Monday, December 10, 2007

Where Will You Be At Night's End?

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would hear Josh say that. Sure, I knew he wasn’t Jordan’s biggest fan but to call him all those mean names? And to tell me to go to him? What the hell was he thinking? What the heck was going on with him? I hoped to gain some kind of insight by looking him in the eyes. It seemed that he was trying to avoid my gaze for a couple minutes but finally he looked straight at me.

“What are you still doing here?” He demanded. “Why don’t you just run along and be with him, you know he’s who you want.” He sighed; his shoulders slumped and turned his head away. “I could never be as important to you as he is.”

“Josh that’s not true!” I went to reach for him but he gripped my wrists, holding my hands inches away from his chest.

“Anna I know you want to love me, and you’ve tried so hard to do it too but you don’t, not really.” He brought my hands down to my sides, he didn’t let go of them though, he laced his fingers through mine. “We should just stop playing this game, why waste our time when we both know that it’s going to end horribly for us?”

“Why are you doing this?”

“What?” He dropped my hands before turning to look out over the moonlit lake. “Facing reality? That you are in love with your best friend and I would never be good enough!”

“That’s just crazy Josh! It’s you I’m with, it’s you that I can’t stop thinking about,” I went to him, grabbed his arm to get him to face me. “I don’t know why you think that I love Jordan, or why you think that we are going to end horribly but Josh, it’s not true! I love you! I’m wearing this -” I pulled out his grandmother’s jewellery, “because I love you. It’s a -” Josh looked down at the cross and ring, his face seemed to fall. “Josh what’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry Anna,” he backed away from me. “I’m so sorry.” He wandered over to one of the many benches that dotted the trail we were on. “So sorry,” he mumbled as he dropped onto the bench with his head in his hands.

“What are you sorry about Josh?” I went over and sat down with him on the bench. He turned to me; he looked like he was going to say something but instead he wrapped his hand around my neck and pulled me to him. “Wha-” his lips came crashing down on mine. “Oh mmmmm…”

Our kiss was something I never experienced before. It wasn’t the bone melting kisses that he normally delivered, no, it was more of a desperate act than a romantic kiss.

I didn’t like it at all. I pressed my hands against his chest and attempted to move back to look up at him. He fought me, he held me to him when I tried to put some space between us.

When he stopped fighting me, I tried to gaze into his eyes but he wouldn’t have it; he lowered his head and whispered ‘sorry’ once again.

And then he added something new. “I didn’t mean for it to happen, I don’t even remember doing it but…” a strangled cry escaped his throat.

I couldn’t explain it but a sense of dread settled over me. This wasn’t going the way I wanted it to go. I had planned on telling him about what Zack told me about both Jordan and him and telling him about the dream and what I think it meant but at that moment, it didn’t seem like it was all that important - something was seriously wrong and Josh was the only one who had the answers. “Didn’t mean for what to happen Josh? What don’t you remember?”

He took a deep breath, leaned back against the wooden back of the bench before slowly letting that breath out. He mumbled something.

“What? I didn’t get that.”

He dropped his head into his hands again. “I’m going to be a daddy again.”

I must’ve blinked a million times in rapid succession before I laughed out loud. “Funny Josh,” I shook my head. “Seriously, what did you say?”

“I am serious,” he turned to me with what seemed like pain reflecting in his eyes. “I found out tonight, after I came back from Zack’s.”

“No,” I shook my head again as if that would make what he was saying make sense. “That’s not possible, we…you…no!” Tears sprung to my eyes when he closed his eyes and told me that it was true, he was going to be a dad again. “But…how?” I stared at him. “We’ve been together for six months! Surely you would’ve known by now that…” my eyes widened as it hit me - he cheated on me!

“You hypocritical bastard!” I jumped off the bench. While towering over him, I gave him the deadliest look I’ve ever given anyone in my life. “All this time you were going on and on about how much I’ve hurt you when I kissed Jordan and you…” he looked up at me. I couldn’t say it “You bastard!”

