Friday, December 21, 2007

Amy's Hidden Agenda

I was tried of hearing people jumping all on the bandwagon for Jordan and me to take our relationship to the next level. How could I do that? We may be best friends but that didn’t mean that we would be great as a couple. I tried to tell Amy that but she told me that I wouldn’t know until I tried it.

“What you and Jordan have is a lot like what Nick and I have, or even Zack and Mary.” She said and then went on to tell me that in the end it would be up to both of us if we do cross over that line. “I just wonder if you guys can have real relationships with other people if you don’t get the feelings you have for each other out of the way. He loves you Anna, that’s not going to change, you two just have to figure out if it’s as friends or lovers.”

“Lovers,” I laughed. “Like that wouldn’t be weird, seeing Jordan naked.”

“Yeah right,” Amy giggled, “like you never thought about him naked before.” Her eyes lit up, “I remember a time when you couldn’t even look at him because of all the sexual dreams you had about him. And come on, Jordan is in the best shape he’s ever been in. All toned and muscular from his work, I bet sex with him would be so hot.”

“Amy!” I gasped. “Are you having sexual thoughts about your husband’s brother?”

“No,” she laughed. “I have the better twin warming my bed. I was just saying, I know sex with Nick is hot, so Jordan should be good. Don’t you think?”

“I’ve never thought about him that way before Amy.”

“Oh bullshit Anna, we both know you’ve looked at Jordan like that and you have to admit that you’ve wondered plenty about how it would be with him.” She paused as the waitress stopped by to take our dessert order. When the waitress walked away Amy smiled at me. “I believe there was more to the kiss than you like to admit.”

“Oh Amy,” I sighed. “I don’t really wish to talk about this anymore.”

“Ok,” Amy nodded. “I understand, I wouldn’t want to talk about the man who loves me either. That would just be boring.”

“Whatever!” I laughed. “I bet I couldn’t stop you from talking about Nick.”

“Well,” she blushed. “He has been wonderful these last couple months. He rubs my feet all the time, he brings me all these little things to show his love, he’ll run baths for me and some times he’ll cook for me when he comes home all tried.”

“Oh listen to you,” I tossed my napkin at her. “Yes, your husband is the best now stop bragging.”

“Well,” she took a sip from her water glass. “You could be bragging too, there is another Pollett brother out there and hey! What do you know? He’s hot for you!”

“Oh really?” I raised a brow. “And here I thought Mike was gay.”

“Oh whatever!” Amy threw my napkin back at me. “You know I was talking about Jordan.” She smiled, “Or ‘Jordy’ as you love to call him, ‘Babe’.”

I smiled, “It’s not like no one else calls him Jordy.”

“You’re right, we all call him that some times but you are the only one he calls ‘Babe’.”

The waitress came back with our dessert, “Our bartender, Nick, asked me to give you this..” She looked a little embarrassed as she placed a small drink umbrella down in Amy’s ice cream sundae.

“Oh my,” Amy held her hand over her heart, she looked like she was about to cry.

“I don’t know why he…”

I didn’t like the way she was looking at Amy, like she wasn’t good enough for Nick. That ticked me off, Amy was the best thing that ever happened to Nick. “Wow Amy,” I smiled, hoping she wouldn’t cry for real. “Nick has really got to take no for an answer, you are a happily married woman for God sakes.”

Amy laughed, “If he took ‘no’ for an answer Anna, we wouldn’t be having a baby in a couple days!” When the waitress walked off looking more embarrassed than when she did what Nick asked, Amy rolled her eyes. “Tramp.” I couldn’t help but laugh at her.

As we dug into our ice cream, I mentioned to Amy how Nick said Amy asked if I would hang out with her tonight. “It’s not that I don’t like hanging with you Amy, it’s just that -”

“We haven’t spent much time together? You and I haven’t really got along?”

“Yeah,” I agreed reluctantly. “So you know it was a shock when he said you wanted to hang out with me. Almost like…”

“I have a hidden agenda?”

“Yeah,” I frowned. “Do you?”

“Yes,” she laughed. “I did have something I wanted to talk about with you.”

“Oh really?” I smiled for a second before an idea hit me. “This doesn’t have anything to do with Jordan, does it?”

“No, of course not Anna!” She reached for my hand with this silly grin on her face.

“Ok,” I smiled. “So what’s on your mind?”

“Well,” she rubbed her belly as she smiled. “You see, Nick and I were talking about our future and our baby. He happened to bring up what happened to you when you were eight, you know, the accident and…”

“You mean when I lost my parents? Oh Amy, that’s not going to happen to you -”

“I know Anna, it’s not that we think it will, Nick just wants to be prepared, he doesn’t want our baby to be left alone if something happens to us. That’s why we decided to pick godparents for our baby.”

