Wednesday, October 3, 2007

We're On Our Way

“Can I talk to you?” Josh whispered in my ear, his hand gently grasped my elbow. “Alone?”

I knew he would want to talk to me about Jordan and Nick showing up at his place, I just wasn’t sure if he would be pissed off or fine with it. “Sure,” I glanced towards the guys to tell them that we would be a minute but Nick was already back to trying to sleep and Jordan had just picked up one of Jesse’s books from his table near the couch.

“Berenstain Bears! Cool! I haven’t read about those guys in a long time!” He exclaimed as he flipped through the book before starting at the beginning again, this time reading it.

“Come on,” Josh nudged me gently, leading me down the hallway towards his room. “What’s going on Anna?” He asked me the moment he closed the door.

I shrugged, “You know just as much as I do Josh; for some reason, Jordan has taken it upon himself to ask Nick and I to do something today but didn’t tell us the time he mentioned was in the morning!”

“When did Jordan ask you about today? I thought we were going out tonight?”

Shaking my head, I told him that Jordan asked me last week about today. “He was all grumpy, saying that Nick and I never hang out with him anymore at the same time. He said he missed those times, he wanted to do something today, just the three of us.” Josh was staring at me blankly. “Honey, I told you about this last week.”

He started to shake his head.

“Yes I did Josh.”

“I think I would remember if you told me you were hanging out with Jordan at 5 in the morning Anna!”

“I didn’t know it was going to turn out like this; he didn’t say AM!”

“Well he must have Anna; he seemed to think you’ll be ready to go when he got here.” Josh ran a hand through his hair and mumbled, “And you didn’t tell me.”

“Josh!” I was going to argue with him but what was the point, I knew I told him. “Forget about it.”

“I can’t forget about it,” he said. “I have two of your friends out in my living room waiting for you to get ready to go with them.”

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and let it out before opening my eyes again. “Look Josh, I’m sorry that they woke you up, I’m sorry that I didn’t know Jordan would show up here this morning; I really can’t control what he does.”

“I know,” Josh sighed as he sat down on the bed. “I know it’s not your fault, it’s not like you would normally ask ‘am’ or ‘pm’ when you make plans with someone.” He shrugged, “I was just looking forward to spending the morning with you.”

“What do you want me to do Josh?” He didn’t answer. “Do you want me to go tell them that I can’t go?”

“No!” He jumped off the bed and came to stand in front of me. “Of course I don’t want you to do that Anna.”

“Are you sure?” I tilted my head back so I could look up at him. “You aren’t going to be mad all day if I get ready and go with them?”

“Anna,” Josh sighed, his hands curled around my shoulders. “You have barely hung out with your friends in the past couple months, it’s always been with me, my friends or family and your family, so no, I don’t want you to tell them you can’t go; it would be very selfish of me to ask you to do that.”

I raised a brow, “So you are telling me to go?”

“No, I’m not telling you to do anything. If you decide to stay or go, that’s up to you.” Josh smiled, “I would love it if you stayed but you did make plans with them…”

I hesitated, “So…” I was confused, I thought he was mad that I was going but yet he was telling me to do what I wanted, and telling me he wanted me to stay. “…you are ok with me going?”

“Yes,” he said with a nod.

“Great!” I threw my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. “I’m really curious to know what they have in mind that needed to be started this early in the morning!”

As I ran to the bathroom with my overnight bag, Josh made his way back out to the living room where Jordan was poking Nick, asking him if he was awake. I had closed the door and flipped on the fan so I didn’t get to hear what Nick growled at Jordan when he finally snapped.

A half hour later, I walked out of the bathroom, all ready for the plans they had made. While I was in the bathroom, Josh decided that he was going to go for a run after all, since he was already awake. He walked down to Jordan’s truck with us, “Have fun,” he told me as he helped me into the passenger seat.

“I will,” I kissed him. “Have a good day at work; I’ll see you tonight.”

Josh started to say ‘ok’ but Jordan cut in. “I wouldn’t count on it,” he told Josh. “I’m not sure what time we’ll be back.”

“Ok,” Josh said slowly, turning back to me. “Call me if you get back early.”

With one final kiss, Josh spun around and started down the sidewalk; I turned to Jordan. “Where are we going to be that we won’t be back home tonight?”

Jordan smiled, slipped his truck into drive. “You’ll see,” was the only answer I got from him but when he turned onto the highway a few minutes later, I wondered where the day would lead us.

12 comments:

The Middle Child said...

If I were her I would have cancelled and told them no. How fair of them is it to ask her to go somewhere and not know where and not be able to tell Josh whether or not she will even be back to see him or not? He should have at least told her where she was going.

Anonymous said...

Uh yeah, Jordan really got on my nerves in this post. How annoying!

Mehreen said...

Um, it's a surprise! She can go without Josh for 24 hours I'm sure, especially if her schedule is about to change! She sleeps there and has been going to all his family functions, I'm glad she's getting some Nick-n-Jordy time!

Anonymous said...

He could have at least let her know it would take up her whole day when she made the plans originally--that is called being considerate. It's not the fact that she's doing things with them that bugged me.

Anonymous said...

i have a feeling josh is gonna have a problem with this.

guys tend to do that whole "it's okay" thing(even when it's not), too.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I just realized she writes never had to knock! Wow this whole time I thought it was a guy writting that blog. So can we have an update on that one, or a double post on this one?

thanks

Anonymous said...

haha so i thought jordy had special plans because it was anna's birthday or something. remember the time that she woke jordy up in the middle of the night bc it was his bday?
anyway, i too am really curious where they are taking her. She grew up with them, i guess she trust them enough to go with them without knowing were.
hmm i think josh is ok with it, as long it doesn't happen often!

Unknown said...

how is it that you dragged this on for 2 cliff hangers!!! DRAT! although I am glad to see anna hanging with her friends

Anonymous said...

This is exactly why Anna is with Josh, Jordan is still a pain in the booty, grow up Jordan.

GG

Anonymous said...

I think Josh needs to take a chill pill! I think what Jordy is doing is fun and exciting. It's great that neither Nick or Anna know where it is.

Stacey

Vikki said...

I agree that's it's good that she is getting time with her friends, but Jordan should have prepared her better for his 'surprise'. I'm VERY annoyed with him in this post. And Hopefully Josh isn't just doing the 'fine, but not really' thing.

Can't wait to see what happens next!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, what is going on??!! I think I probably feel as frustrated and curious as Anna from these posts, lol!