Sunday, December 31, 2006

Going Home

The rest of that night passed by quickly. I was very relieved when 10 pm came so I could go home. Home for me is a cozy three bedroom house located just outside city limits which I share with a friend. There aren't that many people who are fortunate enough to have a life long best friend, I was extremely fortunate, in that I have two. It's one of those cases where our parents were friends, so we hung out and actually liked hanging out.

On my way home that night, I was hoping that my roommate was home, I really needed to talk. But when I pulled onto my street and looked towards the house, I was disappointed to see all the lights were off with no cars in the driveway. Before entering my home, I checked the mail. Entering the front door, I flipped on the hall light and made my way to the kitchen. Hitting the button on the answering machine, I glanced at the whiteboard on the fridge to see if there was a note left. Not finding a message for me, I made my way down the hall to my bedroom.

In my room, I dropped the bags that contained the remainder of my Christmas shopping in the pile with the rest of the unwrapped ones. I stood for a moment rubbing my sore neck, then decided to go sit in a bubble bath and relax for a while.

After removing my clothes and donning a bathrobe, I made my way further down the hall, pass my roommates room to the end where the bathroom was located. The bathroom was tiny and nothing spectacular to look at. There was a small window across from the door, it had not curtains up to it, I'm not sure what kinda glass was in there but you couldn't see in from outside through it. I know that because I checked it out when we first moved in there. Behind the door stood a couple shelves that were built into the wall, they held our towels and extra bath products. Grabbing a towel and my bubble bath from the shelf I took the two steps to the left towards the tub. While checking the water temperature, I poured a generous amount of bubbles into the water. Stepping back from the tub I turned to brush out my hair. Finally the tub was full enough, I removed my robe and lowered my arching body into the water. Sighing, I leaned back and closed my eyes.

I must have fallen asleep for the next thing I know, I'm being shaken awake. "Wha-"

"You know babe, it's times like this..." My roommates words died off as he saw the look of panic on my face.

"Jordan! Get out!" I drew my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. "You shouldn't be in here."

Laughing, he knelt next to the tub, "Relax babe, I can't see anything, too many bubbles." He dipped his hand into the bubbles and removed some which he proceeded to blow around the room. "So I heard that you fainted flat on your face tonight. Something about some guy?"

I rolled my eyes, "How did you - oh wait, nevermind." Jordan had a friend who worked in TLE, Henry.

"So it's true then?" He turned to look at me, "You ok? Who was the guy?"
I sighed, "Josh Baker. It was stupid Jordy." I told him about Jesse and the Code Adam.

"I still don't understand the passing out." He said when I was done. I sighed again. "Come on Anna, why would seeing Coach Baker cause you to faint? You don't even know him."

I looked at Jordan. "I did five years ago. Well, sorta."

He gave me his 'you are talking crazy' look. "Secrets? From me? I'm shocked."

"Well, a girl's gotta have some secrets." I joked, he didn't laugh. Sigh. "Ok fine, give me a couple minutes. I'll finish up in here and join you out in the living room."

I took my time getting out of the tub, I really wanted to talk to Jordan about the whole thing with Josh but I've been trying to avoid ever remembering that night. When I joined him on the couch, Jordan was pretending to be asleep. "Took you long enough" he said, peeking at me through one half opened eye. I hit him with a cushion. "Abuse!" He called out as he grabbed me and started to tickle my sides.

I hit him again laughing. "Get off me you freak!" When we finally stopped laughing I started to tell him the whole story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are getting me hooked on a Walmart romance? Who woulda thunk it!!?? Anna??