He got off the bench to stand in front of me. “Anna I’m -”

“Don’t you dare!” I screamed as I pointed at him accusingly. “You’ve been ripping me apart with your injured soul bullshit and all this time you were screwing around behind my back?”

“No!” He reached for me but I slapped his hands away. “God Anna just listen to me, I can -”

“Josh, if the next words out of your mouth are, ‘I can explain’, I swear to God I’ll castrate you where you stand! You can’t explain sleeping with someone when you were making me suffer for one little kiss!” I was shaking, I wanted to beat him senseless but instead I stood there shaking with tears running down my cheeks. “How could you do this to me? To us?”

“I’m sorry,” he sounded sorry too. “I didn’t go out with the intention of sleeping with someone. It just happened…”

I scoffed.

“Well Anna it did! All I remember is waking up with the world’s worst hangover only to roll over and realize that the woman next to me wasn't you!”

“You were drunk?” He nodded. “So that’s all it takes for you to forget about the woman you supposedly love with all your heart and soul? A beer or two is enough to make you forget that you…” I sobbed as I felt the ring slip against my breasts. “It was enough to make you forget this?” I pulled out the ring again and held it as close as I could to his face. “Undying love, that’s what you promised when you gave them to me. You said I was the woman you were going to spend your life with but that’s…” I dropped the ring and started to slip my hands behind my neck.

“Anna what are you doing?” He asked quickly as he moved towards me, his hands jumping to where mine grasped the clasp of the chain that held everything I believe was true in our relationship. “No!” He tried to stop me, he pulled my hands from the clasp.

“Josh stop it!” I screamed at him. “Just stop it. They don’t mean anything now, they are just reminders of how stupid I was to believe that you truly loved me!”

“I do love you!” He exclaimed.

“No you don’t!” I told him. “If you did you wouldn’t have tried to get rid of me tonight like you did. Nor would you be expecting a baby with another woman.” I dug my nails into his hands, tearing into the flesh, until he pulled them from my neck and then with more speed than I thought possible with my hands shaking, I unclasped the chain and let it fall to the ground.

“Anna please just let me -”

“No,” I turned from him. “There is no way in hell I’m ever going to forgive you,” I told him. “I don’t ever want to see you again. I don’t want to hear from you or about you either.” And then, with the spite I was feeling I recalled words he spoke to me months ago, words that cut me to the bone. I glanced over my shoulder at him and I spoke those words, “If I could erase you from my mind, I would.”

I left him standing there that night but I hoped he would chase after me; he didn’t. I made it back to his place and into my car before the questions of his betrayal started to slam around in my head. I wasn’t sure if I was being too harsh with him, I just knew, in my heart, that there was no chance that Josh would ever be the man for me.

With zombie like motions, I started my car and pulled out into the road, not even looking back when I passed Josh as he walked up the sidewalk. I went home that night, crawled into bed and cried myself to sleep.

74 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Mai - yes, I know where the story is going, I've known for a while that Josh was going to do this...and I know how this is all going to end too. Wouldn't be much of an 'original' story, or 'my' story, if I let comments sway me from doing one thing or another. Sure, some may see it coming but that's ok.

I hope you all have a great day...I have to get to bed so I don't sleep in again tonight and be late for work...again!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Anna said it all, Josh is a hypocritcal bastard! I wonder who he got pregnant. Carol maybe? Hah! That would be funny, those 2 deserve each other!

p.s. I'm glad it's over between them I was a Josh fan at the beginning, but ever since the "kiss" I've been on Jordan's side.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh! Is it Carol? I hate her! Guess I hate Josh too now. Wow, never thought I'd be Team Jordan. Maybe team no one now!

Hadley said...

What a jerk!

The thing I find most unforgivable is not that he cheated, but that he has been giving Anna such a hard time about her kiss with Jordan knowing that he was guilty of far worse.

Now that she has seen Josh's true character, I hope Anna stays strong and doesn't give him another chance. I don't think he deserves another chance with her.

Please don't let Anna rush into Jordan's arms--they are great as friends.

Revee said...

