Monday, January 8, 2007

Christmas Fancy

I stood still locked in the group hug, staring at Jesse. Many thoughts ran through my mind at this moment - what is he doing here? how did he know where I lived? and oh my god, I'm in my PJs! Subconsciously I ran my hand through my hair, know that it wouldn't really make that much of a difference; when I got up I had tied my hair back without care. My friends slowly disengaged from the hug, Nick and Amy mumbled something before they wandered off into the living room.

I smiled, thinking how adorable Jesse looked this morning. He was dressed up; wearing black pants, light blue shirt and a dark blue vest with a black and blue striped tie. He stood there holding his right arm up to me, his hand stretched upwards; his left arm was wrapped around his bear, Mister Bear.

I glanced at Josh hovering in the doorway, like he didn't want to be here. Which irritate me for some reason, I didn't ask him to come here. It was difficult to really be upset though, just looking at him made me want to do something stupid, like get down on my hands and knees and crawl over to him. Why I would do that, I have no idea but...damn! Could've been how utterly sexy he looked. Like Jesse he was dressed up; wearing black pants, burgundy shirt and a black tie. Seeing Jesse out of the corner of my eye bouncing, trying to get my attention was probably the only thing that stopped me from jumping Josh.

"Hey," I said as I crouched down next to Jesse. "Wow, this is a surprise."

Josh stepped toward. "We would've called first but we couldn't find your number." He placed a bag that he was carrying on the table.

"Probably because you didn't have it." Jordan mumbled.

Josh looked at him, then back at me. "I-" He was cut off by the ringing of his cellphone. He pulled it out of his jacket, looked at the caller ID and his shoulders dropped. "Hello?" He answered the phone, his voice as tense as his body was. I was curious and wanted to listen but Jesse was tugging at my pj pants.

"So how are you doing?" I asked as he threw his arms around my neck. "That good?" I laughed and wrapped my arms around his tiny body.

He pulled back and pointed to the bag Josh had dropped on the table. "Present for you."

I raised a brow, "Oh? Well, that's nice. You know what? I have one for you too." I picked him up and carried him over to the table. Sitting him on a chair, I brushed the hair from his eyes, "I'll go get it, you sit here like a good boy?" He nodded. I glanced at Josh who was still on the phone, his back to us as he talked. "I'll be right back."

I was poking around my room for the gift when Jordan joined me. "Anna, so what do stalker and the kid want?"

I rolled my eyes, "You were there Jordy, you heard." I finally found the gift.

He shook his head as he spied the gift bag. "I can't believe you bought the kid something." He turned and walked away.

I couldn't explain to Jordan how I felt that I'd be seeing them today, so I was glad that he didn't stick around for me to have to try. But his attitude wasn't like him. I went over that conversation a few times in my mind, neither time did it make any sense. I shrugged, figuring that I'd talk to Jordan after they left.

When I returned to the kitchen Josh was still on the phone. "Carol." He didn't sound happy at all, I couldn't help but listen now. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "I know. We had an errand to run." I paused at that. An errand? She didn't know he was here? Suddenly I felt like I was doing something wrong, I felt dirty. Shaking my head I forced myself to focus on Jesse. I turned towards the table and burst out laughing. Josh turned around very quickly, frowning. I shrugged and went to Jesse.

"A little hungry are you?" He had bacon hanging from his mouth; a roll in one hand and a couple sausages in the other. He turned his face upwards and grinned.

"Carol, I have to go." Josh snapped impatiently and hung up. "Jesse!"

Jesse's eyes widen and he dropped the food in his hands as he turned towards his dad, trying to look innocent. "Daddy?" He whimpered through his mouthful of bacon.

Josh sighed and shook his head, "We'll be eating at Nana's you know." He held a napkin in front of Jesse's mouth. Jesse spit out the bacon, "Sorry daddy."

Throwing the napkin away, Josh monition towards the bag on the table, "Didn't you have something for Anna?"

Jesse smiled, stood up on the chair and pushed the bag towards me as I sat down next to him. Spying the gift bag I held, he held out his hands. "Mine?" I placed the bag in front of him and we both got to work on opening our presents.

I looked over my shoulder at Josh standing at the kitchen sink, staring out the window. "You didn't have to do this you know?" He turned his head, "I didn't, mom did." I know it was crazy but his words hurt. I cleared my throat, "Well, thank her for me." Jesse had stopped opening his present and was watching me as I lifted the box out of the bag. Inside the box was a snow globe with bears ice staking on a pond. I smiled, it was nice.

