Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Controlling My Life

I didn’t know what to do. Normally when things are confusing for me, I go to one of two people - Zack or Jordan - to talk things through. I couldn’t go to either one of them, for obvious reasons. Zack would tell me to give Jordan a chance and Jordan, well he would be all for giving him a chance too.

But I didn’t want to give him a chance, he had plenty of opportunity from the time he realized that he had deeper feelings for me until I started dating Josh to tell me he wanted a chance to see how things would be with us. Maybe then I would’ve given him that chance.

Maybe.

All I knew that night was there was no way I was going to give up what I had with Josh. It didn’t matter that things weren’t perfect between us at the moment. All that mattered to me was that we honestly tried to make things work - despite all the outside opinions that we couldn’t last.
We could and we would.

I went to bed that night determined that no one was going to get between Josh and me.

Dreams started almost the second after I closed my eyes. I dreamt of Josh, being in his arms on a front porch swing, watching Jesse run around with a puppy in the green grass that so badly needed a cut. We seemed happy. I felt love surround me - maybe it was his arms around me but whatever it was, I was happy and content.

“The grass needs to be cut,” I told him. “Soon you won’t be able to see them playing in the yard.”

“Hmmm, I’ll do it tomorrow,” he promised. “Right now, I just want to be with you.” He paused, squeezed me tight as Jesse and the puppy came running up to the porch. “It’s always a perfect day when I have my girls with me.”

I lifted my head off his chest. “Such sweet words,” I laughed. “But honey I know you can be anything but sweet.” I leaned forward and slipped my hands under tiny arms as I lifted Jenna up and plopped her on his lap. “Your daddy is trying to be a ‘gentleman’ again.”

“Daddy,” she giggled as we both looked up at Jordan.

“See? Even Jenna thinks it’s funny.”

“Ha ha,” he brushed my forehead with his lips. “I’ll show you just how gentlemanly I can be later Babe.” He gave me a look that melted my insides. “Much later.”

“Ama! Doggy’s tongue tickles!” I look down to see Doggy - yes, that’s what Jesse called his puppy - licking Jesse’s hand.

“He wants to play Jess,” Josh’s baritone breaks through the giggles his little boy makes as Doggy licks his hand. “Why don’t you take his tug rope and…”

“Ok Daddy!” Jesse slipped off Josh’s lap and onto the porch where Doggy took that chance to leap all over him. Jesse collapsed into a fit of laughter as his daddy wrapped himself around me.

“This is probably the most perfect moment in our lives honey.”

“No, Anna. This moment could be more perfect.” I asked him how. “We could be joined forever. We could…” he unwrapped himself from me and slipped to the floor before me. “Anna I’ve loved you all my life,” Jordan’s green eyes stared deep into my soul. “I denied it for so long, I’ve tried to hide what I truly felt but I can’t any longer. I love you, I need you, I want…” he pulled a dark blue ring box from his pocket and opened it for me. “I want to make you as happy as you’ve made me.”

Jordan smiled up at me, “Please Babe. Marry me?” The same moment, I saw and heard Josh where Jordan was, “I love you Beautiful, please marry me.”

“NO!” I shouted out as I sat upright in bed. “No, no, no, no, no!” My heart was beating frantically, I thought it would just leap from my chest. It freaked me out, to see Josh and Jordan morph from one to the other in my dream. For Jesse and Jenna to be interchangeable like that. It was scary. But that’s how it was, my dream, it was telling me that I was confused and I didn’t know what I was doing. It was telling me that I cared for both of them and I loved both of them.

Just who was the man for me?

That was one thing that the dream wasn’t about to tell me.

Why are you even thinking about this? You know who you want to be with. This dream was only your mind’s way of dealing with all the stress and confusion that they are creating for you. It’s time you stopped being confused and set your foot down.

I rolled over in my bed and stared at the clock on my bedside table. 3:20. Then my gaze shifted to my phone. I picked it up and without thinking about it, I flipped it open and dialled very familiar seven digit number. One that I could dial in my sleep if need be.

It would take four rings before I started to feel a little silly about calling and I little worried that he wasn’t home or that he wasn’t about to answer the phone to talk to me. “Or maybe he’s sleeping, it is -”

“Hello?” His gruff voice came over the phone in the middle of my little freak out.

“I need to come see you, right now. Is that ok?”

It took a moment for him to respond. I don’t believe it was that he was hesitating but just still shaking himself from the deep sleep that I pulled him from. “It’s ok Anna, you know you can come over whenever you like.”

“Good, I’ll see you in a few minutes.”

With that I flipped my phone closed and pushed back the covers. It was time to start taking control over what as going on in my personal life.

38 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

It`s interesting to see everyone`s take on both Jordan and Josh. I love that you are all this interested in Anna`s story and what happens in her life. When I started this blog, I never thought that it would take off like this...thank you all for that! You`ll never know just how much I appreciate every single one of you.

Have a great day everyone!

Angela

Anonymous said...

im so for jordan, i mean i love josh and everything and i think they are great together. but jordan just seems to sit better with me lol. i hope she chooses him!

Melissa Robinson said...

i love jordan!! and Angela, you are amazing! to create a story up of make believe characters and get everyone so involved...

Anonymous said...

I am soooo totally TEAM JORDY... I hope that is who she was going to go see and for good reasons! =)

~Angel

Along this path said...

Angela,

It's been a while since I have commented but I had to let you know that I loved this entry. It was good writing pure and simple - and the way you wrote the dream was great! And for the record...Team Josh!

MH

Anonymous said...

I hope she is calling Josh! Oh and that if she is calling him, that it isn't to break up with him!Team Josh

Anonymous said...