What the hell? This is crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn, Wasn't it him that told her these things don't "just happen??!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Interesting turn of events. I like it... not the whole cheating bit, but seeing Josh for his true character and now maybe Jordy has a chance. I hope he comforts Anna now- She really just needs her Best friend Jordy.
T

Anonymous said...

Well, this is a disappointment. I was rooting for Josh and Anna. I hope it's at least Carol he was with, for his sons sake, maybe they'll get back together. I'm really going to miss hearing about Josh's son.

I'd sure like to hear a wrap up on Carol's husband and all that went down and if for sure both of them were abusing the child.

Anonymous said...

Well, I was, and still am, Team Jordan, but honestly, after reading this, I feel kinda sick. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I have always been very firmly a Team Josh supporter. However, obviously after today's that's very hard! I feel kinda sick too. I really really wish it wasn't true!!!!!!!!! But I'm still not Team Jordan. I don't like him for Anna at all. They are good friends, but I think that he has played with her mind too much, and also it's always a bad idea to be a rebound person. I still really wish there was some way to explain Josh's actions away so that I could be Team Josh, but I think it's impossible :(

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping Jordan can be her friend through this without trying to be/become her boyfriend. She really needs someone to just be her friend without looking for romance, because I could easily see her doing something with Jordan due to all her emotions that she/he may regret later on, if he didn't be a good friend and stop her.

I was team Josh all along, I'm no longer because how can he honestly think it was right to give her such crap about the kiss when he slept with someone else (by the way, who?!). The only thing I can think of besides him just being an absolute jerk is that he was being eaten by guilt and that's why he kept bringing up the kiss, because his actions were always on his mind. I'm officially team new guy/team no one!

Lady said...

Okay, I'm confused...

“Well Anna it did! All I remember is waking up with the world’s worst hangover only to roll over and realize that the woman next to me was you!”

Am I reading this right? Is he saying that he got drunk and woke up next to Anna, or is that supposed to read "wasn't you"?

Either way, I had a funny feeling that something happened with Josh before then, but I thought maybe he was just having a really hard time with dealing with Anna and Jordan. I NEVER expected this, especially after the way Josh treated Anna.

Anonymous said...

NOooooooooo!!!! I'm so sad, I can't even describe it. :-(

Who was the other woman? I'm also kind of hoping it was Carol...but just for Jesse's sake. And when did Josh go out and get drunk and why?

Such a heartwrenching entry, I was really rooting hard for Anna and Josh. Maybe they could have worked through him cheating...but not now, especially after how he treated her over a kiss...AND he's expecting a baby. Doesn't he know how to use a frigging condom?!

Oh man....even though I HATE this turn of events, I LOVE to read about it, lol!

Team Angela!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Interesting... I wonder if Josh would have told Anna about him cheating if the other woman hadn't become pregnant. Hmm...
I was team Josh at the beginning, but time always brings out the true colors. And lately, Josh's haven't been cutting it. Especially now, he has crossed some serious lines!
Come on Jordy, step up and be the friend Anna needs and don't push her. She'll realize soon enough that you're the one that loves her for her.

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
i can't believe josh did that! also he cheated and he expected zack to give him his blessing... sjeesh!!

Anonymous said...

I have always been Team Josh, so now I feel betrayed too! I can't believe that this happened. But, I hope she doesn't hook up with Jordy just because she is hurting over Josh. I have never wanted her with Jordan romantically, but I think he is a really good friend to her, and she could ruin their friendship by doing something with hime that she isn't ready for.

Melissa Robinson said...

that lying son-of-a-bitch!!!! HA what now Team Josh people! I have never liked Josh much, I have always been team Jordy. Poor Anna though. she was trying soo hard to make it work for josh's sake, and now what? WTF!! I wish I could get in Angela's head and read the rest of the story! You are so amazing!! I have read published books that weren't half as good as this!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It does explain why he couldn't let the kiss go - it's often said that people project/turn things around on their mate when they are guilty. I'm thinking it might be Carol after the whole Jesse "daddy kissed mommy" stuff. BUT What if it was Bella?!

Stacey

Revee said...

Now that I think about it, weren't Anna and Josh broken up just a few months ago? Could it have been then that it happened? I don't think we know the entire story!

