Monday, October 29, 2007

Sleep Would Be Best

The first thing Eric and I did when Mike stomped into the room was look at each other and laugh; there was no way that Mike thought there was something going on with us. Only a crazy person would think that considering Eric’s sexual preference.

Mike pulled the blankets back, staring down at me as he kneeled on the bed. I moved away from Eric, a little worried that he was really upset that Eric and I hugged.

And he was, only not the way that I thought he would be.

“You come all the way down here to see me but you pick a fight with me and Jordan. When we get mad that you are interfering like you always do, you take off without a word? No message, no note, not even a freaking phone call? What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Wait a minute,” I sat up about to tell him exactly what was wrong with that whole tirade of his but he spoke over me.

“You are out all night with Eric, getting drunk – the both of you –” he glanced at Eric. “Since when do you drink like that? Since when do you go to the club without me? I have to beg you to go half of the time but you just decide to go with Anna! And now the cuddling in our bed? What the hell is up with that?”

Eric and I started to protest at the same time, I was saying it wasn’t like that while Eric told him it was just, ‘a hug for the love of God.’

Mike dropped his chin to his chest; neither Eric nor I could see his face. The room was deadly quiet as we watched him, wondering if that was it, or if there was more.

There was more. His shoulder’s started to shake; he lifted a hand to cover his mouth. “I can’t do it,” he choked out.

I shot a questioning look towards Eric but he wasn’t paying attention to me, he was in the middle of pushing the blankets back, his eyes were focused on Mike. “Listen…” he started but stopped short when Mike lifted his head up.

He was laughing!

“You think I don’t know it was nothing?” Mike slipped into bed, still laughing at us. “No offense Anna but I don’t think even you are capable of ‘turning’ a gay man straight; it just don’t happen.”

“You are a bigger jerk than your brother!” I snapped as I high tailed it out of the bed. “You should be ashamed of yourself! That wasn’t necessary at all!” I turned to Eric, who was still shocked at the sudden change in Mike’s attitude. “I don’t know how you love him,” I told him before spinning on my heel to leave.

I had reached the open door when I heard Mike laugh, “It got you out of my bed, didn’t it?” I ignored him and grabbed the door knob to close the door.

“Don’t even look at me,” Eric snap as the door clicked closed.

I was fuming; I couldn’t believe that Mike would go to that extreme to get me out of the room. It’s not like I was really planning on staying in there the whole night…well, I wasn’t going too if Mike came in to go to bed, which he did.

Once I walked into the living room, I was struck by the thought that I didn’t have anywhere to sleep. Jordan and Nicky were lying on the only available place to sleep, the sofa bed. “Crap,” I muttered as I made my way to the chair that Jordan and I shared earlier. “I guess this is it.”

Ten minutes later, I was curled up the best I could in the chair. I was on my side facing away from the light coming in through the blinds over the balcony doors, my knees were pulled tight against my chest and my arms wrapped around them to help keep me warm, I didn’t have a blanket, the boys had them all.

I was just about to fall asleep from sheer exhaustion when I heard a sigh come from the sofa bed. “Anna,” Jordan sat up and turned my way. “Just come over here already, you are going to wake up sore if you sleep like that.”

“I can’t,” I told him. “Besides, I’m fine, it’s surprisingly comfortable like this.”

“Yeah right!” He scoffed. “Why can’t you?”

“You know why.”

“No, I don’t Anna. If Josh has a problem trusting you, then maybe you should really rethink your relationship because without it, you have nothing.”

“It’s not me he doesn’t trust.”

Jordan laughed, “It is you Anna. If anything were to happen between us, you would be a participant as well as me.”

I didn’t say anything.

“Or maybe it’s you that don’t trust you?”

“That’s crazy,” I rolled my eyes. “I trust me just fine! And so does Josh!”

“Then get your ass over here so we all can get some sleep.” When I didn’t move, he sighed again. “Fine, wake up really sore and cranky because you didn’t sleep right, but don’t blame it on me.”

The stubborn person that I am, I waited a few more minutes before I uncurled my body and made my way over to the sofa. “It’s about time,” Jordan mumbled as he slipped over for me to slide in.

Once again I turned back on to the balcony doors as I looked up at Jordan. “I don’t want you to die,” I said suddenly. “I don’t want to think that there’s a possibility that you are sick until we find out the results of the test. I know that may be a little ostrich like of me but I don’t care. I don’t want to look at you and feel sadness when we aren’t sure what’s going to happen.”

Jordan slipped his hand out from under the covers and lifted it to my shoulder, giving me a gentle squeeze. “I don’t want to be sick, or die or anything else either Anna. I freaked out, I’ve been keeping that knowledge to myself and it’s been bringing me down. I didn’t tell mom what happened with the moles, I told her they were nothing, she doesn’t know I had them removed. I didn’t want anyone to know.”

“You told me Jordan.”

“Yes, I did.”

“Why?”

“Because I trust you.”