Please be calling Josh and let it be a GOOD thing! I really think that Jordan is only wanting what he can't have.
L

Anonymous said...

i bet it's neither.


just because that would be an angela type twist =]

Anonymous said...

Wow...that was one crazy dream!!

I hope she called Jordan. Angela...plesae let it be Jordan. It's about time they got together.

Team Jordan!

Anonymous said...

shes going to josh
i hope she realizes that he is not the one for her.
i hope she takes time off from both men.
i hope she picks JORDAN in the end...

B

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's Chad, her other brother...or nicky. We haven't really heard from either of them in awhile. And I think Anna really needs to talk to someone who isn't quite so invested in her love life, but knows all the people well enough to give her good advice.

Team Josh!!

And Team Angela forever!

Carolyn

Unknown said...

as much as i am for team Jordy I hope that she is calling Josh because it would be wrong for anna to be with jordan until she fixes things with josh first. he deserves at least that much.

Anonymous said...

URGH who is it!?!!? hope she goes to jordy in the end:D

Anonymous said...

Woah! I hope its Josh, but I could see it being Chad too. Good guess Carolyn! I can't wait to read the next one!

Also, if you guys ever miss your favorite network TV show (like Desperate Housewives, yay!), there's this new website that links to all the episodes on one page so you don't have to go searching for the show and episode you want online. It's actually pretty useful! Here's a link: http://w.atch.tv.com

Anonymous said...

Jordan smiled up at me, “Please Babe. Marry me?” The same moment, I saw and heard Josh where Jordan was, “I love you Beautiful, please marry me.”

Did anyone else notice how Jordan actually ASKED Anna to marry him, where Josh kinda told her to? At least, that's how I saw it.

Anonymous said...

I am totally all for Jordan! and I cannot beleive you ended the entry w/o telling us which one she went to go see!!! ...but maybe it'll be someone completely unexpected liek her brother Chad. but I really think(hope) it is jordan, or at least if it is josh- that it is to tell him she needs to end things.
~T~

Anonymous said...

Im so happy people are finally on Jordans side!! I've been Tean Jordan since day one!!! I cant stand Josh!


TEAM JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been Team Jordy from Day One. Please please PLEASE let her be going to his house!!!

Anonymous said...

please let her be going to see Jordan!
TEAM JORDAN

Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all, WHO ARE THE TWO PEOPLE WHO VOTED TO END VIEW? Sheesh! Secondly, Team Jordan! And on my third hand, I agree that she needs to end it with Josh before anything happens with Jordan. If Anna really felt secure in her relationship and her love with Josh, there would be no question in her mind about Jordan at all.

Lynn said...

I can't get it out of my head what Anna's friends told her when she went to visit them. "Jordan always knew you wanted him, he just knew you would always be there for him" I think Jordan only wants Anna now because she was always fawning over him and now she isn't. If they were meant to be Jordan would have acted a long time ago....I still say he enjoyed the mind games of acting like he didn't notice that Anna had a thing for him. If he had such great feelings for her why didn't he tell her that he loved her instead of telling her that Josh was married when he knew he wasn't.

Anonymous said...

Team Josh!

Anonymous said...

TEAM JOSH!!!

Anonymous said...

TEAM JOSH!!!!

BOO JORDAN!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Team Josh

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Team Josh

Anonymous said...

I think both boys are too controlling.

Melissa Robinson said...

wooo team Angela! lol

Mehreen said...

If anyone knows her as well as Jordan, it's Nicky...but I don't think Amy would take too kindly to a 3AM phone call. I think it's Josh, and when he senses her confusion, he's going to flip a shit like he usually does and she'll run back to Zach and figure out Jordan is the one because he's waited for her to figure things out. He was a jerk in hs, WHO WASN'T! People make mistakes, and sometimes you need to realize what you're losing to figure out how important it is to you. Maybe he shouldn't have used her back then, but don't punish him for it now, she waited back then, same as he waited now!

Anonymous said...

Team Jordan!!!
Please post soon

Anonymous said...

You've finally converted me into TEAM JORDAN.... I Love Jordan...he's so laid back and fun to be around. Josh can be too serious...

Anonymous said...

Ihaven't commented in a while but I wanted to add my thoughts... I am Team JOSH all the way I can't STAND Jordan. I think his character is VERY selfish, regardless if he has loved Anna for forever. He (IMHO) disrespects Anna left right and center I think that Josh and Anna's relationship needs to grow they have rushed things a bit and are lacking in Listening skills but I think they have more of a chance.

I think Jordan is a user... he wants Anna when she is not available but will he want her when she is???

Anonymous said...

off topic, but does anyone read that blog and i think the characters names was A. i know she was in college and had a thing for her hot spanish teacher. i was wondering if anyone had the link, i deleted it because she went away for a while and i wanted to check and see if she was back.

thanks!

Melissa Robinson said...

i am just letting you know if you dont post soon I am going to fail my finals. I keep getting side tracked and coming back here to see who anna went to see! lol :) hope you had a fabulous day!!

Anonymous said...

MLG I agree it is finals times and since I am on my computer studying I check back like every 10 minutes! GEAUX TIGERS!!
-Amanda

Anonymous said...

starsaremywindow.blogspot.com
However, she hasn't updated in months.

Anonymous said...

To anon 7:15, the blog I think you are talking about is "an american girl abroad". She hasn't updated since Oct. Very frustrating.

Anonymous said...

For me, the most telling thing was the first line - how she has two people she always goes to and talk - and neither of those people included Josh. I know she couldn't exactly talk to Josh about this situation but the fact that she didn't consider him as one of the people she could talk things out with seems kinda weird to me. I talk to my boyfriend about everything. He is the one person I know I can say anything to. I don't think Anna and Josh have that but Anna and Jordan do. I hope Anna and Jordan wind up together in the end! :)