Tuesday, February 12, 2008

There Are Limits

Before I dialled Jordan’s home phone number that night, I placed my phone on the edge of the tub and stepped into the warm bubbly water. With a huge sigh, I sat back in the water, picked up my phone and hit number ‘2’ on my keypad, Jordan’s speed dial number.

I tried really hard to relax and breathe as I rested against the back of tub as the second ring went through. God, I didn’t think that it would be so nerve wrecking, making a call that I’ve made a million times before but it was. The moment in between rings seemed to last a lifetime and the feeling of impatience was just building up inside me; I was actually shaking from being so nervous. Did I really want to do this? I never done it before, yet I was sitting in the bathtub, naked and turned on, waiting to hear his voice.

There was a click, like he picked up the receiver but then there was nothing but rustling around and what sounded like a grunt.

“Jordy?” I nervously chewed on my bottom lip. “Are you there?”

There was more rustling before I heard him groan and sigh sleepily, “Hey Babe, how you doing?”

“I’m doing fine,” I started but really didn’t feel fine. “Well, actually, I feel a little bad about waking you up, especially since you work in the morning.”

“Don’t…um…” he yawned. “No worries.”

“Are you sure?” I wasn’t convinced at all, he was really tired, his yawns and sleep slurred words told me as much.

“Mmmhmmm…it’s good.”

“Oh ok,” I replied hesitantly, my turned on feelings quickly disappearing. “How was your day?”

“My day…?”

I waited and waited but time ticked by without him continuing. “Oh Jordy,” I sighed sadly. “I’ll call you later, when you are awake.”

“No,” he mumbled. “I’m awake.”

I smiled, “Jordy it’s almost three in the morning, you aren’t awake. I should’ve known better than to bug you at this hour.”

“Mmm,” he chuckled. “You should be….beside me.”

Closing my eyes, I pictured his room and him in his bed. “Are you laying on your side?” I asked without caring what he thought of that question.

“No,” he gave a little yawn. “On my back…”

“Oh?”

“Yeah,” his voice changed, his tone was deeper, sexier. “On my back…blankets around my waist…left hand holding the phone…”

Grinned, I pictured every thing he told me. “I imagine that there’s a sexy half smirking, half grin on your face too.”

He laughed, “You know me too well…”

“Yes,” I agreed. “I do know you.” And then a thought jumped into my head, one that I suddenly needed the answer too. “Jordy?” His name rolled off my tongue so easily and from the moan he gave, it was pretty hot.

“Yes Babe?”

I paused for a moment, not really believing what I was about to ask. “Where is your other hand?”

“Mmmmm ha,” he laughed like he had just been catch doing something naughty. “How are you laying in bed?” He asked me, clearly trying to change the subject.

Glancing down, I thought I should tell him that I wasn’t in bed but the ‘evil’ side of me wanted to have a little fun. Good, bad fun. “Well,” I chuckled softly. “I’m laying back against the cool back of the tub, warm bubbly water gently lapping against my skin with each movement I make.”

“Tub?” His voice came out in a tiny squeak. “You are…naked?” Laughing, I told him naked was normally how I was when I got in the bathtub. “I remember,” he groaned. “I’m…mmmm…Damn, Babe, I wish you were here.”

“Oh?” I scooped up a handful of bubbles and gently blew them out of my hand. “You don’t wish you were here in this semi dark room, in a tub filled with bubbles, with me?”

He let out a long, almost tortured, moan. “Babe come home. Forget about everything, just come and be with me.”

Tilting my head back until it rested against the wall, I let out a huge, depressing sigh. “Jordy…”

“What Anna? You are going to tell me you can’t, aren’t you?” He growled. “Why can’t you? Why is it that you can jump into a relationship with every other guy you have feelings for but you can’t give me a chance?”

“It’s not that easy Jordan.”

“Yes Anna,” he insisted. “It is that easy. You know how I feel about you and you said you had feelings for me but instead of exploring them, like you would if I was damn near anyone else, you hide behind all these excuses.”

