Thursday, August 30, 2007

Curious Little Boy

The first thing that was ahead for us was his family’s BBQ that afternoon. Josh told me that we would head over to his parents house around two. “We probably won’t be eating until 5 or so but everyone always goes early to help out or to hang out.”

It was almost noon before we knew it, we were still laying in bed talking about various things from family and friends, to work and what we wanted to do this summer; Josh was determined to carry out the plans he had for our weekend alone that was cancelled the month before.

“I’m just not sure what to do about Jess,” he told me. “I don’t want to ask Carol to take him for a couple days and I’m not sure about leaving him with anyone for the weekend.”

“We can always take him with us,” I offered but I didn’t really want too when it was supposed to be us alone, maybe that was selfish of me.

Josh sighed, “I guess we could…” He frowned suddenly and turned his head away from me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked when he grunted ‘huh’.

“Nothing’s wrong,” he pulled away from me to sit up in bed. “It’s just odd that Jesse hasn’t been in here yet to get me up.” I watched Josh as he swung his legs over the edge of the mattress to stand up. “I’m going to check on him,” he stated while tugging his pj pants on.

“Ok,” I replied but it didn’t matter, he was already out the door.

A couple minutes later, he came back into the room with a shocked/impressed expression on his face. “Jess is still sleeping,” he said as he plopped down on the bed and stared at me. “I went in there and he’s snoring away!”

I smiled, “Well honey he did have a lot of fresh air yesterday and didn’t get to bed until after his normal bed time; that’s probably why he’s still sleeping.”

“You really think so?”

“Yes,” I smiled. “We wore him out finally!”

Josh laughed as he joined me under the covers once again. “I didn’t think that was even possible!”

I told him that it must be because Jess was sleeping still and we were wide awake. “What did you want to do now?” I asked while I curled up next to him. “Where you still hungry?”

Josh chuckled, he told me he was hungry still but he didn’t want to get up or let me out of his arms. We spent a few minutes talking about how cool life would be if we were capable of magic but in the end, we reluctantly got up.

The couple hours between the time we got up and the time we left for his parents’ house passed by rather quickly. After we got up, Josh suggested that we both shower, “Together,” he said firmly. “Have to save water you know,” he joked when I gave him a questioning look.

“You just want me naked and wet,” I replied and he didn’t even bother to deny it, he told me that there was nothing wrong with him wanting to see his girlfriend wearing only what God gave her.

When we came out of the bathroom wrapped in towels, we were a little surprised to see a sleepy Jesse lying on the floor by the bathroom door. “Jess?” Josh knelt down as Jesse sat up. “How long have you been up?”

Jess scratched his head as he thought about Josh’s question. “This long daddy,” he held his arms as far apart as he could. “My tummy making noise daddy.”

Josh scooped Jess off the floor and stood up. Turning to me, he asked if I wouldn’t mind going to get dressed first and then watch Jess while he did. I didn’t mind at all. So as I walked down the hallway to his room, he made his way over to the couch to sit down with Jess.

Closing the door part way, I went over to my overnight bag and pulled out shorts and a t-shirt which I was planning on wearing until just before we left for his parents’ place. Once I was dressed, I returned to the living room, received a kiss from Josh as I joined him on the couch before he disappeared to get dressed.

Jess was still pretty sleepy, he had crawled up in my lap when Josh got off the couch and now he was snuggled up in my arms, so quiet that I wondered if he had fallen back to sleep.

At least I was wondering until he lifted his head suddenly to stare at me in confusion. “Ama love daddy?”

I smiled, “Yes Jess, I love your daddy.”

He frowned, his blue eyes looking even more confused. “Daddy love Ama?”

“Yes Jesse, your daddy loves me; he told you that yesterday, remember?”

The frown on his face eased a little as he said, “Oh Jesse member.”

He didn’t say anything again and I thought he was done but moments before he spoke again, he looked puzzled and his eyebrow rose as he stared up at me. “Ama why daddy kiss mommy?”

24 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great day. After I post this comment I have to head out to bring my nephew Zack to get his photo taken - he turned 2 yesterday!!

So the other blog, I don't mind if people know it's mine but I'm not sure how those who read it will react, not that I ever claimed it was real or not. I'm sure most of you already know which one we are talking about but if you don't, let me know and I'll tell you ~s~

Jordan, Nick and Bella are all still around and they will be back soon...

