Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Let The Fun Begin!

The last thing I remembered was Jordan shifting into drive and easing out of his driveway. I took his suggestion and sunk into the passenger seat and closed my eyes.

It seemed like I had only just closed my eyes when I felt movement beside me. Opening my eyes just a little, I managed to make out Jordan’s outline as he came to rest beside me after having lifted the center console back up and sliding across the bench seat of his truck.

He didn’t say a word as his hands moved to my hip, fumbling with my seatbelt. Once the seatbelt click open and started to slide back to its home, Jordan leaned down and pressed his lips against my cheek. “Wakey, wakey,” he said softly.

“Nooo,” I whined as I turned towards him. “I’m sleepy Babe.”

“I know!” He pulled me into his arms. “You were snoring!”

Snuggling up to him, I sighed happily. “Can we just go home?”

“Ahhh…” he chuckled. “Sorry Babe, we can’t.”

“Oh.” I pouted. “We can grab something to eat at your place.” I offered but he still said we couldn’t go back to his place. Frowning, I pushed away from him. “Why not?”

Instead of saying anything, his fingers curled around my chin and he carefully turned my head so that I could see out the windshield. “That’s why Babe. I’m not driving back home tonight.”

“Where…?” I glanced around, looking through the windshield out at the brilliantly lit hotel that towered over us as we sat in the parking lot. “But Nick said…”

Jordan’s mouth was on my cheek again. “Do you really think I would give up a weekend with my girl to spend a couple hours with my brothers?”

“Nick lied to me?”

“Not really,” he pulled back and looked down with me. “They did want to plan something for tomorrow and I told them I would hang out with them – if I didn’t have this hot girlfriend that I’m jonesing for.”

With a snort, I asked him if he thought that he was getting some action this weekend. “Because, you know, you’ll have to spend some serious dough to get me in the sack Babe.”

“Good thing I got paid today then,” he replied with a grin. “Now, get outta my truck and into that hotel room before I take you here, in my back seat!”

“Pff, get your butt out and open the door for me. I’m high class, don’t you know?”

As he turned to open his door, he mumbled, “Oh you’re in a class of your own, I know that.” If he wasn’t smiling like a fool when he walked around to open my door, I would’ve thought my joking around upset him, but we have always joked around like this. That was one of the things I loved about dating him, I could be myself and he loved it.

When he opened my door, the cool air of the night rushed in and made me shiver. “It’s certainly cooling off,” I commented unnecessarily. “Winter is around the corner.” I wasn’t looking forward to winter.

“Yes,” he took a deep breath. “It’s wonderful, isn’t it? The snow, the ice. The hockey, skiing, skidooing –”

“I get it,” I slipped out of his truck. “You love winter, crazy man.”

“You should to Babe, winter is your season.”

I scoffed. “Winter is so not my season.”

With a slight shrug, he pulled me away from the truck so that he could close the door. “Maybe this winter will be something special.”

I asked him what he meant but he just said that we never know what will happen in the future as he grabbed our bags from the back seat of his truck.

“Did you pack my bag?”

“Nope,” he reached for my hand and motioned towards the hotel entrance. “Mary took care of it for me. I wanted this to be a surprise for you Babe. You’ve been working hard and not taking the time to think about yourself for the last couple months.”

I threw my arms around his neck. “Thank you Jordy, you have no idea how much I’ve been looking forward to this.”

As we made our way to the hotel, he told me that he thought this would be the best place to go because I raved about how awesome the rooms were the last time I was there with my nieces. “Of course, I didn’t get a room with two queen beds but I don’t think you’ll be too disappointed.”

“Oh? What room did you get then? Hopefully one with a bed.”

“Ha ha!” He shook his head. “No, I asked for a conference room. How do you feel about doing it on a table?”

“I’m not sleeping with you,” I smirked as I let go of his hand and walked ahead of him into the lobby of the hotel.

“That’s what you think,” he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. “You’ll be sleeping with me Babe, even if you don’t sleep with me.”


Turning in his arms, I smiled. “I love you so much.”

“Love you too Babe.” He pressed his lips against mine briefly. “Now, let’s check in.”

The first person I saw when I turned around was Tessa. She greeted me with her trademark frosty look.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ding-Ding it's the return of the Wicked Witch of the Front Desk!!

Love it!

Carolyn

Dido said...

I think this is going to be a great adventure - full of drama! :)

Anonymous said...

I am wondering when you might have an update on Janies blog.
I know you are busy but I am curious to see what Devon was up to with that girl!
L

Melissa Robinson said...

haha and the scott drama begins! I am almost afraid to read any more...in a good way because I am so happy with Jordy and Anna together I dont want to read the next day because I dont want it to go bad!! lol! I am a dork...

Anonymous said...

yay! i am so glad it was a trick.... can't wait to find out what happens next!


~a*

Janie said...

Not posting here today...but I have posted over on Janie's blog if you were interested ~s~

Have a great day!

Angela

Anonymous said...

"If" were interested? Of course! We are interested in anything you post!

Sandy

Mehreen said...

You'd think Tessa would be happy she's with Jordy and not there for Scott!

Anonymous said...

I Had a bad experience w/ a desk lady once. I called on my way in to tell her my boyfriend had broken up wtih me and asked what the penalty would be if I cancelled JUST that night and stayed in my friends room and then kept the second night since his friend was coming the second night only. We were there for a wedding btw. She said no problem and just do it when I got there, no penalty. Well I got there and she was like oh well too bad, full charge. I flipped. Not only was I miserable bc my bf had broken it off with me THAT DAY but it was a wedding, i was gonna be alone in a room, etc. I started yelling at her bc she was the one who answered the phone and I told her to... ehem... eff off... she almost kicked me out. We realized the lady was drunk and my friend kinda poked me and I realized it was time for the theatrics. I started SOBBING and going on and on about how horrible men were and how I was with the guy for years and it was a wedding weekend and my friend hugged me and gave her horrible looks as I sobbed onto his shoulder and he said just stay with me anyway sweetie its ok. The lady finally caved and said I shouldnt curse its not proper but stated getting in on how horrible men were and blah blah. She canclled my room for that night and gave me a discount on the second night!!!!

The whole thing was so weird the minute my friend and I got into the elevator we started cracking up. We couldnt stop laughing until we got to our room. We were scared to go by her again because we knew wed laugh but we had to to get out so I had to get myself to cry again as we walked past her to get to the bar down the street. good times.

Anonymous said...

Way to cheat the system "front desk"...

Anonymous said...

Wasn't necessarily cheating the system. They said i could drop the room that night on the phone but to do it when i got into the hotel, the lady was drunk, i was honestly upset - its hard to explain how ridiculous the night was. Imagine being dumped by the guy you were with for about two years the day you were supposed to go to a friends wedding with him... an out of town one... and then having to deal with a drunk front desk lady.

honestly, laughing was the best thing in the world for me. im happy i can look back on that night with good memories rather than bad :)

Vikki said...

This is gonna be good11

Vikki said...

Oops '!!'

Anonymous said...

now we are down to 2/3 post a week..... dang Im seriously starting to loose interest and It sucks cuz this used to be one of my fav blogs