"It plays music." Jesse said excitedly as he pointed to the wind up tab on the bottom. I smiled, wound it up and placed it on the table as "Let it snow" started to play. "Your turn Jesse."

He turned to his bag, "Daddy come look! Bears!" He pointed to the gift bag, to the parent bear reading 'The Night Before Christmas' to the little bear. He opened the bag and looked inside. "Daddy!" He gasped. "'piderman!" He excitedly pulled out the Spiderman dinner set and glass and showed his dad. I mentioned that I wasn't sure if he had it or not, and Josh shook his head no. Jesse reached back into the bad to pull out the rest of the present. I had bought a shirt and jeans like he was wearing the night that I met him; Josh looked at the clothes then at me with a puzzled look on his face. "It's too small and he has it already."

I nodded and smiled, "I know. It's not for him." Josh gave me a funny look.

Jesse scratched his head, "Not for me?" He didn't understand. I shook my head and pointed at Mister Bear. "For Mis'er Bear?"

"I thought he looked cold the other night." I said with a shrug, feeling really stupid at this moment.

Jesse looked at his dad then me, he picked up Mister Bear and held his out to me. "Mis'er Bear cold." I smiled, and started to dress the bear as Jesse looked on. When I was finished I turned him around. "What do you think?"

Jesse pulled the bear into his arms, then wrapped his arm around me, "Thank you Ama." I hugged him back.

Not long after Josh told Jesse they had to go. He helped put Jesse's gift in the bag and put Jesse's jacket on him. I was walking them to the door when Josh stopped suddenly. "Sorry we dropped by unannounced."

"It's ok. I glad you did, it was nice to see him again." I reached up and brushed the hair out of Jesse's eyes. "Be good and stick with daddy."

Jesse nodded, his eyes focused on something on the ceiling. "Daddy? What that?" He pointed to the top of the doorway. We looked up - mistletoe! Josh told him what it was and why it was there. When he was done, Jesse covered his mouth with his gloved hands and giggled. "Daddy kiss Ama?" Josh ran his hand through his hair and chuckled nervously. "I..ummm" He sighed.

"Daddy?" Jesse leaned over, tilting his head so he could look into Josh's eyes. "'Fraid? It's otay to be 'fraid." He nodded.

Josh glanced at me, I smiled up at him. "You don't have too."

"Yes, I do." His hand came down on my arm, he leaned forward, his lips brushed against my cheek. "I want too," He whispered in my ear. He drew back slightly, his blue eyes darkened as he looked into my eyes. His fingers trailed down my arm, playing softly against my wrist. I closed my eyes, lowering my head. "Josh we can't." I whispered not wanting him to stop touching me, knowing that he really shouldn't be. He lifted his hand from my arm to my chin, his thumb rubbed along my jaw. "Why not Beautiful?" He tilted my chin up and pressed his lips against the corner of my mouth. "Hmmm?"

"I..." I raised my hand to his chest and sighed; my fingers playing with the buttons on his shirt. I glanced at my fingers, my tongue peeked out to wet my dry lips. "Anna," he groaned before his lips captured mine. His arm snaked around my waist, drawing me tight to his body. A shiver of desire ran through my body, I couldn't help but melt against him.

"What the hell? Get your hands off her!" I felt myself being ripped away from Josh, my body screamed at this rude interruption.

I turned to stare at Jordan in utter disbelief. "What?" Jordan never said a word, he stood there with his arms crossed giving Josh the dirtiest look ever. Almost challenging him.

Josh returned Jordan's stare for a moment, then shook his head. "I..." he looked down at Jesse. "We should go." He turned towards the door without saying another word and then he was gone.

I watched the closed door willing it to open and for Josh to come in and sweep me off my feet planting another bone melting kiss on me but it didn't happen. I clenched my fists and turned to Jordan. "Don't look at me like that!" Jordan came over to me, grabbing my arms and giving me a little shake. "What the hell were you thinking? Kissing him? With his kid there? He's married Anna!"

"But I-"

Jordan shook his head, "No! No buts! Married! With a son!"

I knew he was right, I knew what I did was wrong but at the moment his lips touched mine, I didn't care. I wanted him. "Oh Jordy!" I cried. I felt my knees give out and if Jordan wasn't holding onto me, I would've fallen to the floor. "What's wrong with me?" I asked. He had nothing to say, he pulled me into his arms and let me cry.

No comments: