Friday, August 3, 2007

Stop Making My Head Hurt!

I had no answer for that one. I didn’t even realize that Jordan was keeping Jenna from Bella until she mentioned it; then all the looks Bella gave Jenna started to make sense, she wasn’t jealous of the attention Jordan gave Jenna, she was upset that he wasn’t letting her in on that part of his life.

“Have you tried talking to him about it? Asking him why? Telling him how you feel?” Bella nodded. “And he still did nothing?”

“Well,” Bella sighed. “That’s what tonight was supposed to be.”

“What do you mean?”

“When I told Jordan I felt he was keeping from being a part of his life with Jenna, he told me I was overreacting, so I asked him if we could just spend some time with Jenna; just the three of us. He told me we could today when he picked up Jenna, he told me that I could go with him and we would bring Jenna back here together.”

“So what happened? Why did he pick up Jenna by himself?”

Bella shrugged, “I don’t know. Jordan called me last night and told me that there was a change in plans, he was going out for supper with you and if I wanted, I could come along.”

“What??” I stared at her. “Jordan did…oh that man is so dead! Make no wonder you were shooting me dirty looks!”

Bella looked away, she seemed embarrassed.

“And Wade…” I frowned. “Well there doesn’t really seem to be an excuse for him.”

“Anna!”

“I’m sorry,” I told her. “But I’m this close,” I held up my hand with my thumb and pointer finger barely apart. “To slapping his so hard that he’ll never get rid of the hand print!”

“It’s not his fault,” Bella said sadly. “He’s only doing it because I asked him too.” When I gave her a questioning look, she continued. “I lied to him,” she told me. “The night he met you, when we finally got home, he told me that you didn’t seem so bad and that you were kinda hot.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Well, I told him that he didn’t stand a chance because you only liked guys who came on really strong and he was a pushover.”

“Yeah right!” I scoffed; there was no way I believed that one.

Bella sighed. “Anna my brother is a good guy, really. And he is a pushover; I got him to believe that you really liked the jerk he was trying to be.”

“I can’t believe you!” I snapped at her. “You’ve been setting your brother on me?” She nodded, “That’s twisted!” Again she nodded. “So he thinks I like being bullied? God is he really that stupid?”

“Yes,” Bella laughed. “He is.”

I shook my head, I couldn’t believe that anyone would be that stupid, or do something that twisted. “You didn’t have to do that Bella, I wasn’t going to stand in your way or try to ruin your relationship with Jordan.”

“I know,” she sighed. “And I’m sorry I did it, if I could take it back, I would.”

“Oh you’ll take it back alright!” I told her. “You are going to march in there and tell your brother he has no chance in hell with me, not because he’s a moron but because I’m in love with Josh!”

“How are things going with Josh? Jordan told me that you took Jenna to his son’s birthday party last weekend, are you two back together?”

“No,” I groaned. “I hurt him Bella, more than I ever thought I could. He doesn’t feel he can trust me fully so he wants to start over, as friends.” Bella made a face similar to the one I was sure I made when I heard him say those words.

“I’m so sorry,” she said. “Is there anything I could do? Maybe I could talk to him? Make him see that he’s missing out on…”

I shook my head, “He needs time Bella and I’m trying to give it to him.”

“That can’t be easy; I remember how happy and excited you were whenever you saw him or just talking about him. He’s your ‘Mr. Wonderful’!” I nodded, giving a little chuckle at the name Bella gave him but I really felt like crying, things were so good and I screwed them up. Bella must’ve sensed something because the next thing I know she’s giving me a hug and telling me that everything will turn out. “It has too,” she told me.

We heard the front door bang shut. “Alright!” Jordan exclaimed when we turned to look at him. “Now if you two just kiss, this making up will be so good for all of us!”

I rolled my eyes at him and Bella turned away, blushing. Jordan came over and sat between the two of us. “Come on, it’ll be fun!” When we both gave him a dirty look, he sighed. “Fine! I’ll just use my imagination.” With that said, he closed his eyes, leaned back with this stupid grin on his face. “Nice,” he laughed but then the laughter stopped and he opened his eyes to look at me. “You! Keep your hands off my woman!”

“Oh good lord,” I rolled my eyes at him again. “Gladly,” I told him as I stood up to leave.

Neither Jordan nor Bella really noticed I was leaving, they were too wrapped up in whatever whispered conversation they were having.

I walked into Jordan’s house still grinning at the sight of my best friend looking so happy as he held his ‘woman’ in his arms, I was so sure they could work out whatever issue Jordan had with letting Bella around Jenna.

If the scene I left on the front step was a happy one, the one I walked into in the living room was any but.

In fact, I think I screamed.

22 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Wade and Cassie are making out!! What else could it be?

Lynn said...

I had the same thought as anon 10:02. What else could it be.

Anonymous said...

EEK same though as anon and lynn. I hope Anna slaps him for THAT!

Anonymous said...

Oops, meant same "thought" not "though."

The Middle Child said...

All hail the cliffhanger queen!

We are not worthy!
We are not worthy!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Yes, but the Queen is very famous for making us all think one thing....and it turns out to be something else! I'm thinking that because I agree with everyone, it will be something entirely different!

Stacey

Along this path said...

Oh that is just so wrong! Cliffhanger on a Friday? Now I have to wonder all weekend long if Wade is making out with Cassie....wow that would be a crazy story line wouldn't it, lol. I am glad the Anna and Bella made up. It was nice when they were friends. Thanks Angela for a great post.

MH

Anonymous said...

Stacey is probably right. There is always an unexpected twist!
L

Anonymous said...

Gotta be Cassie and Wade making out. She is hurt by her guy and he seems to be desperate for a girl.

-Karen

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's Wade and Cass making out, Jordan was just in the house, remember?

Carmel Beauty said...

I agree with anon 10:02 and stacey so I would love to see who is going to be right

Anonymous said...

I THINK THE SAME AS ANONY 10:02

Anonymous said...

Maybe Cassie was beating the crap out of Wade! or had him in a head lock. I don't think they would be making out....too fast for a girl who just shot down her BF for wanting sex.

Anonymous said...

Ha... they are making out. or she is beating the crap out of him, like another person said. This will be good!!

Hadley said...

Wow--Cassie and Wade had better not be making out! I can't remember exactly how old Wade is, but he seems too old for a high school girl. Scandalous!!

PCS said...

agree with anon 10:29

God bless the clifhanger Queen!

Long live the Queen...

ctiger said...

Great Cliffhanger.
Oh the things i will have to read on MONDAY!! I can't wait. I was thinking that Wade and Cass would be making out too.........but then again she didn't seem to impressed with him at the begining either. Can't wait to see. Glad Bella and Anna made up too. And isn't it just like a guy to want to see girls kissing. LOL

Chris

Anonymous said...

My thoughts immediately went to the fact that Cass and Wade were making out...but how old is Wade because that would mean he is a little too desperate?!!!

Vikki said...

I agree with scarlet and anon 11:55. There's no way Wade and cassie are making out. I think she is probably kickin his butt! I hope so anyway...j/k. (but not really)

Good post.

Anonymous said...

OMG WHAT?!?!? WHAT IS IT?!?!!...i dont think that cassie and wade are making out ...thats just REALLY WEIRD!! shes in high school!...cannot wait until tomorrow! oh yes...of course hail to the queen of cliffhangers!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!