Monday, August 27, 2007

Lovin' In The Morning

I was alone when I woke up the next morning. At first I thought that Josh had gotten up and left for work without waking me but then I realized that it was Sunday morning and the only place he had to be that day was his parents’ house for the family BBQ. I was looking forward to this BBQ even though the thoughts of finally meeting his grandparents made me nervous. Josh kept telling me that his family loves me and his grandparents wouldn’t be any different but I still was a little nervous, it was a big deal for me to meet them since I wore the ring and cross that were symbols of their love all those years ago.

“It’s a lot to live up to,” I had told him when I tried to explain my nervousness to him when he mentioned the BBQ. “I don’t want them to think that I’m not worthy of them.”

Josh shook his head, “Honey you are worthy of them! You wouldn’t have them if I didn’t love you completely and know for sure that you are the one for me. Please stop worrying about it; my grandparents are excited to finally get a chance to meet you.”

Where is Josh? I wondered suddenly, it wasn’t like him to not be with me when I woke up.

Pushing back the blankets, I made my way out of his room and down the hall. About half way down the hall, I heard his voice, it was soft and low, he seemed to be trying to be quiet.

“Hey sure, I can do that for you,” I heard him say as I turned the corner. He was standing at his living room window, looking out into the morning. “No, no. I don’t mind at all, I think it would be better if you didn’t do it.” He paused to listen to what the person he was talking too was saying. “Well, I can’t today,” he started as he turned around. “Why don’t I…” he trailed off when he saw me standing there. I gave him a smile and he frowned, “Yeah I’m still here,” he said to the person on the phone. “Listen, I’ll have to call you back later.”

After a few ‘oks’ he said bye and hung up. “Good morning,” he said as he came over to me. “How are you feeling?” He brushed his lips against my cheek before taking me by the hand and leading me over to the couch where he sat down first and then pulled me down next to him.

“I feel great now,” I snuggled up against his side. “I missed you when I woke up just now.” He told me he was sorry but he didn’t say anything else about it, he started to talk about the BBQ later.

Ten minutes later, he told me that he was going to see if Jess was awake. “I’m starting to get a little hungry,” he said before disappearing around the corner.

I sat there on his couch staring at the spot where I last saw him, I was a little confused, when did he stop wanting to make the most out of the time Jess was sleeping? Why was he checking on Jess?

I started to wonder who he was talking too when I came out and why he didn’t say anything more about it, he would always tell me who he was talking too, even when it was none of my business.

Ok Anna don’t do this! I scolded myself. Don’t get there and look for things to be out of place, you know that you’ll ‘see’ something just because you think it’s there. Josh isn’t keeping anything from you and he’s not doing anything that would hurt you. So don’t even start being ‘that’ girl!

By the time Josh returned, I had talked myself back into the happy mood that I was in when I woke up in his bed. “Hey,” I smiled at him. “Jess was still sleeping?”

“Yes,” he laughed. “I don’t think he cares that I’m hungry!”

Laughing, I asked him if he wanted me to make him something to eat.

“No,” he told me as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me across his lap. “I think I’ll survive until Jess wakes up…if…” he was gazing down at me with a grin on his face.

“If what?” I asked cautiously.

“If,” he repeated before leaning down until his mouth was against my ear. “If I can do a little nibbling while I wait,” he nipped at my lobe. “What do you say?”

“I say ‘yes’!” I exclaimed as his lips touched my neck.

It started out so innocently, with just little nips but soon I was on my back on his couch and he was above me. “I love you,” he whispered in between heated kisses. “You make me so happy.”

Josh’s hand trailed down my side as I spoke. “You make me…” He had lifted my leg to his hip and pressed his body down against mine, “…oohhhhh!”

He chuckled softly while kissing a trail down my neck. “I really think we should move this into my room,” he murmured.

Once I told him I agreed, he didn’t waste any time making it happen; he was off the couch in a flash. I went to get up but he insisted that I let him carry me to his room, “I worked hard to get you floating,” he told me as he made his way down the hall with me in his arms. “I’m not about to let you come back down to earth just yet.”

I couldn’t help but giggle, it was corny but oh so sweet. “Sweet talker.”

“Yes,” he agreed. “And you love me for it.”

We reached his bed, I thought he was going to lay me down but he didn’t, he held me for a while longer, kissing me passionately before he lowered my body to his bed. “Hey,” I smiled up at him as he still stood by the bed. “Come here?” I held out my hand to him but he didn’t take it right away, instead he gripped the bottom of his shirt and ripped it off over his head.

“Mmmm!” I laid back, my eyes half closed and my fingers at my lips as I gazed at the handsome man standing before me. “What about the pants?” I inquired in the sexiest voice I could muster.

Josh raised a brow in my direction but the naughty grin that played on his lips told me that he was getting to them. I watched as his fingers curled around the material of his pj pants and a soft groan escaped my throat when he pulled them down around his legs and stepped out of them. “What pants?” He asked with a laugh.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I want to thank you all for being so understanding, it really made a difference for me to not write this weekend, I actually got a lot more stuff accomplished!

But I have a little bit of bad news, there won't be a post tomorrow! I know, it sucks but I found out this past weekend that I have a training course tomorrow morning. I got in tonight for my normal shift at 11pm and I won't be leaving work until 4pm tomorrow! EEEKKK! I'm going to be so tired. And get this, I get to work at 11pm tomorrow night as well! Yay for me ~l~ Ok, that was maybe a little too much info but I wanted you guys to share in my pain ~l~

So I'll see you all on Wednesday...if I don't fall asleep the moment I walk into my house!

I hope you all have a great day!

Angela

EJ said...

Oh yuck! I'm sorry... That's not enough sleep!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! Maybe your writing will be even more brilliant with no sleep!

Stacey

Vikki said...

Aaaaww!! Bad bosses!

I completely understand the surprises that bosses throw at you.

Great Post!!

I LOVE JOSH & ANNA!!

The Middle Child said...

What a yummy way to start the day!!

What a crappy schedule for you! I hope you survive it!!

Carmel Beauty said...

It's okay Angela don't work too hard!! Good post

Anonymous said...

Is no one else concerned about the phone call? I want to know who he was talking to, especially if he always tells her but didn't. He also tried to distract her from it pretty quick. I don't think he's cheating but there's definitly something going on.
A

PCS said...

thats gotta be tough! hope you get enough sleep soon...