Sunday, December 31, 2006

Storytime

Five years ago, just after I had graduated from high school, I had gotten into a hugh fight with my oldest brother. Zach is 14 years older than me, he had married his high school sweetheart, Mary when he was 20. They had three girls; Cassie, Lindsay and Natalie. Zach is a great father and a great cop, although sometimes he can't separate the cop from who he is when dealing with his family, I guess that's normal. He had also been my legal guardian since my parents were killed in a car accident when I was 8 years old - a drunk driver hit them. I wish I could say that I made it easy for him, but I didn't. There were so many times that I uttered the phrase 'you can't tell me what to do, you aren't my dad.' I knew it hurt him, I knew that he would've done anything he could to have my parents back again but I was young and hurting too. I don't remember why we fought that night, all I know is that it ended up with all of us in tears - Zach, Mary and me. That summer I moved out of his house and left town. I went to my other brother's home 6 hours away. Chad was two years younger than Zach and I hadn't spent that much time with him because he lived so far away. At first he didn't really want me to stay with him, he didn't want to come between Zach and I; he wanted us to work it out. But Zach had asked him to take care of me, I didn't find that out until later.

Everything was going great that summer, I had gotten a job at the diner there as a waitress. I was enjoy it. While working one night, I had run into a guy that had gone to my school a couple years ago. We didn't hang out when he was in school, he was a jock and we didn't run in the same circle. I met him at Mac's, the local bar, a couple weeks after I moved in with Chad. Robbie was still a jock, he was going to college here and living with his brother and his wife. Robbie kept trying to pick me up every time that I saw him, until finally I gave him a chance. He was throwing a party and had invited me to go. He told me that his brother, Josh and his wife, Carol were gonna be outta town.

The night of the party came. I was getting ready to go when Chad came in my room, he wanted to talk to me about what my plans were for the upcoming school year. I told him I wasn't going to college this year. He didn't like that, started to lecture me about taking a year off and not going back, stuff like that. I didn't want to hear it, I've heard it lots from Zach all summer every time I talked to him on the phone. I told Chad I didn't want to hear it and that I was going to a party. Then he starts to question me about the party - who was gonna be there, where it was, that kinda stuff. Being a teenager is sometimes the worst thing ever. Every one telling you what to do and then expecting you to be adult and make your own decisions. I wish I could say that I was mature all the time, but like everyone there are always moments of immaturity. I was frustrated, I finally told him he wasn't my dad and to back off. He stood there, shocked for a moment. I just left and walked over to the party.

There were a lot of people at the house, the music was pumping and the drinks were flowing. Around 2 that morning everyone was wasted, I was feeling good. Robbie had been hanging around me for most of the night, I knew why but I just wasn't interested in doing anything with him. I was about to tell him when the music stopped. We all looked around. Standing next to the stereo was one pissed off guy. He looked around the room, searching for someone. His eyes stopped in my direction and he started forward. I heard Robbie curse behind me. "He wasn't supposed to be in town." He muttered. Josh had stopped right in front of me, he was towering over me, looking behind me at his brother. I wanted to move, but found I couldn't. I glanced up at him, he had to be 6'2 easily. 6'2 and really mad. He was gripping his teeth, his jaw twitched, his blue eyes were cold. I was glad I wasn't on the receiving end of the look he was giving Robbie for he scared me and intrigued me at the same time. He reached around me, grabbing Robbie's arm pushing him towards the kitchen. Before he went through the door, he turned to look at the people still there, "Party's over, go home" he growled then disappeared. People started to scatter, soon I was the only one standing in the living room. I didn't want to go home, I was still upset from my fight with Chad.

So I stood there and listened to them arguing in the kitchen. I couldn't hear what was being said no matter how hard I tried. After a couple minutes I heard glass breaking. I ran into the kitchen, they both stopped and stared at me, I was drunk and crying, who wouldn't stare at me?

"Who are you?" Josh demanded

"A..Anna" I stammered. Robbie had come over and slipped his arm around my waist. "You ok?" I asked him, he nodded.

Josh looked at the two of us for a moment then he shook his head, "I'm going to bed."

After he left Robbie told me that Josh was supposed to be with Carol but something happened. Carol went by herself and Josh went out with his friends, "...he's just as wasted as we are." Robbie and I cleaned up a little then went upstairs. Robbie tried to get me to share his bed with him, but I told him I'd rather be alone. Reluctantly he showed me to the spare room and mentioned that he was in the room on the left, if I changed my mind. He went to the bathroom as I closed my door. I changed into the shirt that he had lent me and slipped into bed.

