Monday, January 15, 2007

Time grabs you by the wrist

I didn’t have time to be shocked, surprised or upset at the kiss for as quickly those lips were on mine, they were gone again. If I told you I expected to look up and see someone else besides Jordan, I’d be lying; he was exactly who I was expecting but not who I saw. My brown eyes stared straight into green ones and even though they weren’t Jordan’s, they held the same mischievous look that I was very familiar with. “Oh my God, Mike!”

Mike, doing his best Conway Twitty impression began to sing, “Hello Darlin’.” I laughed, I loved that song. He continued, “Nice to see you it’s been a long time. You’re just as lovely as you used to be.”

“What? Are you serenading her?” I tipped my head back and saw Jordan, watching impatiently.

“Jordy!” I reached out my hand to him. “You’re upside down!” I laughed; I have to admit that I was feeling a little tipsy. Jordan didn’t look too impressed with neither his brother nor me at the moment. “What’s wrong Grumpy?” Tapping Mike’s shoulder I told him to let me up.

“Are you sure? I’m not sure if Jordy is done perving on you quite yet.”

“Shut up and let her up Mike.” Jordan sounded very irritated. When Mike set me on my own feet again, I gave him a quick hug and told him how happy I was to see him. Nodding, he told me that Jordan had said I would be but he wasn’t sure, in fact he said he was nervous about seeing me because of how things ended with us. I reassured him that I didn’t have any bitter feelings towards him, and joked that I just didn’t meet his requirements. “Mike?” I was feeling a sense of déjà vu; he was looking over my shoulder at something as I was talking to him.

Still looking over my shoulder, he whispered, “Far corner of the room, 6 foot or so, brown hair, nice built and I mean really nice, wearing green cargos and a black t-shirt – you know him?” I didn’t even have to look, I knew who he was talking about, and I nodded. “Damn! I was hoping that dirty look wasn’t directed at me.”

“Dirty look?” I turned in Josh’s direction. He was sitting by himself, looking mighty unfriendly, drinking beer. Mike was right he was giving him a dirty look, his eyes flicked to me then he looked away.

“What is Stalker boy doing here?” Mike shot Jordan a questioning look.

“Don’t call him that Jordy. You know he’s Zach’s friend, why else would he be here?”

“Oh! Jordy told me about him and the kid, and mentioned how were acting all crazy about him.” Mike threw his arm around Jordan’s neck, “It’s that right little bro?”

Jordan gave Mike a ‘shut up’ type look then turned to me. “Hey Anna, you haven’t met Eric yet.” He nodded to his left where a guy was hovering. I had noticed the guy earlier, it was difficult not too, he was good looking – tall, blond hair, blue eyes, medium build.

“Oh!” Mike’s face lit up at the sound of Eric’s name, he reached out and slipped his hand around Eric’s pulling him in closer to us. “Anna, I’d like you to meet my Eric.” He wasn’t paying any attention to anyone but Eric now. “Eric, this is Anna, Jordy’s –”

“Mike!” Jordan exclaimed through clenched teeth. His brother shot him a grin and continued, “Jordy’s friend.”

Eric smiled at me and held out his hand which I ignored, I pulled him into a hug. “I’m so happy to meet you! Now I know why Mikey decided to come home, he wanted to show you off and I wouldn’t blame him one bit.” I say Mike cringe when I called him ‘Mikey’, he hated it and I grinned when Eric dipped his head, blushing at my comment. We made small talk for a while, catching up on the little things that have happened in the pass couple of years. The whole time we were talking Mike was standing with his hand on Eric’s back and a smile on his face, he looked so happy. At one point Eric leaned into Mike and whispered something, they excused themselves and headed off to get something to drink. Jordan placed his arm around my waist as we both watched them walk off together. “I’ve never seen him like this.” Jordan commented. “I thought it would be weird seeing him again but he’s the same guy he’s always been.”

I smiled up at him, “Of course he is Jordy because he’s always been gay, and we just never knew it.”

“I guess so.” Jordan frowned. “Umm, Anna? About what Mike said earlier, he’s just playing around. You know how he can be.”

“He loves to pick on you ‘little bro’.”

“I hate that.” He mumbled.

“No, you don’t.” I replied. Jordan gazed down at me and agreed.

“Now that’s almost a picture perfect pose.” Mike and Eric showed up at our side again. “Now, if you just put your other arm around her and show her you mean it.” Eric slapped Mike’s arm and told him to stop. Not long after I excused myself, Zach had come up and asked me to refill some stuff for him.

