Monday, May 26, 2008

Day Away

The first night in the hotel with Jordan was just perfect. From the moment I walked out of the bathroom until I drifted off to sleep, he told, showed, or helped me feel how much he loved me. I was enjoying being wrapped up in us so much that I didn’t want to even leave the room the next morning when he sleepily suggested that we get up and go find some breakfast.

“But the hotel has room service Jordy.” I snuggled closer to him. “Can’t we just order something and stay in?” While I was hoping that he would say yes, I knew he wouldn’t, I had a feeling he had plans for us that involved going out of the hotel.

“We could,” he smiled down at me. “But we won’t.”

I asked him what was so important that we had to leave the room and he gave me a funny look. “Babe,” he sat up and turned to pull me into a sitting position beside him. “Don’t take this the wrong way but this weekend isn’t all about getting you naked.” His eyes travelled down to the blankets that just barely covered my bare chest. “Although I really love it when we are naked together, that’s not why I brought you here.”

“Oh,” I glanced away from him. “I thought that’s why we were here.”

“Anna if it were only about sex, why even bother to leave home?” He chuckled softly. “This weekend is about us, and I like to think there is so much more to us than how we are together sexually.”

“Good thoughts,” I smiled at him. “So what are we doing today?”

Reaching around my back, Jordan slapped my butt. “Get up and you’ll see Babe.”

We didn’t exactly leave the hotel room right away, after he smacked my butt, he went to get out of bed and I attempted to get him back. He quickly rolled back onto his butt, trapping my hand under him as he reached for my sides and just started to tickle me. Every time I tried to turn the tables on him, he let me think I was about to do it but then he overpowered me and resumed his ‘attack’ until I was curled up in the fetal position begging for mercy.

“Ok, Ok,” he moved to my side and grinned down at me. “I wouldn’t want you to pee on me!” When he turned to get off the bed, I moved into position to slap his butt because I just couldn’t let it go. I didn’t think he saw me but just as he stood up and I made the move to slap, he spun around and grabbed my hand. “Gotta be faster Babe,” he smirked as he turned me onto my side and spanked me again.

“Where are you going?” I called after him as he hurried away from the bed, not caring that he was completely naked. And I couldn’t help but check him out as he made his way to the bathroom.

“Going to shower,” he threw over his shoulder. “Wanna join me?”

He didn’t need to ask me twice, I was off the bed and at his side in no time at all. As he laughed, I took his hand and pulled him into the bathroom.

An hour after we disappeared into the bathroom, Jordan opened the hotel room door. “Hello,” he nodded to the cleaning lady who was just about to knock on our door. “That’s pretty good timing,” he smiled at her. “Great timing, the room is all yours.”

As we walked away, I noticed the lady checking him out. “Hey Jordy?”

He looked at me and I nodded back to the lady. He didn’t even glance back as he told me that he wasn’t interested in even knowing.

We left the hotel and went straight to the nearest restaurant for breakfast and then made our way to the mall.

It seemed like we spent forever in the mall. We started out in the rec room playing air hockey and pool then headed off to the restaurant part of the place to grab burgers and fries.

“I’m going to ask Heather if I can have Jenna over Christmas,” he blurted out between a bite of his cheeseburger and a sip of his Pepsi. “She probably won’t let me have her then, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask, I haven’t had Jenna over any holidays yet and this is my first Christmas with her.”

“Christmas?” I raised a brow. “Wow Babe that’s great. I don’t see why Heather wouldn’t agree to that – she seems to really want you and Jenna to become closer.” A couple weeks before, I was with Jordan when Heather picked up Jenna; one of the first questions that Heather asked Jenna was if she had a great time with her daddy.

“You love being with daddy, don’t you?” Jenna nodded enthusiastically and reached for Jordan; Heather let him take Jenna in his arms once again. “A couple more minutes,” she told Jenna as she turned to me. “I’m gonna talk to Anna for a minute, if that’s ok?” She directed that question to Jordan.

