Thursday, October 4, 2007

Arriving At Gate 7

“Where are we going?” I turned to Jordan after we had been on the road for a half hour. “And why did we have to leave so early? Why didn’t you tell us it would be this early before today?” I stopped but he didn’t say anything. “Jordan!” I hit his arm as it lay resting on the arm rest. “Where are we going?”

Jordan sighed, “Anna look, I didn’t know until late last night that I would even be contemplating doing this right now but I had too,” he glanced at me. “We all need to do this, it’s very important.”

“Why is it important? Why won’t you tell us anything? Maybe if you let us in on what’s going on, we would be more agreeable.”

“Well,” he glanced in the rearview mirror and shook his head. “I don’t think Nick could be any more agreeable than he is right now,” he said with a laugh as I turned to see Nick passed out in Jordan’s back seat. “Why don’t you join Nick in dreamland Anna? I’ll wake both of you when we get there.”

I stared at him for a while, he would glance at me and smile until I finally gave in. “I don’t know why you have to be so secretive,” I pouted, doing everything I could to get him to tell me; pouting usually worked.

Except for this time, it didn’t make him tell me anything, he just laughed and told me to close my eyes and it would all be over soon enough.

“Fine!” I stuck out my tongue at him; yes, that’s right, I’m very mature. “I didn’t want to know anyway,” I stated as I turned my head towards the shoulder of the road and closed my eyes.

“Good,” Jordan laughed, “I wasn’t about to tell you.”

I kept my eyes closed, pretending to sleep but I was really ticked off that he wouldn’t tell me what was going on. As we drove, I tried to figure out where we could possibly be going but I couldn’t think of one place we would need to go in the middle of the week, right out of the blue like that.

While I was lost in my thoughts, I must have let the sandman catch up with me. I jumped; I think it was the sudden absence of movement that made me do it. At first I didn’t know where I was or what was happening I went to call out for Josh but something told me that he wasn’t there, which actually freaked me out even more for some reason.

“Hey sleepyhead.”

I turned my head in the direction of the voice and peeked out. “You aren’t Josh,” I whined, hugging myself because I was feeling a little cold. “Where’s Josh?”

Jordan frowned, “Josh is probably at work,” he told me.

I glanced at the clock on his dash, it read 8:20. “Hmmm,” I nodded. “Josh at work.”

He chuckled, “I’ll give you a minute to wake up.” Again, I nodded, and then closed my eyes again. I felt him moving beside me but I was too tired to really care what he was doing.

I felt his hand brush my shoulder and I woke up really fast, “What the hell are you….?” I trailed off as I turned and his hip was all that was in my line off vision. “Jordy don’t!” I tried to stop him but it was too late, he grabbed Nick’s hand and yelled, “Get up!”

Nick jumped, his eyes widened until they were the size of two saucers and his free hand lashed out, striking Jordan in the jaw. “WHAT THE FUCK?” Nick screamed, looking around frantically.

“Son of a –” Jordan dropped Nick’s hand and sank back in the seat. “That hurt!” He snapped as he rubbed his jaw while glaring at Nick.

“Serves you right!” Nick snapped back.

And that’s when I decided to get out of the truck and try Josh’s cell.

I wasn’t sure he would answer his phone since I didn’t know if he would be busy with the kids at that time or not, it was harder to know the closer it came to exam time, if there would be kids hanging out in the gym. When the third ring went through, I thought he wasn’t going to answer but just when I was about to pull my phone from my ear, I heard his voice.

“Hello sexy man,” I purred when he said ‘hello’.

He rewarded me with a chuckle and asked how I was doing. “How is everything going?”

I took a moment to look into Jordan’s truck where both guys were still snapping at each other. “Well, the guys are arguing because Jordan scared the crap out of Nick when he went to wake him up and I’m standing outside so I can talk to you without them screaming in my ear.”

“Sounds like a lot of fun,” Josh said sarcastically. “So where are –”

“I don’t care if you are my brother,” Nick shoved the back passenger side door open, almost hitting me with it. “You’re a jerk and sometimes I wish I didn’t even know you!” He hopped down and muttered ‘sorry’ to me.

“I’m sorry,” I said to Josh. “I didn’t hear what you just asked me; could you repeat it?”

“Sure, I asked if you were –”

“Oh quit being a baby!” Jordan slammed his door closed and stomped around the front of the truck, locking the doors as he did so. “All I did was wake you up because we are here!” He motioned to the building behind me, “I thought you might want to be awake for this!”

Nick spun around, looking confused. “And where the hell is this? I don’t know this place! Why would I care to come here?”

When I had gotten out of the truck, I didn’t pay too much attention to where we had pulled in but now that both of the guys were staring up at the building behind me, I turned around to see where we were.

I gasped.

“Where are you?” Josh asked, clearly curious.

“What?” Nick shot me a confused look before he focus at the building again, he had never been there before, so he didn't know what I knew.

I turned to Jordan, “You brought us to see Mike?”

9 comments:

Unknown said...

wait,isnt Mike Jordy and Nicks gay brother?

Anonymous said...

He sure is! This is gonna be good, I can tell..... :-)

The Middle Child said...

Ummmm, ok. I'm a little confused why the big secret about going to see Mike.

The Middle Child said...

And what's with the Gate 7 reference?

Anonymous said...

'Gate 7' has no bearing on the story...I was listening to 'LA International Airport' when I was trying to think of what to call this entry...and that just popped into my head. But just for kicks, I'll tell you all that I used to live real close to 'Gate Ave' when I lived in the 'city'...~l~

Yeah, so to recap, it means nothing - nothing at all...~s~

Anonymous said...

Angela - you are confusing us with this post! Hurry and post again so everything will become clear again!

Vikki said...

Yeah, I'm curios to see what the big secret is with this visit. And why did Jordy say 'We NEED this?'

Another nail biting ending...

Can't wait til the next one :^)

Vikki said...

oops curious

Anonymous said...

I recall Angela saying that with her cliff hangers she can write the next post easier and if she didn't have a cliff hanger it was hard to write the next post.

Cliff hangers are in most blogs. It keeps the reader coming back just like soap operas.....

Nice job as usual Angela!!!