I was in the garage getting more ice when someone came up beside me and leaned back against the freezer I was digging around in. Out of the corner of my eye I saw it was Josh. He’s expression was difficult to read, he was focused on the half empty beer bottle in his hand as he swirled the contents. It seemed like an eternity that we stood there not saying a word, not really acknowledging that the other was there. Finally he turned his head towards me. “Need a hand?” He nodded to the two bags of ice that I had pulled out; I shrugged my shoulders. Josh picked up one of the bag and started towards the kitchen. “So umm,” he paused at the door to the living room. “Who was that with Jordan?”

“Why?” I stopped in front of him and peered up at him. “Jealous?” I chuckled.

Without hesitation he replied. “Yes.”

“Yeah, right.” I went to push by him but he stopped me. Taking my bag of ice from me he placed them both on the table. His hand slipped down to mine, he led me to the back door. Pulling our jackets from the hooks in there, he helped me with mine before putting his own on; we went out on the back enclosed deck. Once outside, I went to the railing and looked out over the night. There wasn’t really that much to see, the moon was out so it spread a little light on the snow covered landscape. “What do you want Josh?” He came up behind me and slipped his arms around my waist; he didn’t say a word he just held me. Closing my eyes, I leaned back against his body, his arms tightened around me and he bowed his head, the stubble on his cheek was rough against the soft skin of mine. My hand rose to stroke his other cheek, a groan escaped my lips when his head turned and kissed my fingertips; I found myself turning in his arms. “Josh,” his name slipped out a sigh which was lost as his mouth came crashing down on mine. My hands pushed the unzipped jacket open and traveled up over his chest, gripping his shirt in my fists. Not one to be left out, Josh moved back momentarily from me, his hands grasping my jacket pulling the zipper downwards until it was wide open, I shivered from the cool air as it rushed against my uncovered body.

“Anna…” Josh lifted his mouth from mine and held me tight, I could feel him shaking as he held me, I was about to ask if everything was ok when I spotted Jordan watching us from the kitchen window.

“I…I have to go.” I pulled away from him. Josh also saw Jordan he didn’t put up a fight as I turned and stumbled towards the door. Jordan started in on me once I got back in the house but I barely heard what he said, I was already kicking myself for my lack of control. “Jordy back off, please.”

Later I went to look for Josh but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I asked around and some had thought they saw him leave. Even though I knew it was probably for the best, I couldn’t help but feel disappointed, I had hoped that he would’ve said bye before he left.

Midnight came and went, everyone around me seemed like they were paired up and I felt lonely as the New Year came. Jordan was standing next to me; I turned to kiss his cheek at the same moment that Mike elbowed him and motioned to me. “Happy New Year Jordy.” He turned his head and my lips connected with his lips, not his cheek. It was weird to say the least, or I think it would’ve been, I jumped back almost instantly. “Gee thanks.” He muttered before he disappeared into the crowd.

I don’t know where Jordan went when he took off, later Mike and Eric couldn’t find him when they wanted to leave. They thought that he was around the house somewhere, I told them to go and I’ll keep an eye out for him.

The last of the people had finally left and most of my family was already in bed. I was hoping to have run into Jordan by now and the fact that I haven’t had me worried; I hoped that he didn’t do anything stupid. I took more look around the house and outside but I didn’t see any sign of him. I said good night to Cassie and headed through the living room to the steps leading down to the basement and my old room. Zach had left my old room like it was just in case I ever decided to come home.
Walking to my room, I began to pull the many pins it took to keep my long curly locks in place. I reached my door; it was closed for some reason. Probably Zach or Chad closed it to stop people from going in there, I reasoned as my hand felt around for the light switch, showering the room in light. I had pulled my shirt up a little as I stepped into my room, preparing to remove it, I had it up to my breasts when I spotted something that shouldn’t have been in my room, I froze.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something?.........or someone?? Hmm, this story gets better by the day.

Anonymous said...

I I WONDER WHO IT COULD BE, MAYBE ITS JOSH.....THIS IS GETTING GOOD...

Anonymous said...

I think it's Jordan or the little Niece and her BF!

Anonymous said...

I hope it's Jordan and I hope they make-up and then make-out :) Same could go for Josh too. As long as there's some New Year's Eve action, I'll be happy.

Anonymous said...

More! More! More! More!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this blog!

Anonymous said...

you are such a tease Anna!! :) It is either Josh or Jordan. i want it to be Jordan... maybe until it is finally revealed what is up with Josh's marital status. :) But, anon 1:54 has a good point, maybe it is the neice and her boyfriend. but it was never said if he showed up... uhm....

Keep up the great work. Oh, and you said all the comments make you want to write more, i will be commenting EVERY DAY!!! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah you need to be typing these things like every few min. because I can't read them at work and it kills me! I am so HOOKED on this blog!!