Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Finally...Now I Wish I Didn't Know.

“Die?” I laughed. “Jordy, you’ll be a grandfather long before you die!” I shook my head, “Die. Funny. What’s really bugging you?”

“I’m glad that you think it’s funny that I’m dying Anna.” He started to move, he was trying to get up.

I grabbed hold of his shirt. “Are you serious?” I tried to look into his eyes but he was looking everywhere but at me. “Jordy! Talk to me! Is it true? Or are you playing some sick joke on me right now?”

Jordan stared over my shoulder, “What’s going on guys?” I heard Nick ask but I didn’t take my eyes off Jordan.

“Nothing,” Jordan jumped up despite the hold I had on his shirt. “I’m done talking,” he turned on his heel, pulled open the sliding door in front of him and slipped out onto the balcony.

Mike and Nick started at me in confusion. “Don’t look at me,” I snapped at them. “He didn’t tell me a damn thing!” I jumped up. “I don’t know what the hell is going on with him but there is no way I’m just going to let him walk away!” I yanked the balcony door opened.

“That’s it,” Mike chuckled. “Go show him whose boss sweetheart!”

With a dirty look shot over my shoulder, I step out into the fresh air. Jordan was leaning over the railing, staring off into space; I came to a stop next to him. “Hey,” I nudge him with my shoulder.

Jordan lowered his head.

I sighed; I didn’t know what to say to get him to talk to me. “Jordy,” turning to him, I lifted my hand to his back. “Please? Tell me you are kidding.”

“I’m not Anna,” he glanced at me. “I wish I was, I don’t want to die. I have a little girl who means the world to me; I don’t want another man being her daddy, that’s my job! It’s my right as the man who helped create her!”

“Why do you think you are dying? Have you been to a doctor? You don’t even look sick Jordy, you look really good.”

“Thanks Babe,” he turned to me, a smirk playing on his lips as he slipped his arm around my waist. “I think you look pretty awesome too.” He leaned in and pressed his lips against my cheek. “Really pretty.”

“Be serious!” I pushed him away.

“Ok, I’ll be serious.” Jordan dropped his arm. “I think you are looking hot today,” I shook me head. “Very hot,” he shrugged. “But you are always hot Anna; there hasn’t been a day when you don’t capture people attention just by walking into a room.”

“Don’t do this.”

“It may be your looks that get people’s attention but it’s your smile and kind heart that makes everyone love you.”

I crossed my arms over my chest, staring up at him, just waiting for him to stop this and tell me what was wrong.

“There’s no wonder why I love you. It’s no wonder that Josh is totally in love with you.” Jordan moved in closer, his hand brushed over my arm. “I know that Josh makes you happy, I see it in your eyes, and I hear it in your voice. I’m jealous of him because I always thought that we would be that happy little family.”

“Jordan I’m –”

“Don’t say it Anna, don’t be sorry for wanting more.” He kissed my forehead. “I couldn’t give you much now anyway.”

“Don’t say that Jordy, you have so much to give.”

“I’m going to die Anna.”

“No,” I shook my head. “No you can’t die, and you won’t die! I won’t let you! And neither will Jenna.”

“I don’t want to die Anna but I can’t control it.”

I closed my eyes, all this talk about dying was getting to me, I didn’t want to lose my best friend, no matter how much of a pain in the butt he was at times. “I can’t lose you Jordy,” my voice cracked. “Please tell me why you think you are sick.”

“Come here babe,” he took me in his arms and held me to his chest. “I know death scares you, it scares me too.”

“You know the mole I had on my back? The one that you kept poking when ever I had my shirt off? The one you called my evilness seeping out?”

“Yes,” I mumbled against his shirt.

“Well, it has been hurting, my shirt touching it would hurt; it was very sensitive. I didn’t really worry that much about it, until I was at my mom’s last week with Jenna. We were outside playing, she was tugging on my shirt as I acted like a puppy for her.” He smiled, “She loved it. Anna, I wish you could’ve seen her, she was laughing so hard she could barely stand. It was awesome.”

I smiled, he continued. “Jenna managed to pull my shirt up enough for mom to catch a glimpse of the mole; she started to ask me about it. She thought it looked different than it did the last time and I told her that it hurt every now and then. She flipped, asked me if I saw a doctor about it.”

“I told her I didn’t, she went into the house and called the doctor right away to make me an appointment. I went yesterday to the emergency room where they cut the mole out to send it off to the lab to check it…” he trailed off as he pulled back, his eyes met mine, he looked scared.

“While I was there, they noticed another one just down from that one, they cut that one out too, just in case.”

“No,” I was shaking my head, there was only one thing I could think off. “No, it’s…”

“Anna I’m telling you the truth, just look!” He grabbed his shirt by the hem and tugged it up as he turned away from me. “They took pieces of me,” he joked.

“Don’t…” I could barely bring myself to look at his back, I didn’t want to admit that this was even happening, that he could really be sick. I stared at the innocent white gauze covering the two spots where they cut him; a sob broke from my throat.