“Of course,” he smiled. “We’re gonna play in the living room,” he told us and then gave me a kiss before disappearing into the house.

“So how are you doing?” I asked her once we were seated in Jordan’s kitchen. “How’s Hank?”

She grinned. “He’s great, I’m great. But I wanted to talk about Jordan and you.” Her eyes lit up. “I can’t believe it finally happened! It’s been what? A couple months?”

I nodded, “It’ll be four months in a couple days. Trust me; I can’t even believe it some days. You know people always talk about finding your soul mate – someone who is like your best friend –”

Heather leaned in over the table. “I’m so happy for you two; Jordan has been so happy lately, it’s great to see.” She went on to tell me that she was worried for the longest time that Jordan was going to try to get back with her. “As much as I loved Jordan, it’s nothing like the feelings I have for Hank – despite the issues we had in the beginning.”


“Yeah Heather has been great with giving me time with Jenna but I’m afraid that she won’t let me have her for Christmas.”

“Don’t worry about it,” I reached out and squeezed his hand. “I don’t see Heather stopping you from seeing her over Christmas but –” I stopped short.

“What?” Jordan looked at me. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I shook my head slightly. “Just that – well…” I frowned. “I just realized that Christmas as we knew it is done.” He shot me a questioning look. “I mean, the days of Nick, Amy and us hanging out together Christmas Eve and having breakfast together are pretty much gone. Nick and Amy are going to be doing their own thing with Bradley this year and you, well, you are going to want to spend time with Jenna.”

He started to say something but I stopped him. “No, it’s ok Jordy, that’s the next step in the whole growing up thing, spending important holidays with family.”

“Babe…”

“Come on,” I tugged on his hand and motioned towards the bowling lanes in the other room.
“Ready to get your butt whooped?”

12 comments:

Mehreen said...

I hope Jordy isn't about to propose, but the holidays don't have to change, they'll just be better! Jordan is getting along with his father, Nicky just had a baby, it'll be a great Christmas. What month is it in Anna's world right now?

Anonymous said...

Yes Jordy, PROPOSE!!!

Carmel Beauty said...

I think he should propose to it is time for them to end on their happy note.

Anonymous said...

Anna isn't mature enough for him to propose yet....but I keep hoping none-the-less!!

--Momma J

MonkeySpeak said...

Anna's reaction was enough to show she isn't ready for a relationship. that was a subconscious cry for validation. she thinks she is being tough but her insecurities just keep showing through.

Snoopy said...

First off... I have been reading all of angelas blogs from day one... and sometimes it is annoying that she has a life and can't keep me entertained. Sometimes, I am not in love with how the story goes, but with any good book there are parts that aren't my fav. However, she writes for herself, and we are lucky to be able to share with her. That she does keep us informed. And to call her names, and be plainly cruel to a stranger is insane.

I think it is trashy to act that way to someone you don't know. And to criticize the story and debate it is one thing, to criticize the person is FUCKED UP!

Secondly, I don't think they are ready to get married. But I do think that she should realize nothing will change and that she is considered family. Maybe her insecurities stem from her losing her parents so young...

Lynn said...

Thanks, my mantra is hamsa, something about Anna has been annoying me lately, but I couldn't put my finger on it. But you are right on about her cry for validation. Poor Jordy just said he wanted Jenna over Christmas and Anna turned it onto herself. Anna definately needs to mature and be able to see that it isn't always about her.

Anonymous said...

whoa Jocelyn take a chill pill

Melissa Robinson said...

wait did I miss something? who called who names?

Anonymous said...

I was just gonna ask the same thing, who called who a name???

Anonymous said...

im pretty sure she was commenting from the previous post's comment section, it got pretty heated over there.....

Lynn said...

I was thinking that jocelyn was probably referring to the anonymous post that attacked Angela a couple post ago. It was very snarky, but Angela handled it with class and grace, so I didn't comment on it. By the way good job handling it Angela!