Thursday, May 8, 2008

Better Than I Thought

“Ignore it,” Jordan whispered over my shoulder as I returned Tessa’s frosty glare. “She’s just jealous.”

“Of what?” I asked as I glanced over my shoulder.

When Jordan and I started to date, one of the first questions that he asked was about Scott. From the night that we were at the bar with his brothers and their other halves – since the moment he heard me on the phone with him – he’s been dropping hints that he wanted to know more about Scott. So a couple weeks after we got together, he finally asked me about Scott and my level of involvement with him.

I thought about just brushing it off but since I was still chatting with Scott at the time, I felt that I had to be honest with him. So I told him how I met Scott at the hotel when I checked in. I told him that he was interested in me and he tried, a few times, to get me to spend some time with him while I was staying there. He heard about the breakfast that we shared with my nieces and how bitchy Tessa was to me because I talked to Scott.

“Like you don’t know,” Jordan chuckled. “Come on Babe, let’s check in and I’ll explain, in detail, all the reasons she would have to be jealous of you.”

I just smiled as he slipped his hand into mine and led me towards the front desk, where I recognized someone else, Chelsea. She was busy with another guest but the other lady that she was working with was free, so Jordan went to her.

As Jordan checked us in, I wandered into the seated section of the lobby where they had done some new interior design since the last time I was there – instead of a light summer look, they had changed into a fall motive and it was really beautiful.

A door to the right of the front desk opened just as I turned around to return to Jordan’s side. I stopped short as Scott appeared from office and looked around the lobby until his eyes landed on me. His face lit up as his mouth turned up in a big grin. “Anna!”

At the sound of my name, Jordan turned around in time to see Scott hurry across the hotel lobby to stand in front of me. For a moment, he hesitated and then he surprised me by giving me a bear hug. “I can’t believe you are here, I was thinking about you just yesterday, wondering what you were doing.” He released me. “I was going to try calling you tonight,” he laughed. “This is crazy!”

About a month or so after Jordan and I started dating, I kind of lost touch with Scott – the hotel became crazy busy and I was all over the place with everything I had going on.

“Hey Scott,” I smiled at him. “It’s good to see you. How have you been?”

“That’s what I was going to call you about,” he seemed so excited about something, it was curious. “Do you have time tonight to meet me in the lounge for a drink?” He bit his lip and then looked around. Frowning, he turned back to me. “Where are the girls? Or…” he suddenly looked very hopeful. “Are you here by yourself?”

“No –”

“You should’ve called me,” he cut me off. “I could’ve given you a great deal on a really awesome room.”

“That’s very nice of you to offer,” Jordan appeared at my side, his arm slipped around my waist as he moved in to brush his lips against my temple.

For a split second, Scott looked surprised but he hid it quickly. “Oh,” he held out his hand to Jordan. “You must be…” he glanced at me. “The boyfriend?”

“Yeah,” Jordan took Scott’s hand and shook it firmly. “I’m the boyfriend. You must be Scott.” They dropped their hands back to their sides. “Anna mentioned that you worked here.”

“Actually,” he smirked. “I don’t work here anymore.” Turning to be, he told me that he was really going to call me. “I have something exciting to tell you.”

I asked him what it was but he told me that he would tell me later. “You are here with your boyfriend, I don’t want to ruin your evening.”

Despite the fact that I was curious about what was doing on with him, about what he wanted to tell me, I was eager to go up to the room and relax with Jordan. “It was good to see you again.” I moved away from Jordan to give Scott a hug.

“Yeah,” Jordan agreed. “Maybe, if you are around tomorrow, we could get a drink and chat.”

Jordan’s suggestion surprised me. In fact, his whole coolness about running into Scott surprised me, I was so used to Josh flipping out, I expected that from Jordan as well.

I slipped my arm around his back and grinned. “That sounds like a good idea Jordy.” Turning to Scott, I asked what he thought. “Would you be interested in meeting up with us tomorrow evening?”

“Sure,” he flashed us both a smile and suggested a time. We agreed on a time and then said goodnight.

After we parted ways with Scott, Jordan and I made our way up to our room. In the elevator, Jordan dropped our bags and pulled me into his arms; it was so unexpected, I actually chuckled. Instead of kissing me, which would be the expected thing to do, Jordan rested his chin against my forehead and just held me close.

When the elevator dinged on our floor, I felt him sigh. “Want to take that ride again?” He asked me as his arms tightened around me. “I don’t wanna let you go.”

“Then don’t,” I tilted my head back so I could see him. “We could continue this in our room.”

“Mmm,” he grinned. “Yes, yes we could.”

As quickly as he could, he grabbed our bags and led me down the hallway towards our room. When he arrived at the room, he fumbled with the key card as if he was nervous. But what did he have to be nervous about? It wasn’t the first time that we had ever been alone together.

Turning to me, he smiled. “So were you giving up food to cuddle with me?”

“Hello no!” I exclaimed with a laugh. “I want food and you, what do you say about that?”

“I’d say that tonight is your lucky night my love – all your dreams can come true.”

10 comments:

Melissa Robinson said...

AWWW I am so glad Jordy is being friendly to Scott, and that Anna was honest about him and her involvement with him, that is awesome to see them being mature in this!!!you rock angela!

Anonymous said...

great post! can't wait to see what jordan means by her dreams coming true... he wouldn't propose this soon, would he? ;) i'll be checking back all day to find out!!!!

~a*

Dido said...

Yay! We are getting some good drama! Not the bad kind!

Anonymous said...

Loved this interaction with Anna and Jordan. He is so sweet! I didn't like hearing that he was ignoring her all fall. Good post.

-Karen

mum said...

Yay! Anna was up front w/Jordy about Scott. We don't have that potential drama lurking over her head. Jordy did play the mature card. Glad to hear it. I'm liking the way this is going. Thanks, Angela!

mum

Vikki said...

They are so sweet! Where's my Jordan?!?!

Great post. Can't wait for the next one :^ )

Mehreen said...

Aw, that was cute. Jordan and Scott both handled themselves maturely. I'm glad Anna noticed that Josh was a loose canon when put in similar situations.

Anonymous said...

Mehreen, I was thinking the same thing.

I can't wait to read more!

C

Anonymous said...

I miss the posts. :o(

Anonymous said...

I miss the post too. I think I must've checked about 20 times today. I hope your ok Angela.