He didn’t add anything else, he dropped his hand from my shoulder and soon, I heard the soft sounds of his snoring mixing with Nick’s. I passed out not long after.

16 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

It was so nice to read all your stories on how you met your other half...it makes me feel a little closer to all of you..does that sound strange?

Have a Great Day!

Angela

Anonymous said...

So, she's sleeping with Jordan in the same bed...does she really never learn her lesson? I don't think my husband would EVER be okay with me sleeping in bed with another guy, "platonic" or not. She is just asking for trouble.

Anonymous said...

Ah, finally a picture to go with the author.

You are up bright and early today Angela, thanks for the entry. I think my husband would be ok about the sleeping arrangements, Nicky is in the bed too. I realize Anna and Jordan have a past, but alot of time has passed since the fatal kiss, let by-gones be by-gones. With that said, I doubt Anna will tell Josh that they slept together.

Mehreen said...

Well Anna isn't married yet and Jordan is right, without trust there's nothing. I have to say I wouldn't be happy with my boyfriend sleeping in the same bed with another woman, but he has a lot of girl friends that he's been friends with longer than we have been together so I would probably understand if it was one of them.

Anonymous said...

Reading through this section, I was wondering about newit's comment. So I went back to look through the blog again and there you were!! It's awesome to finally put a face to the "voice"! Seriously angela, you rock! And thank you for the awesome early post!

Vikki said...

As long as everyone keep their hands to themselves, I think everything will be okay :^)

Thanks for the pic!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm aware that they aren't married yet--but still, sleeping in the same bed is a pretty intimate thing, IMO, so I don't think I'd ever be okay with or expect my husband (even when he was my boyfriend) to be okay with it. And why even put yourself in that situation when there is already history of a sexual attraction there? Yes, they've been best friends, but they've also both been attracted to each other recently. It's not like the kiss happened years ago or anything, and I think it's still fresh in Josh's mind, even though he has forgiven her.

Anonymous said...

i think anna should look at it from josh's perspective.. how would she feel if they broke up for MONTHS and had her heart torn in pieces because he kissed this woman, and now, just a few months later, here he is sleeping in bed with here again 'platonically' after they wisked him away from her at 5am for the entire day and he hasn't talked to her? also, anna is so soft! if i had two friends that were compete and utter assholes to me all day long to the point that i wanted to LEAVE and hang out BY MYSELF rather than with them.. they would not be allowed to suddenly be nice to me and i'd just put up with it again!

Melissa Robinson said...

i think anna is stupid. i dont think this was a good choice.I think she should have slept somewhere else. and all of this with Jordan treating her like shit is irritating me, I like him but not like this!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I totally agree with anon 2:34 regarding Anna being so soft!! If that were me, there is NO way I'd want to be anywhere near those 2 until they at least apologized. She didn't even do any major butting into their business for them to treat her that shi*ty. AND I agree about looking at it from Josh's perspective...she already broke his heart once, is this really something he should have to deal with so soon?

MonkeySpeak said...

how is this the main issue. if there is trust, there shouldnt be a huge deal. there was NO WHERE else for her to sleep.

and how about the fact that they were TOTAL ASSHOLES to her all day long and never apologized and still turned it around on her and just expected her to get over it. Maybe she should stay out of it with Mike but Jorday over reacted, was melodramatic, acted like a baby, BROUGHT HER INTO IT and then treated her like Sh*T all day and shes just expected to pretend he didnt.

And he wasnt asking her to cuddle with him, he was telling her to sleep on the one bed available to her.

Anonymous said...

Who said it was the "main issue"? That's the main thing that stuck out to me in the post due to the history of the kiss and sexual tension between Jordan and Anna. I'm not sure why one would question someone else for seeing that as a big issue??

I don't think it's even an issue of trust in this case, considering Anna has very recently breached Josh's trust; therefore, SHE should be the one who is a little more conscious of her actions, regardless of what Josh will think.

And if that was ME, and I had done something so horribly stupid with Jordan once, there is no way I would put myself in a similar position again. I would sleep on the floor before I slept next to Jordan all night long.

But when it's all said and done, I don't think Josh will react as strongly as I would've if I were him ;) Even if he should, IMO.

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something or are you not posting to the other blogs anymore?

Anonymous said...

I think Angela is still posting on all her blogs. I'm sure she'll give us a juicy post on the others when she can, as those blogs aren't usually updated daily like this one ;)

Anna said...

Good Morning everyone!

Yes, I'm still posting on all blogs...just that this one is the only one that is updated every M-F...unless something comes up.

And speaking of that...sorry about no post yesterday...I met a guy and we were talking, I didn't even notice the time until it was way pass my bed time...oops...

I'm working on a post for here...and I've already posted on Tanner's blog if you read that one...~s~

Angela

Anonymous said...

oooOOOOOoooo...is there romance in our favorite author's future?

You may have to start another blog to dish about yourself!!

Love all your work!