Tuesday, October 2, 2007

5AM - Who's At The Door?

Five o’clock the next morning came way too early for us. What made it even worse was the fact that neither one of us had planned on being up anywhere close to that time; Josh had a tendency to forgo his runs on mornings that I was there so that we could make the most out of the few moments we did happen to have together. But that morning, it looked like the universe had other plans for us, well maybe not the universe, just a couple goofballs I grew up with.

I tried to ignore the pounding on the front door; I figured that whoever it was would go away and let me fall back to sleep but it didn’t work that way.

Josh groaned, he had been sleeping through it, I thought but I guess it had finally woke him up. “Please tell me that’s not someone at my door,” he pressed his face into his pillow. “It’s not even 5,” he growled.

The pounding continued.

“Damn it!” Josh flipped over, pushing the sheets off him as he turned. “Whoever it is better be insured because I’m going to hurt them really bad!” He jumped out of bed and headed out the bedroom door.

“Josh,” I pushed back the sheets and took off after him. “Honey wait! Clothes!”

He was half way down the hall when he finally clued in to what I was saying; he was as naked as the day he was born. “I blame you,” he chuckled as he passed me on his way back to his room.

Once he was dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt, he headed back down the hall. The pounding had ceased just after I had called out to Josh, it was now just a constant tapping on the door with a little of what sounded like scratching. “What the hell do you want?” Josh growled as he flung the door wide open.

“Don’t beat me, it was his idea!” I heard Nick exclaim as Jordan said, in his ‘British’ accent, “Top of the morning to you governor, would the lady of the manor be accepting visitors on this beautiful morn?”

Josh slowly turned from them to look at me, “It’s for you.” He didn’t step back; he stood against the door and just waited. I didn’t know what he was waiting for but I had a feeling he was hoping they would soon be on their way so he could go back to bed.

I seconded that thought, if it was what he was actually thinking. “What are you guys doing here?”

“Ahhh,” Jordan gazed at me. “Tis the lovely maiden,” he walked pass Josh and took my hand in his, lifting it to his lips, kissing the back of it. “Never have we gazed upon such a beauty! Right brother?” He glanced over his shoulder at Nick, who was leaning against the door frame with his eyes closed. “Brother?”

“Huh?” Nick opened his eyes enough to glance at the three of us. “Oh,” he nodded. “Yeah sure, looking good Anna.”

Jordan rolled his eyes, “You’ll have to forgive my brother,” he told me. “He’s a little slow in the head.”

“You woke me up at 4!” Nick exclaimed, “You are lucky Amy is 8 months pregnant, she wanted to castrate you!”

Josh had been quiet though all this, even when Jordan kissed the back of my hand, he tensed but didn’t say anything, now he choose to speak. “Well I’m not Amy; I will castrate you if you don’t tell me why the hell you guys are here at this hour!”

“It’s quite simple governor,” Jordan stated as he dropped my hand.

“Oh Lord,” Nick groaned. “This is going to take a while,” he looked at Josh. “Can I come in?”

When Josh motioned for Nick to come in, he stepped into the apartment, took off his shoes and made a beeline for the couch where he dropped and covered himself up with the blanket there. “Wake me when it’s time to go,” he muttered.

Jordan shook his head, “My brother,” he sighed. “Poor man he –”

“Oh my God Jordy!” I grabbed his arms. “Drop the accent and tell me why you are here and why Nick is sleeping on Josh’s couch.”

“Well fair maiden –”

“Jordy…”

Jordan sighed, “Ok fine! I was only trying to have a little fun.”

“So you woke Nick up and drug him out of his place at 4 in the morning? And then came over here to…” I frowned, “Why are you here?”

“I’m here to pick you up,” he told me.

“What?” Josh was at my side in a flash. “Anna isn’t going anywhere, yet.”

“But she said she would go with Nick and me at 5!” Jordan protested. “It’s 5 and we are here to pick her up!”

“I didn’t say I would go anywhere with you at 5 in the morning Jordy!” From the couch, Nick started to laugh. “What are you laughing at?” I asked him.

“I didn’t say 4 in the morning either,” he told me. “But he didn’t say 4 in the evening either.” He sat up, “There’s no point in arguing with him, I tried and here I am.”

“That’s right!” Jordan grinned. “Now go get pretty so we can be on our way.” He made his way over to the couch where Nick was sitting. “We’ll be waiting right here.”

7 comments:

Mehreen said...

I thought Jordan was drunk, but he's clearly serious...I can't wait to read what happens!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like trouble in the making... wonder how Josh is going to take this...

KBear said...

i dont remember anyone agreeing to being picked up at 4 or 5.. can anyone tell me what post that was in? i think i missed something

Lady said...

You didn't miss anything. It might've been some plans she made WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when... Or it could've been something she agreed to not really knowing what she was getting herself into. Either way I can't wait to find out what's going on either. I also can't wait to see how Josh is going to react to whatever it is!

Anonymous said...

hihihi, i think it's ... =)
i'll just wait and see!

Vikki said...

Josh does not seem happy...AT ALL!! I can't wait to read the next post. Jordy is so silly, but hey, he committed and stuck with it LOL!!

Great Post!

Anonymous said...

Well, Jordan sure is a character. I'm sure they are going to have a great time whatever they are doing. Josh is just going to get over it and go back to bed.