Monday, February 18, 2008

A Whole Lotta Snapping Going On

When I told Zack and Mary that I was going out with Mike and Amy, Zack took me aside and asked for more details. At first I was a little offended by his questioning but once he explained that he was still concerned about the fact that I passed out, I relaxed and told him what Mike told me.

“Promise me you won’t drink,” Zack demanded once I finished. “We don’t know what happened and I don’t want to receive a call tonight telling me that you are in the hospital somewhere.”

Just because I’m a good sister and I wasn’t really in the mood to drink at all, I promised Zack that I’d stick to pop or water all night and then excused myself to go shower and get ready.

It was just a couple minutes after 5 when I pulled my car up parallel to the curb in front of Jordan’s parent’s house that evening. As I stepped out of my car, my gaze focused on the very familiar truck sitting across the road from my car.

“Jordy,” I whispered.

It had been a whole six days since I saw him last and four days since I called him in the middle of the night. I would be lying if I told you I wasn’t a little weary about his reaction when he saw me that night, I knew he was still upset with my inability to just throw caution to the wind and jump his bones - he would’ve called me if he wasn’t.

I had to stop myself from running up the drive and bouncing onto the front steps. Yes, I was weary about his reaction but I was also very excited to see him; I wanted to know if I felt different being around him now that I acknowledged that yes, I have feelings - romantic feelings - for him.

Mike answered my knock on the door with a huge smile on his face; I wanted to ask him if he gotten lucky before I arrived but I didn’t. “Anna!” He grabbed me by the hands, capturing me in his arms as he gave me a kiss on the lips. “Baby if I was straight -”

“You’d be a girl,” I joked.

He thought about that for a second, nodded thoughtfully as he told me to come on in. “We are in the living room, we were just waiting for you to get here before we left.”

“Wasn’t it only going to be Amy, you and me?”

“It was supposed to be but Nick can’t bear to let Amy out of his sight now that she’s about to pop any minute,” Mike informed me. “When Nick insisted on coming, I asked Eric to come with us as well.”

“Oh,” I tried hard not to pout about being the only one without a ‘partner’.
“So Nick and Amy are here?”

“Nope,” he turned the corner and walked into the living room. “We have to pick them up at home before we head to the restaurant. Ok Eric and Jordan, come on, let’s get this show on the road!”

Just after Mike told them to come on, his mom said something about getting him the keys to their van. “Mom, I’m not driving the van!”

“Yes, you are,” Harriet insisted. “The van is a lot easier for Amy to get in and out of and besides, this way you don’t have to take two cars.”

While Mike followed Harriet out of the room, I let my gaze travel over the room until my eyes landed on Jordan; the smile I was in the process of flashing him died on my lips. Instead of the happy Jordan I expected, I found a cranky looking, ticked off man. “Hey,” I offered weakly as my heart sank. I didn’t want him to be mad at me. I hated when I did something to upset him.

Jordan didn’t have time to reply before Mike came back with the van keys dangling from his hand; not that it looked like he was going to say anything anyway.

Outside, by the van, it took all of three seconds for me to realize just how bad this night was going to be, when Mike hit the button to automatically open the van’s dual sliding door, I got in the back seat and Jordan plopped his butt into the middle row.

“What are you doing?” Mike questioned before I had a chance to ask. “Why are you sitting in the middle?”

Jordan shrugged, “I feel like it.”

Mike glanced at me, I looked away. “Okay,” he said slowly as he turned around again.

The drive to Nick and Amy’s was really silent, uncomfortably silent. The whole time I was staring at the back of Jordan’s head, trying to will him to turn around to talk to me. He didn’t of course.

“I’ll just be a minute,” Mike mumbled before jumping out of the van to run up to Nick’s door. I swear you could actually hear crickets chirping as I watched Mike disappear into the house.

I gave it a few seconds before I sighed and leaned forward, poking Jordan’s shoulder. “Are you really going to ignore me all night?”

Turning his head only enough to say he turned but not enough to actually look at me, he replied. “I can’t think of anything I want to say to you right now.”

“Oh.” I was reeling, his cold, emotionless words hurt more than I thought possible. I was glad he wasn’t looking because I didn’t want him to see how much it affected me. I turned to stare out the window, telling myself that it wasn’t bad enough to cry over, even if that was what I felt like doing. Luckily for me, the door to Nick’s opened and Mike emerged with Nick and Amy in tow.

“Hey,” I squinted in the sunlight, trying to get a better look. “Who is with Nick and Amy?” I blinked once and gasped. “Oh my God! Is that Adam?” I turned around to look at Jordan but he was too busy shooting Adam dirty looks to reply.

“Who’s Adam?” Eric inquired as he turned around.

