Saturday, August 11, 2007

What A Wonderful Feeling

I was in a state of shock, even though I told him yes and we talked a little more, when he went to get in the shower to get ready for work, I couldn’t help but pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming!

I wanted to scream from the roof tops the excitement I felt that morning, having a second chance to be Josh’s girlfriend? It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me and I was bound and determined to never ever hurt him again.

Josh, I sighed, just thinking his name made me smile like a crazy woman. I rolled over onto my side and wrapped my arms around his pillow. I wished that I was in the shower with him instead of in his bed by myself but I knew that we had to take it a little slower this time; even though he wanted to be with me and date me, I still felt that he was a little weary about the whole thing.

I will not hurt you this time, I thought as I closed my eyes and pressed my face against his pillow. You’ll never have to worry about were you stand in my life, I promise you that.

“Hey do you think I can get some loving too?” I opened my eyes and gazed up at the man of my dreams. “Or are you only in a pillow loving mood?”

“Pillow?” I tossed his pillow over my shoulder. “What pillow? Come here you,” I reached for him as he crawled onto his bed. “Mmmm, yay!” I giggled, throwing my arms around him.

“Mmmm, yay! Indeed,” Josh beamed down at me as he rested his head in his hand. “You know, I was thinking while I was showering, I don’t need to go to work this morning, I mean it’s not like anyone would notice I wasn’t there or anything.”

I giggled again because I was that happy. “No, they wouldn’t notice at all.” I snuggled up to him. “Except for the fact that everyone would be waiting for their favorite teacher to show up and then a mass riot would start when they realized that he wasn’t there. Chaos and disorder everywhere, panic in the streets even.” I sighed.

“Damn,” he sighed too. “I guess I have to go to stop the riots from happening.”

“Yeah,” I sighed again. “And you’ll have to work on not being so wonderful if you want people to not notice if you aren’t there.”

Josh laughed, “Wonderful?”

I nodded, “Yes that’s what I said. Because you know you are –”

“Mr. Wonderful?” Josh laughed when I gasped. “Bella mentioned that the first time we met, remember?”

“Oh right.” I had forgotten; it seemed oh so long ago.

“So?” Josh leaned down, kissed my cheek before moving back into his former position once again. “What are you going to do today? Do you work later?”

I nodded, “Yeah I work but first I get to help Mary with spring cleaning! I’m oh so excited about that!”

Josh chuckled, “Was that a little bit of sarcasm I heard there?”

We spent the rest of our time together that morning cuddling in bed until he had to get dressed for work. “I’ll drop you off at your brother’s house on the way,” he told me as we headed out his apartment door. “Hey!” He grabbed my arm as I started to walk towards the stairs.

“What?” I gave him a confused look as he slipped his hand down my arm to my hand, where his fingers entwined around mine.

“Nothing,” he smiled. “Let’s go.”

Josh held my hand all the way down the stairs; he held the building’s outer door open for me and walked me to the passenger side of his car, where he opened the door for me. The only time he let go of my hand was when he had to close my door and walk around to his. Once he started the car, he glanced down at my lap where both of my hands were resting. He went to reach for my hand again but he stopped, “I guess I better put it in drive first,” he laughed and finally held his hand out to me.

It was a simple gesture but yet it meant everything in the world to me. I couldn’t help the smile that spread across my face when I slipped my hand into his once again. And the look on his face? Totally priceless. Yes we were once again one of those couples who you love to hate for their touchy-feelyness.

The drive over to Chad’s didn’t take as long as I wished it would; I wasn’t really ready to say ‘see you’ to him just yet. And I guess he wasn’t ready to say it to me either because when he pulled up in front of the house, he not only put the car in park, he shut it off completely. “I don’t need to be at work until 9,” he told me. “That’s when classes start.”

“Would you like to come in?” I asked him.

“Well yeah,” he smiled. “If you insist.” He was out of the car and around to my door before I could even say another word.

As we walked hand in hand up Chad’s driveway, I realized that Mary’s van was already there, she was supposed to pick me up at 9, it was a little before 8. I went to mention it to Josh when I noticed that Zack’s work truck was sitting not too far up the street too. Oh my God! I tugged on Josh’s hand as I started to half run towards Chad’s.

I busted into Chad’s front door, frantically looking around for signs that everything was ok. Everything had to be ok; I couldn’t handle having something happen to my family when my love life was starting to work itself out.

“Anna Maria Christensen,” Zack’s voice bellowed from beyond the living room. “Get your ass in this kitchen right now!”

“Come on,” Josh whispered as he gave my hand a squeeze, “Let’s go see what’s going on.”

If I didn’t love him before, his willingness to face my family when obviously they weren’t happy about something, made me love him more.

11 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope that the weekend is treating you all well.

Anonymous said...

OOOOHHH hihihi they are so happy together =)
i think zack and chad were worried about her because she didn't came home or went to chads last night and they couldn't reach her!

great post!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, what happened?!

I love Anna and Josh!

Vikki said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so glad they are FINALLY back together!! I agree in thinking Zach was worried when she didn't come home. But, he needs to chill. She is an adult.

Anonymous said...

she didnt come home or call...shes in biggg trouble!!!!....but at least josh is there to protect her;) hehe...lol...cant wait until we get a steamy post about anna and josh getting back together!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wonder what wade has to say about josh and anna getting back together!?!?!

Anonymous said...

no post:(?

Anonymous said...

Very sad there was no Sunday post, hope everything is okay!

I adore Anna and Josh and am so glad they are back together! I hope everything is okay with her fam, maybe she just had everybody worried if they didn't know she was going to spend the night with josh.

The Middle Child said...

But she told them she probably would be staying in town that night.... so why are they so upset? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Carmel Beauty said...

I bet they are mad because they couldn't find her last night you know how overprotective zack can be.

MonkeySpeak said...

That is unfair if she is in trouble for that. I know he is a cop but she has a phone, they could have called her. and she is 23, i am sorry, she is an adult. they can't baby her like that.