Sunday, February 11, 2007

Turning Over A New Leaf?

After I got off the floor from hugging Jess, I told them all to behave while I got in the shower. The only one who said anything was Jess, and all he said was ‘ok.”

I had been very lucky the last couple days that my back wasn’t hurting as much as I thought it would. I wasn’t sure if it was the pills that the doctor told me to take or if the pain really wasn’t that bad but the bruising on my back still looked terrible. I happened to catch a glimpse of my back when I was drying off after my shower and I shuttered to think what else would’ve happened if no one showed up. Just how crazy is Carol? And should I be worried that something worst could happen?

Donning my robe, I opened the bathroom door and peeked out, the coast was clear. I ran to my room, dropping my robe as I closed the door. I turned around to head to my dresser, only to stop short. “Jordan?” I gasped; he was standing at the foot of my bed staring at me. “Jordan!” I shrieked and grabbed for my robe, holding it over my body.

Knock. Knock. “Anna? Honey, is everything ok?” Josh called through the door.

“Umm, yes.” I called back, not really wanting him to come in at this moment because he probably wouldn’t believe this had never happened before.

“Are you sure?” As quick as I could, without Jordan seeing any more of my naked body, I slipped my robe on and opened the door. The first thing Josh did was look pass me to where Jordan was standing. His jaw clenched and he cleared his throat.

I slipped my hand over his chest, my fingers stroking gently as I smiled up at him. “I didn’t mean to worry you; Jordan just surprised me, that’s all.”

His hand slid over mine, his fingers curling around it. He glanced at Jordan and then back to me. “Yeah?” He didn’t sound like he really believed me as he stared into my eyes.

I tilted my head to the side and watched as his gaze traveled to my neck and back again. “I wasn’t expecting him to be in here.”

Josh nodded, “No I don’t suppose you were.” Jesse called out to him and he seemed to remember that he was going to ask something. “So Jess is hungry and he would like a grill cheese sandwich, is it ok if I make him one?” My stomach growled when he mentioned food, he smiled, “Would you like one too?”

“I already started breakfast for us Anna.” Jordan stepped closer to us; Josh frowned.

I closed my eyes and mentally groaned, and people think it’s nice to have two guys who want you? “You know what guys?” I grabbed Jordan’s arm and pushed him towards the door, “I’m going to get dressed. Jordan show Josh where everything is, and whatever you do, don’t kill each other.” I closed the door on both of them before they could say anything.

I wasn’t sure if leaving them alone together was such a great idea. All the while I was getting dressed; I kept imaging all sorts of horrible images that would be waiting me when I joined them.

After a quick moment on my bangs with my hair dryer, I wandered out into the hallway; the only sound I heard was some cartoon on TV and Jesse’s laughter every once in a while. But I did smell food cooking.

As quietly as I could, I made my way down the hall to the kitchen. Both Josh and Jordan were back on to me, on opposite ends of the kitchen counter, I shook my head. I watched Josh cut up the sandwich he made for Jesse and Jordan was removing bacon and sausages from the grill. I smiled; at least they didn’t kill each other. Without saying a word, I made my way over to the fridge and pulled out the unopened container of orange juice before I made my way to the table.

My kitchen table wasn’t that big; it was square and sat four comfortably. I normally sat facing the wall and Jordan would sit to my right. Josh came over and laid Jesse’s plate on the table, right in Jordan’s spot. Now normally Jordan wouldn’t have an issue with it but I wasn’t taking the chance this morning, I lifted the plate and moved it to my left as Josh leaned around the corner and told Jess to come eat. When he looked back again he gave me a questioning look, I looked over my shoulder at Jordan and Josh nodded.

“Hi Ama,” Jesse crawled up to the table and handed me his cup. Like the yesterday, he picked up his fork and then picked up a piece of his sandwich with both his fork and his hand. “Thanks” he said as I placed the newly filled cup in front of him.

Josh soon came to the table with two plates, “I wasn’t sure if you wanted one.” I smiled at him as I reached to take one of the plates.

I was just cutting into my sandwich when Jordan came over with his hands full. “Oh,” he said as he set down his plate and looked at the one he had made for me. Normally whenever Jordan made breakfast for us, I always have the same thing; eggs over hard with sausages and bacon.

I glanced up at Jordan, and then looked around at Josh and Jess, all eyes were on me; I held out my hand and took the plate placing it in front of me. Jordan sat down with the plate of extra bacon and sausages; we normally cooked the whole package of both and eat the leftovers later.

There wasn’t much said as everyone sat around the table, it was probably the most quiet meal that was ever had in my house with four people. Clicking of silverware was about the only sound besides the TV in the living room.

