Thursday, October 25, 2007

Trying To End The Night On A Good Note

Eric and I entered the living room at the same time but we were both looking for different things.

While Eric went over to where Mike stood at the balcony doors, I spotted Nick hiding under the blankets that were thrown on the pull out sofa bed. “Hey Nick,” I went over and sat down in front of him on the bed. “Getting much sleep?”

“No,” he sighed. “I’m fine,” he whispered. “But those two haven’t stopped bitching long enough to let me get any sleep. I glanced at Jordan, he was glaring at me. “I told them you were ok,” Nick continued when I looked at him again. “They wouldn’t listen to me and God forbid if either one of them picked up the phone to call you guys.”

“Oh Nicky,” I reached my hand out and ruffled his hair. “I love that you are the rational one.”

“I’d love it if I was the sleeping one,” he pulled the blankets up over his head. “Night.”

While I was talking to Nick, Mike and Eric went out onto the balcony. I hoped that they were talking; I wanted them to work out whatever it was that was going on and get back to being happy with each other again. Thinking about being happy together, automatically made me think of Josh; I know it was silly but I missed him. I wished that I would’ve been able to talk to him for a couple minutes when I called him earlier.

Whack!

“Ow!” I rubbed my shoulder and glared at Jordan. “Don’t you dare start throwing stuff at me! If you want my attention try talking to me!” I picked up the cushion that struck me in the shoulder and flung it at him; it hit him in the chest. “Jerk!” I spun around, grabbed my bag and disappeared down the hall to the bathroom.

In a few minutes, I had stripped off my clothes and make up. I stood in front of the door mirror and stared at myself, frowning at the red mark from where I rubbed the spot the cushion hit. Ok, now he’s just acting like a jerk. If he expects me to apologize for having fun without him then he’s shit out of luck. I don’t owe him any apologies.

I pulled a pair of shorts and a t-shirt out of my bag to wear while I slept. Speaking of that, I frowned. Where am I sleeping tonight? Eric’s apartment was only a one bedroom and by the looks of it, the boys were sleeping on the only pull out. I guess it’s the floor for me, I sighed as I opened the bathroom door.

Slam. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

Eric came flying down the hallway, looking really upset. Before he disappeared into his room, slamming the door behind him, his eyes met mine and I felt the pain he was feeling. I wanted to hurt Mike for putting Eric through this when there was no need.

I started down the hall, determined to give Mike a piece of my mind when the bedroom door opened and Eric said my name.

“Yes?” I turned around.

“Were you done in the bathroom? I’m going to shower.” Gone was the happy, fun guy that I had dinner and danced with. Gone was the smile on his face and the light in his eyes.

“Ok Eric,” I smiled at him but he couldn’t return it, even though he tried. As he closed the bathroom door, I continued on down the hallway.

The living room was deserted, except for Nick’s sleeping body under the blankets. Jordan must have went out on the balcony as soon as Eric stormed into the apartment because that’s where he was now.

I watched them through the glass. Jordan was leaning against the railing as he listened to Mike. Whatever it was that Mike was saying, he wasn’t happy about, he was pacing and gesturing wildly with his arms. At one point, he turned, saw me standing there watching and he gave me the dirtiest look ever. I didn’t know what I did to deserve it but I’ll be damned if I was going to let him get away with it.

I marched over to the door and yanked it open. “What was that for?” I demanded.

“Mind your own business Anna!” Mike snapped at me.

“Stop being an ass,” I snapped back and slammed the door. And pulled the blinds back across the window so I didn’t have to look at either one of them. “Jerks!” I exclaimed and plopped down into the chair that Jordan and I sat in together not even 24 hours before. “I don’t deserve to be treated like this,” I muttered. “And neither does Eric.”

I sat in the chair, muttering to myself for a good twenty minutes before I heard anyone moving around. I looked up to see Jordan push through the blinds. He glanced at me, sighed and come over to where I was sitting.

“Anna,” he reached for my hand but I pulled them away. “Listen, you have to let Mike handle this his way, you can’t fix this, he needs to be the one to do it.”

I turned my head away from him.

“Promise me that you will let Mike handle this on his own. Promise me that you won’t try to help.”

I heard the bathroom door open and a moment later I heard the bedroom door close. “I’m not doing anything,” I told him as I pushed out of the chair. “I’m just being a friend, like I always am.”

“Anna,” Jordan grabbed my arm as I went by him.

“Don’t,” I yanked my arm from his grip and continued on.

As I made my way down the hallway to Eric’s room, I knew Jordan was watching me. I glanced back to see him giving me a disapproving look as I knocked on Eric’s door. “Eric,” I said softly. “It’s Anna. Are you sleeping?”

Eric didn’t answer me but the door did open and he did motion for me to come inside before he went back and crawled into bed.

“I’m sorry,” I sat on the opposite side, the side he was facing. “I wish that I could do more to change what happened today.”

Eric shook his head, “It’s not your fault Anna. It’s mine. I thought that having the guys come visit Mike would make him happy. I honestly thought that he would see that I was concerned about him and would do whatever it took to get things back the way they were but it didn’t help. If anything having them here made things worse; he doesn’t want to talk to me, he’s more closed mouthed than before. I’m starting to wonder if he’s seeing someone else.”

“Eric,” I groaned, I had nothing.

“No,” he shrugged. “If he was seeing someone else, the lack of interest he shows me would make sense. I know I’m older than him, I know I’m not as ‘cool’ as the people he used to hang out with. I don’t enjoy going to the bar every night, I rather go out for dinner or have a night at home.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that,” I told him. “There are many guys out there who –”

“But I’m not in love with any other guy,” Eric stated. “I love Mike.”

I nodded as I stretched out on the bed next to Eric; I was really tired, my body wanted to sleep. “I wasn’t saying that Eric, I was saying that there are many guys out there who are just like that. Josh is like that, we spend most of the time at his place. It may not seem that exciting to everyone else but I don’t care, I just love being in his arms.”

Eric smiled, “I can understand that.”

I closed my eyes and sighed contently, the mattress was really comfy and the blankets were cozy, I wanted to crawl under them and go to sleep. “Tell me how you met Mike.”

7 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Like Anna, I'm this close to falling asleep. Too bad I don't have someone to tell me a bedtime story ~l~

I'll see you all tomorrow! Have a Great Day!

Angela

Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)

Vikki said...

Jordan is JUST like Mike. Oh My G! They are so frustrating. I hope they stop acting like jerks and just listen. And I'm glad Anna is starting to stand up for herself. Yeah, she butts in, but what else is new. They know how she is by now.

I can't wait to hear the story of how Mike & Eric met.

Good post :^)

Anonymous said...

Wow....This story that started at 5am now into about 2:00am is a long one!!!! Seems like months ago, Jordan kidnapped Anna LOL..

Nice job Ang...

Vikki said...

I LOVE THIS STORY!! Just had to come back and reiterate my appreciation for Angela and her GREAT blogs.

You Rock!!!

MonkeySpeak said...

i cant wait to find out what is up mike and jordan's behinds. if i were anna i would have grabbed eric and gone and stayed at a hotel a while ago. what JERKS. or at least locked the door >:) let the evil brothers sleep together while i snuggled with nice cozy eric while we comforted each other.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just started reading this blog, I'm up to June so far, where Josh and Anna broke up. I can't wait to find out what happens, I'm so tempted to jump ahead to find out, but I don't want to ruin it. I can't wait to catch up!!