“I won’t know until next week for sure but the doctor didn’t look as optimistic after he cut them out as he did before he went in. They think I…”

“Please don’t say it.”

“…Might have cancer.”

16 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

You can all blame The Transformers for me not posting this morning...I HAD to get it before I left work this morning and I HAD to watch it when I got home ~l~

So the stroy...a few years ago, I had a mole on my neck, it was very similar to Jordan's story...it was there for years and suddenly it started to hurt for no reason at all and it grew a little. I asked my doctor about it, she insisted that I get it removed and sent it away to be tested. My test came back negative but there for a while, I was scared crapless about the possiblity that it could be something more. I saw my grandfather be eaten alive - that's how it looked anyway - by cancer, and that was the image I held in my head until I heard that the test came back clean.

I hope you all have a great day...~s~

Angela

Unknown said...

Yay....first commenter....I've been checking all day to see this post!

Here's my prediction....he has cancer and anna realizes that she does love him and can't lose him and her and Josh start to have major problems....hmmm....can't wait to find out!

Vikki said...

Oh NO!!!! Jordan can't have cancer!! It's not fair. I REALLY HOPE it's not as bad as the doctor thinks. I'm so sad right now :^(

Anonymous said...

I hope that if he has cancer, it doesn't mean that she will have problems with josh again! They are finally happy! If he does have cancer, I hope that she is just a good friend to him. Also, even if he did- it doesn't mean that he would die neccessarily... Good post!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can't wait till he gets the results.

becmig (i forgot my password, so i couldn't sign in- i hate when that happens!)

Anonymous said...

NOOOOO he can't have cancer!!
please let it be negative!! i agree with begmic, eventhough jordan is sick, i don't hope anna is going to change heart.

i'm glad to hear that your test was negative... i don't wish anyone to have it..

Unknown said...

i hope jordy is ok, but i dont know...I really like him and anna together. I think that if they did get together it would be for the wrong reasons, but i still like how they work together. I dont want Josh or Jess to get hurt either though

Anonymous said...

Oh noooooooooo!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wonder what's gonna happen to the Josh-Anna-Jordy love triangle now? Like Just Me said, is she gonna realize that she's in love with Jordy? Even if she's not IN love with him, I'm sure it's gonna cause tension between her and Josh; she's definitely going to want to spend more time with Jordan.

I'm still Team Josh all the way, but I don't want Jordy to DIE! I love his character and it would be like having a friend leave and never come back. Wow, I can't believe how invested I am in these people! They seem so real!! Good work Angela!

MonkeySpeak said...

WOW, Jordy is freaking out. Im sure he is scared but he probably shouldn't have been that melodramatic about the situation...

YES I KNOW everyone acts differently - My father is a survivor and I avoided another form - my grandfather died of melanoma... but man, to tell Anna that hes DYING?! Without even knowing the test results - I feel like Jordy has a tendency to cry out for attention and be really dramatic with Anna in an attempt to pull her in sometimes. I know when I went through it I told my best (male) friends that I had a biopsy done and I was scared - and my dad, even after being diagnosed never said he was Dying, just sick and what it was (i was high school, i understood what was going on and the underlying fear). Maybe Im just harsh lol but Yea, I think Jordy is being really dramatic... its ok to be scared, but I think its cruel to jump the gun and worry anna like that.

Anonymous said...

To say that he is dying w/o test results WTF!!!
A guy that I dated when I was teenager died 2 years ago from this. Spot on the back that bothered him. Being in FL, by the time you can get in to a dermatologist it was too late. He died within the month.
My dad survived another cancer and never once did he say he was going to die. He asked the question but never said that to us.
Jordy has lost some major points in my book after that attention seeking comment.
Sorry bu this just hits way too close to home!
L

Carmel Beauty said...

I agree with Vicki please don't let him die

Anonymous said...

I think Jordan is being a little dramatic....I can understand being scared but he doesn't know anything yet to go jumping to dying.....I just hope he isn't playing games with Anna to try & get her to leave Josh and be with him.

She needs to be a good friend but nothing more.

Anonymous said...

Gees..tough crowd! I can't remember how old Jordy is but it seems like he's in his 20's? That is pretty young. Also, I think a lot of people are scared to death of the "C" word. Maybe there are other things that cause his fear too. My dad died from a brain tumor when he was 30 and I know my brother, sister & I were all scared to death until we made it to 31.

I say give Jordy a break! :)

Stacey

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jordy cannot have cancer!!!!! plz no! i dont want him to die!

MonkeySpeak said...

I don't think we are being to harsh on him - cancer is scary but you worry about the disease first, then about death - you dont tell people you love you are DYING before ever hearing a test result, or what stage, etc. Honestly, MOST OF THE TIME, the moles are nothing (my uncle is a dermitologist), so for him to jump to a conclusion like that is horrible to do to friends.

Anonymous said...

I give you that Mantra - it was a harsh thing to do to his best friend. I was just trying to look at it from his view point. :)

Stacey