Anonymous said...

I really, really hope it as Revee just said. Maybe it was when they were on their break; but even if it was, he should have probably said something to Anna. I don't know what to think this is so weird! I hope there is some sort of explanation to it because I want to be Team Josh but if he just straight up cheated then I can't be.

Anonymous said...

Yessssssssss
I never liekd joshhh either...
I hope she takes some time off
And goes with jordy!!!, I hope.....

B

Anonymous said...

O!M!G!

I can't believe you threw that stunner in there. I thought at first it would be with his ex but must not be? Either way that is a big stunner for me. I really hope Anna stays away from him now. I know she cares for him and it'll hurt but they are so not meant to be. I thought that for awhile since he couldn't get over her kiss. And now that he went and cheated on her, never told her till now. I cannot wait to find out what happens next.

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

although im team jordy and always have been ......this post made me sad:(..... i didnt want josh and anna to end this way?!?! whats going to happen to jesse ..he loves 'ama'! my heart breaks for that little boy...his parents are divorced..lost another potential mommy and he might have even been abused! argh poor little jesse!!!!

Carmel Beauty said...

I Liked Josh from the beginning this right here pissed me off alot I changed to team Jordan a few post back because I was just not liking how he handled the situation with the Kiss I can't wait to see who the preggers girl is. This is a trip and you know Zack is going to flip.

Amanda said...

The part I do not understand is how he just asked for her hand. Is he serious?!?!

Anonymous said...

i think that josh was only going to purpose because he was guilty, which was a shady thing to do.

and i really hope he got like bella pregnant! that would be great. he went to a bar and found her there sulking over jordy, he was sulking over the kiss, they got drunk and wam bam thank you ma'am

Anonymous said...

I am not really getting this post...he said that when he woke up the woman next to him was Anna...is he trying to say that Anna is pregnant and she doesn't realize it or was that suppose to say wasn't her????????????

Anonymous said...

Wow. Oh. my. God. As much as I didn't like Josh, I didn't expect something like this from him...

Anonymous said...

OK, I've been Team Jordan all along, and I guess I should be celebrating here. But I'm so pissed at Josh! I hope Anna takes some time for herself, before slipping back into the friendship with Jordan....then let things go from there. What a hypocrite Josh is!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME post! I've been for Jordan since before their kiss and yes how hypocritical of Josh to make her feel bad over a kiss when he was doing much worse. I can't wait to see where this goes from here.

Anna said...

Of course it should read that he realized the woman WASN'T Anna...he wouldn't be seriously tripping otherwise...

Mehreen said...

O.M.G. Did Josh tell this to Zach?? He really is an asshole! I mean, when he was going all crazy, I thought Anna should leave him instead of proclaiming her undying love, BUT THIS! I didn't want this for her, that was like the most terrible thing ever. Josh should be more responsible, drunk or not, condom! He has Jesse to think about for godssake! I'm just glad Anna got home ok, and I hope she keeps a little distance from Jordan, he doesn't want to be her rebound either! Did Josh think he was getting even or something?? I mean really, UGH! I wonder if that's why he changed his whole attitude about being 'friends' with Jordan! I bet it happened when he kidnapped her at 5am!

Nic said...

ARGH!!!! How could Josh do that to her? He's an absolute idiot.
I was team Josh but now I'm just team Anna, whatever she wants is fine by me.

Anonymous said...

WOW, I feel like I've been stabbed int he HEART!!

GG

Anonymous said...

All you Team Jordan people, I know you're celebrating that Anna and Josh are no longer together, but don't hope she goes right into Jordy's arms. Getting over a huge betrayal like that will take some time and I don't want to see Jordy be her "rebound guy."

Anonymous said...

This entry is so sad for all the Team Joshers because we feel betrayed right along with Anna!

I've reread this entry several times because I just don't want it to be true. :-(

I don't think I can be Team Josh anymore, but I'm still not quite Team Jordy either. He just seems too manipulative.

Anyway, after being in a pretty intense relationship and then being so betrayed, Anna should probably be alone for awhile.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Anna said it all... "I wasn’t sure if I was being too harsh with him, I just knew, in my heart, that there was no chance that Josh would ever be the man for me."

