's in a relationship with someone she loves. He's been trying to tempt her the whole time into cheating on her boyfriend, he even succeeded once earlier and tried to again today. That's not the kind of person you want to be with. You want someone who is always honest with you, and Jordan only seems to be honest about his feelings when she's unavailable and he knows it. He was deceiving in the beginning, lying that he still though Josh was married and he's been deceiving the whole time. I'm not necessarily team Josh but I'm definately not team Jordan. She does not owe him anything, just because he is her best friend. If he really cares about her, he will let her be happy and quit trying to ruin her relationship.

Anonymous said...

Well said amourdance247.

Anonymous said...

okay, im totally addicted here!!! I soooo need to have another post!!!! please =)

~angel
team jordy! all the way

Anonymous said...

They (Josh and Jordan) have their flaws. But I feel like all Anna does with Josh is sleep over, have sex, and fight. They never talk about anything. With Jordan, they discuss things. They know when the other is upset and talk it through.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I think that Jordan needs to completely leave the picture for a little bit and let Anna and Josh figure things out. I don't think Josh is trying to change Anna, I think he's trying to get her to not spend so much time with Jordan. I can understand considering that before they were even DATING Jordan was in the middle of them trying to break them up. It's a HUGE thing for Josh to try and be friends with him and work towards being comfortable with them hanging out together. I don't think it's unfair to ask Anna to do some things in return. Love is work, it's not supposed to be easy. I think Jordan has his feelings mixed up and doesn't know the difference between love as a man and love as a friend. He needs to give them space to figure things out. Team Josh!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree anon 1:13!!! Team Josh!