About an hour later, after tossing and turning I laid on my back thinking about Robbie's not so subtle invitation. Finally I decided to go join him, sure I wasn't really into him but I didn't want to be alone that night either. Quickly and quietly I made my way to his room. Closing the door, I paused momentarily as I heard his soft snores. I chuckled and decided to join him anyway. Waking up in someones arms is a lot better than waking up holding a pillow. I made my way to his bed, lifted the sheets and slid in next to him. I laid on my side, I could see his silhouette, he was laying on his stomach, his head in the pillow. I reached out my hand to touch his shoulder. I was a little surprised to find that he wasn't wearing a shirt, I couldn't help myself as I ran my hand down his back to the waistband of his pj pants, my lips pressed gently against his shoulder. He stirred, mumbling something I couldn't make out. I don't know if it was the drinks I had that night or if it was the fact that he was asleep and I was touching him but laying next to him I wanted him, badly. I trailed my fingers back and forth above the waistband of his pjs as I tried to figure out what else to do, I was very inexperienced. I knew I wanted to touch him but with him on his stomach, I didn't know how or where. I shifted my position, now up on my elbow I leaned over him and kissed the back of his neck. His arm came out, wrapped around my waist and pulled me to him. He stopped moving when his body was pressed up against mine, his lips rested against my forehead, his hand was cupping my bum. I could barely breath, I didn't expect to feel the sensations that flowed through me, I wanted more. I stretched, slowly turning my face up to his, my lips grazed his throat as I moved. A low moan came from his lips, his left hand left my bum to grip my hand as he turned me onto my back and moved over me. He lowered his head, his lips brushing mine once before he kissed me. Until that moment, I didn't understand what people meant with they said that they melted. I didn't have time to think about it either, for his hand had left mine and was sliding up under my shirt. I gasped against his mouth as his hand cupped my breast and I froze as I felt something cold and hard against my warm flesh. OH MY GOD!! My mind screamed as I realized what it was. I tried to push him away but he wouldn't stop. I panicked, I did the only thing I could think of, I bit his shoulder, hard.

He swore. "Son of a-" He stretched to turn on the lamp next to the bed, "Honey, wh-" He looked down at me, all the color drained out of his face, "Anna? How the..." He took a deep breath. "What the hell are you doing? Why are you..." His eyes had left mine, he was staring at my shirt barely covering my breast and his hand which was resting beneath. He pulled his hand away as if it was burnt, his eyes flew to mine, he ran his hand nervously through his hair. He cleared his throat and went to say something. I didn't want to hear what it was, I had to get outta there. I freed myself from him. I grabbed my stuff from the spare room and ran down the steps. I got to the front door before he caught up with me.

"Let me go." I cried, the tears streaming down my face. "I'm sorry...I didn't...I...I..." I gasped for breath as I struggled to get away from him. His eyes searched my face for a moment, then he released me. I ran out into the night, carrying my clothes, no shoes on my feet. I made it into Chad's house and in my bed without anyone seeing me. I cried myself to sleep that night, vowing to leave the next day.

****

I looked over at Jordan when I finished the story, he was staring at me in disbelief. "You made out with Josh?"

I nodded, "I didn't realize it was him at the time. Of course, when I look back on it, there were signs that I missed."

Jordan shook his head. "I can't believe you never told me this before."

I sighed, "Jordan, I wanted to forget it. It's not everyday I mistakenly make out with a married man. I was embarrassed and wanted to forget." Jordan hugged me. "It all came back tonight, I felt stupid all over again, and I passed out. I'm just glad that I never have to see him again."

"What do you mean?" Jordan looked puzzled.

"Well, he's only here for Christmas, visiting his parents. He'll have to go back home and I won't ever have to run into him again." I smiled, thinking how I'd only have to be on guard for a few days then it'll be fine again.

Jordan coughed, "Ummm Anna, I don't know how to tell you this."

"What?" I questioned cautiously

"Babe, Josh lives here now. He works at our old high school." He hugged me again, "Anna, he's friends with Zach."

1 comment:

Anna said...

Thank you for your comments. I'm not sure what you mean about the font colors, I have no trouble seeing them, but I'll check it again.