“Please don’t push -”

“Push you?” Jordan cursed. “Damn it Babe, that’s not what I’m trying to do. I just want a chance to make you happy. Is that too much to ask for? A chance?”

“I just broke -”

“Up with Josh, yeah, I know Anna. I was there, dying inside with every kiss and touch you two exchanged.”

I started to shiver even though the water wasn’t cold. “I thought I would marry him Jordan.” I tried to reason with him, make him see that I needed some time. “There is a part of me that still feels that way towards him and I can’t help it. I don’t want to get involved with you right now, not when I’m all messed up still from him. I don’t think it would be fair to you.”

“Fair?” He scoffed. “Anna life isn’t fair.”

“I know,” I brushed my fingers over my cheek, wiping away the silent tears that slipped from my eyes. “I’m sorry Jordy, I really am. I want to be able to be who you want me to be right now but I just need a little time.”

He was quiet for a while, I wanted to say something but I couldn’t think of anything other than I was sorry. I wanted to tell him that I loved him and I was ready to give him a chance but it was too soon, even if I didn’t want to believe it, I knew that if I got into a relationship with him right then, I would end up destroying every feeling he had for me.

“Jordy please say something,” I begged, my voice breaking.

With a deep sigh, he told me that he knew what I was saying was true, “but Anna, don’t expect me to wait idly by for you to come around to give me a chance - a chance that you may never be ready to give me.”

“I don’t expect you to wait,” I whispered, my heart hurting with every word I spoke.

“I’m going to California next month,” he informed me.

Nodding dejectedly, I told him I understood. “I hope you have fun Jordan.”

My mood when he said he was going to try to go back to sleep was totally opposite from when I first dialled his number. I don’t remember getting out of the tub, drying off or anything but I do remember burying my face into the pillow when I got into bed and sobbing uncontrollably.

Just before I fell asleep, I decided that, starting the next morning, I was doing everything I could to move forward so that I could be with Jordan.

“I just hope it won’t be too late,” I whispered as my eyes drifted shut.

22 comments:

KBear said...

i can see his point. but at the same time, i can see anna's too.

i just hope they figure it all out

Anna said...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

It's been a while since I made a comment...I'm sorry. There's no excuses for it. I wish I was in the mood to post more - here and on my ther blogs - but I've been truly in a funk for a while now. I'm thinking it's time to wrap up some stories and start with some of the many other ideas running around in my head. We'll see how it goes ~s~

You guys are the best and I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read the stories I write.

I hope you all have a great day!

Angela

Carmel Beauty said...

Angela as long as you wrap up the stories with an ending like you did Once in this lifetime go for it I love love love your writing so I shall follow just give me a link.

As for jordy and Anna I like Kbear understand how both of them feel hope you can figure it out so they can have there happy ending. My only request is how ever you decide to go please let us see a little of the happy couple. Cause we haven't had a chance to see anna and jordy together just anna and josh and I love seeing how the couples react to eachother.

Anonymous said...

jordy dont go to california...forget olivia or whatshername:P...anna and jordy all the way!

Anonymous said...

Just don't stop this blog. PLEASE! It's my favorite one.

Anonymous said...

NOOOO! Do NOT get with Jordan! He proved his true colors again today. He pushes her WAY to much. It is totally understandable that she needs time to think, and adjust before jumping into something new. And as for forgetting everthing and coming home- wasn't everyone's problem with Josh that she neglected her family when with him? And now Jordan is telling her to forget the rest of a trip devoted to her nieces because he selfishly wants her right this second? Josh was sad to see her go out of town, but he didn't demand that she come home immediately. Jordan is immature and selfish. He ruined her relationship with Josh and now is telling her that he isn't willing to wait for her to work through a break up that happened like 2 weeks ago? I want her and Josh back together. And if that isn't gonna happen :( then someone else besides Jordan at least.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I've only posted once or twice on here, and even then it was anonymously, but I just wanted to say that this is my FAVORITE blog of yours. I think its because it reminds me soooo much of my own relationship with my boyfriend. I just started my new blog site so I decided to log in and post this time. Anyway, I'm team JORDY because i see now how great it can be when you give in to the guy thats been there through everything. My boyfriend and I have been best friends for years. He's always been interested in me and I never gave him a chance pretty much for all the same reasons Anna has refused to give Jordan a chance. But a couple months ago I gave in to my friend, and it has been amazing. By far the best relationship I have ever been in. I can't blame Jordan for being a little pushy since his feelings have been made public, its difficult to be pushed aside time and time again. Is he being a little selfish? Yes, undeniably, but when are any of us completely unselfish all the time? He was her friend first so he will still be there for her and give her what she needs, but at the same time he can't just retreat and act like his feelings aren't there.