I smiled, I knew Adam very well, although it had been a few years since I saw him. “Adam is Amy’s cousin, he was sent to live with Amy’s family when his mother checked herself into rehab when he was 10; he lived with them until he was 21.”

And he was my first ‘crush’, I thought as the side doors slid open. It was a long time ago, he was six years older than me and I thought he was the cutest thing ever back then with his dark brown eyes, wild curly locks, crooked smile and big geeky glasses but he didn’t know I existed at all.

“Quit drooling,” Jordan’s jealous tone snapped me back to reality. I raised a brow in his direction, he rolled his eyes, mumbled something about, ‘every one but me,” and spun around to brood in his seat.

“Well, well, well,” I turned back in time to see Adam’s crooked smile aimed at me as his eyes travelled down over my body and back up again. “My Anna, you’ve certainly grown.”

Blushing, I said thanks.

“Don’t move,” he said suddenly as he grabbed for the bag that he placed on the seat beside him when he slid into the van. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Jordan trying to see what was going on without being obvious about it. “I think…” Adam reached into his bag as he stared at my face. Pulling out the fanciest camera I’ve ever seen, he fiddled around with it and then pointed it at me. “Perfect,” he told me as he took a series of photos of me, all looking a little confused, I’d imagine.

18 comments:

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

So I thought I would share this little piece of happy news with you all. This past Saturday my oldest sister gave birth to a healthy baby girl, making me an aunt for the 11th time! I'm really happy but sad at the same time because my oldest sister doesn't live close to me at all, she lives a 7-hour plane ride away so I don't know when I'll get to see my newest niece.

I hope you are all having a great day, I'll see you all later.

Angela

Anonymous said...

Does everyone think that Anna and Jordan have a healthy relationship still?
Team Josh!

LW said...

Congrats on your new niece!

But, oh Angela! Does there have to be a potential new love interest in every new post? Anna gets more action than Pamela Anderson.

Anna said...

~s~ it would seem that there has been an increase in potential loves for Anna lately but remember, there is a method to my madness...I promise ~g~

Carmel Beauty said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

114 vs. 21... yep, still team Jordan. The boy is pouting. Everyone does it when their feelings get hurt. She had his hopes up calling him that night and led him on only to back step. Of course he is going to have an attitude and they'll work through it. They are forever friends, regardless.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family, Angela!

Anonymous said...

Still team Jordy. Again as I've said before, Anna/Jordan are very much like me and my bf, and I saw plenty of times back when he and I were just friends that he got an attitude with me because I wasn't ready to date him, yet couldn't come up with a good reason as to why not. Jordy is hurt, Anna is leading him on, they'll get over it and they'll be together soon enough.

Mehreen said...

Jordan has a right to brood a bit, Anna can't always have relationships work out the way she wants/needs; I'm sure he'll snap out of it now that Adam is here. I don't know if this is just Angela's way of describing things, but everytime a new guys "looks Anna up & down" I get serious heeby-jeebies about the skeeve factor, it's like everyone is staring at her as a sex object the minute they are introduced!

DDgirl said...

congrats!

ctiger said...

Congratulations Angela. Sorry you live so far away from your sister.

As for the post. Great. Jordan is going to be a butt the whole time mayber he should have just stayed at home. He is going to ruin everyones evening. Wow new boy #2.......what is going to happen? I so love this blog. Thank you so much for sharing.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Sure when Jordan puts it's ok, whatever...he's immature as usual, TEAM JOSH!!

Anonymous said...

Jordan needs to be WAY more mature about this. He needs to talk to her and be more understanding of what she's going through. SHE's the one being mature and taking time. I am still for her and Jordan together, but he needs to grow up a bit.

mum said...

Hi, Angela. I am a new reader. Just got caught up...whew, I'm lovin it! I'm totally team Jordan. Yeah, maybe in this post he's being immature, but how many times has Anna totally overreacted or acted immature? Can't wait for the next post!

mum

EJ said...

Meh... Yeah Anna is "stringing him along" but Jordan knew the whole back story. Why would he want to be with someone who still has feelings for someone else? And he throws a hissy about it when Anna is being honest?

TEAM NEW BOY!!!

rosecheeks18 said...

i think everyone gets that anna needs time.. after a serious relationship, who wouldn't?

but can anyone really blame jordan for wanting to just into the relationship already? he knows how amazing it's going to be. besides, he has a right to brood. she can't just call him in the middle of the night being all flirty then backing away again. that's messing with his feelings and it's not fair.

definitely team jordy!

The Middle Child said...

Okay, I'm going to need a spreadsheet listing the guys alphabetically, their age, their relationship to Anna's family, etc...
Why can't Jordan just understand what she is going through and getting over instead of being such a man about everything? I swear, men live by instant gratification, they don't want to wait for anything!

Congrats on your newest neice!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new niece Angela! What's her name?