I was just starting on my eggs when Jesse finished his sandwich and got up on his knees on the chair. He leaned in over the table and looked at his dad, Jordan and me. When I looked at him he giggled and sat back in his chair only to lean in over the table a few minutes later. He did this a couple times before he tapped my hand and motioned for me to come closer. Leaning down to him, he held his hand up to his mouth and whispered in my ear. “Ama, I have some?” I followed his gaze; he was looking at the plate of extras. I reached for the plate and held it out to him, “Thanks Ama,” he said, taking two sausages from the plate.

I glanced at Josh when I put the plate down; he was staring at his empty plate like he was wishing for more food to appear on it. I stretched out my leg and ran my foot along his calf, when he looked up at me, I smiled. “Did you want some?” I pointed to the plate of extras. He hesitated for a moment longer than necessary before shaking his head. “You can, you know. Jordan and I aren’t going to eat all of that.”

Jordan’s head snap up when he heard his name, “Yeah man, go ahead.”

“Would you like some eggs too?” I asked, about ready to get up.

“Hell no,” Jordan exclaimed stopping me. “You aren’t touching my grill.” He took a sip of his juice and stood up, “How do you like your eggs man?” He got the eggs from the fridge and turned on the grill again. “I can do over hard and scrambled, the rest...” he shrugged.

Josh raised his brow and shot me a confused look, I shrugged my shoulders; I certainly didn’t expect Jordan to suddenly be so helpful. Josh told him scrambled was fine.

When Jordan returned to the table, it was like we entered the twilight zone. Gone was the pain-in-the-butt Jordan that’s been around for the pass week and the old friendly, outgoing Jordan was back in full force. As much as I loved to see that Jordan again, I was a little weary about it but I refrained from saying anything.

After we were all finished eating, and the dishes were cleared away, we sat around talking about movie, our favorites. Jesse started to go on about Cars. "We have that don't we babe?" I nodded, and Jordan continued, "I haven't seen it, have I?" Josh raised his brow in my direction, I wish I knew what he was thinking at that moment. "I don't think you have." Jesse gasped, "You no see Cars?" He jumped from the chair and ran around to Jordan. Grabbing his hand, Jesse tugged on it. "We watch Cars now." Josh started to tell Jesse that Jordan didn't want to watch it when Jordan stood up, he was smiling. "Lead the way kid," he said before following Jess into the living room.

Josh sat back in his chair, staring at the spot that moments ago held his son. He looked at me, a bewildered expression on his face. “What just happened?” I opened my mouth but nothing came out, I shook my head and held up my hands in the universal ‘I don’t know’ way. Josh jumped up and peeked around the corner into the living room and then sat back down. “Is he on some kind of medication? Or should he be?”

I laughed, “No. That is my real best friend, it’s nice to see him again.” I stood up and started to fill the sink full of water for the dishes.

Josh came over, moved me aside and started to wash the dishes. “Do you think it’s an act?”

I shrugged, “I sure hope not.”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting...all
I could think of while
I read was how much I don't like Jordan in the picture. I'm curious to see how long this civil part of Jordan will remain...for some reason I just don't trust what he's doing...

Anonymous said...

I think Jordan is trying to act like he used to because he's realizing that he will never have a chance with Anna if he's acting like a jackass. There might be something else behind his behavior but I think he knows that if he doesn't change he could really lose her even as a friend.

Anonymous said...

can i just say THANK YOU for posting every day?
i love this blog!

i don't trust Jordan yet. i think he's using Jesse as his own "trump card" as he himself said to get Anna back. He's very manipulative in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I think Jordans sudden behaviour change has to do with the fact that he just saw Anna naked. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Anna said...

you know the worst thing about weekends? No one is updating their blogs...well, except me it seems...and not many people are making comments ~sigh~


It's interesting to see how not that long ago people were all for Jordan and now, they don't like him at all ~g~

And yes, Anonymous 11:05, you can say thank you ~g~ If I didn't post everyday, I think I'd go insane and we wouldn't want that to happen ~s~

Anonymous said...

i kno everyone hates jordan now but i still kinda feel bad that anna never gave him a chance....i think it would b interesting to see wat could happen between them because before he told her he had feelings for her they sort of acted like a couple...he always called her babe and they layed on the couch and he held her...i just hope that if they dont end up together they can salvage their friendship

Anonymous said...

I still am all for Jordan, I thought he wasn't trying to be malicious or anything but then it seemed like he was trying to be a jerk. Either way, I still think he deserved some sort of a chance. It's moving way to fast with Josh and especially now with Jesse saying he wants her to be his mom

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to say about Jordan...Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo (twilight zone theme song) Can't wait to see what happens next

LOVE THE BLOG!!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

Still Team Jordan! If this has only been a weeks time then I agree with anon 6:08... the whole Josh thing is just moving way to fast. Plus, sometimes the best relationships start out from friendships! I think the Josh-Anna-Jesse thing is cute but Im still rooting for Jordan.