I know my blog only has a few uninteresting posts on it right now. But feel free (please) to check it out!

Anonymous said...

I hate how she finds it ok to call him in the middle of the night to flirt with him yet she is going to say that she isn't ready for a relationship. She is stringing him along.

Anonymous said...

I love all of your blogs, but if I had to choose ONLY one to keep... I'd say keep this one. I know that it has been going on the longest, and you may be tired of the story line, but I love these characters. I love this story; it's the one that I can relate best too. Regardless, I love your writing style and will enjoy whatever you choose to do. =D

Heather said...

She shouldn't go to Jordy out of guilt which is the place she is in at the moment. She is way too conflicted to make a decision and would steam roll Jordan if she went to him at this time. Our girl just needs some time to clear the cobwebs and get her head straight. She needs to focus on her - bottom line.

Mehreen said...

Anna, you could wrap this up in a month IF you really want to! Anna can spend that month getting over Jordy and stop him at the airport before he goes to California. I love this blog so I don't want you to end it, but it could end Friends style (except Anna would actually catch Jordy before he got on the plan, unlike Rachel & Ross)

Anonymous said...

Great post! I love all your blogs, but I have to agree with others that this is my favourite. As long as you're writing something I will gladly keep reading! Love you work!

J

kmorales4 said...

OMG, OMG, OMG. THIS IS AWESOME! i DON'T WANT IT TO END.

Anonymous said...

Well, I have finally been converted to team Jordy. I think they belong together, but Anna definately has to get over her pain with Josh. She should have a little fling while in the city with the cute hotel guy (the girls will concur) and get home to Jordy. It was very unfair of how she treated him on this post. If we were still back in highschool, she would have been called a c*ck tease.

Anonymous said...

I've read all your blogs....and enjoyed every one. But if I HAD to make a decision, I'd have to BEG you not to end this one! I see so much for Anna and Jordan! I think she and Josh should resolve their feelings and become friends again so Anna can explore a relationship with Jordy.

Anonymous said...

Angela,
You are a super great writer. I think you should be writing novels. I do love all your stories and check hear a million times a day for the next post. This one is my favorite. But I would totally understand if you wrapped them up and started new ones. I would follow your work anywhere.

-Karen

Vikki said...

I don't wan tthis one to end either, but if it must, I understand :^ (

Now, about the post...I'm annoyed with Anna. She can't call Jordy from the bath tub talking all sexy and not expect him to want to be with her. It's not fair. I understand that she doesn't want him to be the rebound guy, but she needs to stop sending him those signals until she is ready. But that's just my opinion...

:^ ) I love, Love, LOVE This BLOG!! End this one last please :^ )

Vikki said...

Pretty please with a cherry on top!!

(Just thought I'd add a little extra on the end there)

Anonymous said...

As much as I want Anna and Jordan to be together, I will be really sad for this blog to end with that. Can't you end the other two and keep this one? :-) Wishful thinking, I know!!

But I am soooo excited at the possibility of Anna and Jordan finally getting together!!

KBear said...

im with everyone else. i love this one the best, i even liked it more than "once in this life" and if i had to choose, i would rather end the others, and keep with this one. they have sooo many possibilities!

Anonymous said...

I was disappointed in Anna's behavior, too. She can't be all sexy and then turn it off. I agree with him, he can't wait forever.

I hope you don't end this blog....it rocks!!! It's what I look forward to.
~M