“Oh,” I smiled. “Godparents is a good idea, I don’t know where I’ll be if it wasn’t for my brother stepping up after my parents died.”

“Yeah, well people say it should be a couple -”

“True, that makes it easier I guess. I know I was glad to have both Mary and Zack.”

“We don’t know any couples we trust that much thought. So we were talking and we decided to each pick someone. Nick would pick the guy and I would choose the female.” She seemed to be waiting for me to say something but I didn’t know what to say. “Well, Nick talked to his choice a couple nights ago.”

“Really? So who did he pick?” I chuckled and then said, “Jordan.”

Amy nodded, “Yes, Nick asked Jordan to be our baby’s godfather. He was really debating between Mike and Jordan for the longest time but he finally picked Jordan so our baby would have someone to play with or talk too if something happens to us. But Jenna wasn’t the only reason, deep down, Jordan and Nick are the same, even if they don’t like everyone pointing it out to them.”

“Mike would’ve been great,” I said. “But yes, I do see why Nick would choose Jordan. He’ll make you guys proud.”

“I agree, he will make sure our baby knows the man Nick was if something happens. And I’ve put a lot of thought into who I wanted to be godmother too. Anna, I want to know if you would take care of my baby if something happens to Nick and me.”

I almost choked on my ice cream. “What?” I’m sure I looked as confused as I felt. “You can’t be serious? Me?”

“Yes!” She exclaimed. “You Anna. I thought about it and I really want you to be our baby’s godmother.”

“But I…” I shook my head in disbelief. “Are you sure?”

She nodded happily. “Yes Anna, I’m sure. I see you with the kids, you seem to know what they need and how to make them happy. You have a way with kids Anna, I don’t know where you got it but I’m very glad you have it because I can’t think of another woman I want taking care of my baby.” She dabbed her eyes with her napkin, “Will you do it Anna? Will you love my baby like your own if some thing happens to me?”

I didn’t even take a moment to think about it. “Amy,” I took her hand in mine and gave her my most sincere smile. “I’m honoured that you would choose me. And yes! I would step up for your child if anything were to happen to you and Nick! Oh my God!” I squealed, “I’m going to be a Godmother!”

I guess I squealed loud enough because Nick came running over with a bottle of ginger ale. “Only the best for my two favourite girls,” he exclaimed as he poured ginger ale into our empty glasses. “A toast to our baby!”

10 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope that you are all doing well. I'm not sure how much posting I'll be doing next week, you know, with Christmas and all. So I wanted to take this moment to thank all of you for reading, whether it's been frim the beginning or just recently, I thank you. I hope that this holiday season is the best it can be for all of you. Be safe and I'll see you all back here again soon.

Angela

Carmel Beauty said...

Happy Holidays Angela !! Great post I am so glad she is going to be the godmother.

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays everyone:D...hope everyone has fun with family and friends...
im so happy that amy chose anna to be the baby's godmother!!..
and thanks angela..I LOVE THESE BLOGS and im so glad that u are generous enough to write these blogs for us blog junkies;)
so cheers to angela!!!*raises a glass* lol

Mehreen said...

Angela! You brought tears to my eyes with that entry and ruined my makeup! =) That was totally sweet. The way Anna is talking about Amy's stomach though, I thought she was having twins! (imagine! another set of Nicky & Jordy!) Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

i vote that we open up that 'whose better for anna' poll again and see who wins this time! i just caught up from 8 days of missing it andddd i'm totally ticked off that he cheated on her! good for anna for telling him to stick it up his butt! sheesh. aaanyways i'm the newest member on the jordan bandwagon.. after a few dates with other people so she sees how awesome jordan is, of course.

Anonymous said...

Angela, the best of the holiday season to you, too! Your blogs have been the ONLY reason I get on the Internet at work every day! :-)
And for those who want another 'whose best for anna' vote, let me remind y'all that I've been Team Jordy from day one!
Nothing like your lover also being your best friend.
Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

Revee said...

Can't wait for a new post! Hope we get one today.

Vikki said...

I agree with Donna. I fought it for the longest time, but I can't do it anymore. Let's get some dates with minor guys in there so Anna and Jordon can get together!!

Team Jordy!!!

Carmel Beauty said...

I agree.

Anonymous said...

I need my anna fix!!!!!!

Please update soon! But not to soon if it's a bad time. It is the holidays!