Well I hope the day treats you well...and if you are reading 'once' as well...there WILL be a post but not until later today.

Angela

PCS said...

WWWHHHAAATTTTTTTTTTT?????? daddy kiss mommy?????????

PCS said...

Is there another blog besides the view and once ?

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!!! My stomach bottomed out when I read that last line.

:-( :-( :-(

I really, really, really hope it's nothing...that all Jess saw was a kiss on the cheek or a peck on the lips.

Anonymous said...

Can you send me the link to the other mystery blog? I have no idea what everyoen is taking about!!

Elizabeth

eliz85020@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I thought that was your blog - I love it. Good to know that is not for real though, I was wondering.

How do you find the time to do all 3? I can barely find time to read them :)

Amber said...

I wanna know the other blog!! I love your writing!

And WOW I cant believe that... why daddy kiss mommy?!!? WHAT????

MonkeySpeak said...

I wonder if it was just an innocent kiss? Ya know, like she was having a bad day and he just gave her a quick kiss on the cheek?

Anna said...

check the sidebar...

Lady said...

I was wondering about that. You write sooooooooooo seriously well and I really thought it was from a guy!!!! But I'm glad to know that its from my favorite author. How you have the time to do it, I'll never know. I should've known when I bookmarked it that it was yours.

All three of your stories are GREAT and I can't wait for the book(s)!!!

PCS said...

OHMYGOD!!!! Never had knock on wood is yours too!!! got to be jocking!! girl you rock! All 3 are awesome

Anonymous said...

HOLY #$!%....Josh kissed CAROL, oh my god, I think I'm going to puke, this cannot be happening!!!

Please say it isn't so...

GG

WOW I love "Never had to knock on wood", I thought that was a guy, I love that BLOG Too, no wonder!!!

GG

Vikki said...

BLOOD CURDLING SCREAM!!!!!!

O M G!!! Please let Jess be mistaken. Maybe he just saw an OOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDD Picture- Hey, just let me have my denial.

I can't wait to read the next post! OMG!!!!!

The Middle Child said...

OMG! Now I am pissed at Josh!

I hope is was just a little hello or goodbye peck on the cheek!

I am freaking gonna lose my mind if he screws this up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, please let that be a mistake. Josh cannot be kissing Carol. Just wrong!!

OMG...Never had to knock on wood is yours??? Wow!! I always had a feeling that it was yours while reading it. You're awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I normally don't beg, but this a BEGGING DAY, after you come back, forget "ONCE" and post to "VIEW", you cannot leave us hanging like that, PLEASE, PLEASE!!

GG

Lynn said...

I think I threw up a little in my mouth. I hope Josh isn't that big of a hypocrite as to kiss Carol.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that CAROL Kissed Josh and not the other way around. We know she is now a single mother and knows what a good dad Josh is.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

I really hope Josh has a good explanation for his actions. I don't want to assume the worst, but I can't help it!!! It will be torture waiting for another post!

Anonymous said...

Well, we have a strange phone call and now a kiss. I don't like to think bad about Josh but something is definately up. I really don't think he would screw up so I am sure there is an explanation to both. Maybe he is trying to plan that special weekend with Anna and wants to keep it secret and maybe the kiss was innocent, like someone said - maybe Carol kissed him,she finally realized what she lost. But as I read this back there are an awful lot of "maybes".

Anonymous said...

first off, i wanna say that i love all three of your blogs. i was shocked to find out you were tanner even though i had my suspicions.

i just have one thing to ask...as much as i love how connected you are to your readers, i have to wonder if you're going to be the same way on 'never had to knock on wood'. not to be mean, but i think that comments from a woman would sort of ruin it. i was just wondering, do you think you're going to talk as anna, or amber or angela on that blog as well?

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please post soon! This has got to be one of your best cliffhangers ever. I almost felt sick when jesse asked "why daddy kiss mommy." :-D

MonkeySpeak said...

Yea, Im just sayin - A has a way to freak us all out with those lil hangers and we start hating the good guy and then there is like some explination, although we all know someday there isnt gonna be an explination and its gonna be the hanger of all hangers and we are gonna be WTF!!!!

oh and yea - i love the knock on wood thing haha its hilarious - and yea, its so true! even 30 year olds only think with their "model dreams"

The Middle Child said...

You're killing me, I guess I'll have to wait until Monday!!!

Have a safe happy holiday weekend!