She'll give him a chance to explain (hopefully so we can find out who he knocked up), but there's no explanation that will keep them together. It's time for her to move on and to get her bearings straight.

Drea said...

i still believe that what anna did was so much worse. She actually had feelings for Jordan. A kiss with feelings is way worse than a random hookup.

I think he slept with someone, while they were taking that break, so its not cheating.

I think he does love her, but shes to immature for him. I love you anna. But grow up a bit.

Ypu wanted so badly for Josh to let you explain, and he didnt, so just because he didnt, you wont give him what you wanted so badly.

i love the story line, Anglea you're auhmzingggggg

Melissa Robinson said...

I dont think that even if Josh slept with this bitch while "on break" that is excusable. the point of the break was to help give josh and anna time to work on their friendship and trust before jumping head long into a relationship! Good job on working out those trust issues! God! and he gave her that necklace...his poor grandparents! Josh had never been too good at thinking when it comes to sex...remember Anna had a pregnancy scare early on in their relationship! stupid josh. I dont want to see Jordy get hurt either though. He loves Anna I think but he cant be just a rebound, and I dont know that it will ever work out for them now because I am afraid he will always feel that way!

Anonymous said...

I don't think that they were on break. I'm fairly sure that they have been back together for 6 months, which would mean he definitely cheated on her. I also agree that it was probably when she was gone with jordy and nicky. I cannot beleive eh had the nerve to ask for her hand when he knew he had slept with someone else. What a freakin a**hole to throw the kiss in her face every chance he can, but he's known for at least 2-3 months that he slept with someone else.

I'll miss hearing about Jesse, but I won't miss Josh.. What a despicable person.

I don't think Anna should rush into anything, but I think that she & jordy should try to have arelationship now.

T

Lynn said...

I'm shocked by what Josh did. I hope Anna never ask for an explanation from Josh...cause then he might think there is a chance for them, or worse yet he might think she gives a damn!

I was Team Josh all the way, but what he did is a deal breaker.

I'm Team no guy/

Anonymous said...

I'm with Nic.

Team Anna! Take some time for yourself girl! Don't rush into Jordy's arms. I don't think he's the right guy for you either :( But there'll be someone.

I really liked Josh. I figured there was something more to him, because why would he be so freaked out about a kiss, if he didn't have something to hide himself, but maybe it's all a mistake. Maybe the girl is trying to screw up his relationship with Anna, and so she's saying she's pregnant, but she's not... I don't condone cheating, in fact, I don't know if I would ever trust him again if I was Anna, but I'd like to hear his story.

D

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I totally agree that what Josh did was horrible, but I still want to know what happened!!

Anonymous said...

Please post today Angela! You can't leave us in the lurch like this!!! Otherwise the message board might just explode!!

Anonymous said...

Josh definitely cheated on her. I bet it happened when Jordy kidnapped her to visit Mike. I remember thinking it was weird that Josh never called her and she couldn't get in touch with him. I thought something was up, but nothing was ever mentioned about it again, so I forgot about it. Hmmmmmm....definitely want the scoop on this one.

Love ur blog!!

-L.H.-

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I hope this is just a nightmare that Anna's having, that it isn't really happening. It's just so hard to believe that the sweet, thoughtful Josh we fell in love with at the beginning could be so cruel and hurtful. I guess good people can do really awful things sometimes.....

Anonymous said...

What's gonna happen with Jess now? He really loves "Ama."

Anonymous said...

What's gonna happen with Jess now? He really loves "Ama."

Anonymous said...

Jessie will probably turn into a lying cheating bastard like his father!

Carmel Beauty said...

I am still freaked out by this craziness but his attuide about the kiss makes perfect sense now. Please post today Anna. I do hope that Jordan and Anna get together, but after she has had a lot of alone time because he should not be the rebound guy.

Melissa Robinson said...

there is a lot of comments on here about jess, but you cant stay with someone because they have a kid you feel sorry for. you are cheating yourself, the kid, and the other person. Jesse is young and he has a mother and father, albeit not good ones but he has them. Anna doesnt owe him anything, as much as she cares for them.

The Middle Child said...

Maybe that's why Jordan isn't with Bella? Did she cheat on him? Was it Josh? WTF is going on, post again soon!!!!!

He ruined it all. He was giving her so much crap about the kiss and how he can't trust and OMG he cheated! I love Josh but right now I could strangle him!

Anonymous said...

I realize that Josh was drunk, but is Josh having safe sex with anyone?!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Maybe, just maybe he was drugged and this is a set up...
He did say he didn't remember, and he doesn't have all the details...
hmmmmmmmmmm.. someone could have slipped something in his drink and be setting him up. Hmm, maybe this is Jordan's plan to get him out of Anna's life once and for all...

Anonymous said...

Jordan isn't w/Bella because she is supposed to be married to Wade remember? Or I think that was his name.

Carmel Beauty said...

That's right Bella pretended that Wade was her brother when he is really the ex-husband/husband. The theory with Bella and Josh would be a shock.

Anonymous said...

I like the "Anna is having a nightmare theory", I also like the "they drugged Josh theory"...Hey I can dream too!!

Come on ANGELA, please post!!!

GG

Anonymous said...

I hope its a nightmare or something. Maybe he said it because he thought that with everyone wanting Anna and Jordan together, it would just be better for Anna in the long run if he said he had done something so horrible that Anna wouldn't look back. Like trying to be selfless or something. I don't know. I'm really trying to believe the best in Josh and it's hard!

Anonymous said...

I've never commented before, but I am so torn---Angela posted a new (and final) chapter over in Once in This Life and stated that she'd be updating one other blog today. I can't make up my mind if I want "Never" or this one updated!!!

Please post on both! You don't really need sleep do you?!

:-)

Mary

Anonymous said...

Shar's blog has gone private again! How do we get in?

Anonymous said...

bearcat - u gotta to send her ur email address:D

Anonymous said...

I'm new to the blog world. How do we send our email to Shar to invite us to her blog or any other blog that has gone private?

Anonymous said...

Please post today Angela, we're all dying!

Love your writing!

J

DDgirl said...

OH. MY. GOD.

Anonymous said...

Shar's profile doesn't list her email address. How do I find it?

Anonymous said...

Angela are you trying to have your comments hit 100 because if you are I think you may just get that. LOL
PLLLLLEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE post today!!

Anonymous said...

Well you know what they say - the guilty usually try to blame the other for something that they are actually doing.

This post is just hits to close to home for me. One of my ex's had a child with his ex and she used that as a continous hold over him. She phoned me and let me know that they had done the dirty deed while I was at work, and yep she was pregnant again. I feel my heart breaking all over again.

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked by this post. I know Josh has been acting strange lately. There were secretive phone calls. Anna had no contact with him while she was visiting Mike. But I still was not expecting this!! I feel terrible for her. How painful. I wonder what she thought the dream meant. I've checked 100 times for a new post!

Karen

Anna said...

67 comments??? WOW!! I'm amazed! Thank you!

I just to let you all know that I'm writing a new post here as you read this. But if you can't wait, check out Tanner's story...there is a new post, if you didn't read it already ~s~

Angela

Nic said...

What if "she" hadn't gotten pregnant? Then Anna would have never known that he cheated on her. Grrrr.

DDgirl said...

can't wait....

Anonymous said...

OMG Karen, I completely forgot about the weird phone calls! So who was he really talking to? And when he left Anna to supposedly hang out with Jordy, was that what he was really doing?! Hmmmmmm....I'm going to have to go back and start re-reading, see if I can spot "the signs"!

Anonymous said...

I hope Jordan wasn't behind this some how.

Anonymous said...

I'm on pins and needles...love ur writing!!!!!!

Melissa Robinson said...

there is no way Jordan is behind it. josh is just a lying, cheating scum bag!Rememeber when he mysteriously left and was gone all day...anna was so sad! I bet the fucker was screwing around behind her back! Angela-you are my hero but please post soon so i can study for my finals!!!! :)