Monday, February 19, 2007

Nothing Comes Between A Guy And His 'Chick'

Having just spent a couple hours in the baby department, I was starting to feel like that moment would never come for me, not that I’m in any real hurry to have children right now. But ever since Cassie told me that she over heard Jesse tell Conner that he wanted me to be his mom, I have been thinking about it a lot more than normal.

Just thinking about Jesse made me wonder if Josh was able to get hold of his lawyer and if there was anything he could do to keep Jess with him instead of letting Carol take him tomorrow. Thinking about Josh and babies made me think about him naked in my bed this morning, which then made me think about Jordan’s comment about going way too fast and for once, he was right. I don’t know why I’ve jumped to that level so quickly with Josh; it does normally take a while for someone to get even close to my bed.

I was following the boys out to my car in the parking lot, half listening to what they were saying but paying more attention to the thoughts in my head. Maybe I just feel like I’ve known him forever since I’ve been thinking about him for the last five years, wanting him, dreaming about him. Well, I don’t have to think anymore, I sighed happily. He’s here and wanting me, what else could a girl ask for? The car I was passing by got my attention, or at least the woman who was getting out of it did. I didn’t know her nor was there anything I recognized about her but as I watched her pull her children out of the car, I stopped short. In a panic I tried to do some mental calculations but I couldn’t recall an important part of the equation.

“Hey Anna!” Nick’s voice sounded so far away yet he was standing only five feet away from me. I stared at him as my thoughts ran around inside my mind, what if…? I couldn’t even finish that thought, I told myself it wasn’t possible or it would be too early to tell but deep down I wondered could I be pregnant?

“Anna!” Nick yelled again, this time his voice came through loud and clear. Shaking my head, trying to clear the fog that surrounded me, I gave him a questioning look. “Are you going to unlock the doors? Or did you want me to break in?”

I walked the remaining distance to my car, unlocking the doors with the remote as I went. My hand was on the handle of my door when I noticed Jordan was still standing. “It’s open.” I mumbled looking over the car at him.

“Are you ok?”

I nodded and gave a little chuckle, “Just working myself into a panic over nothing. I’m fine.” Or I will be, I thought as I told myself it was time to slow down a little with Josh.

As I pulled out of the parking lot the boys decided they wanted to grab something to eat. Like always when we all were together, there was a bit of a disagreement about where they wanted to go but in the end we ended up deciding on Mary Brown’s because we hadn’t been there in a while.

I had just pulled into the parking lot when Nick’s cell phone began to ring. A hugh grin spread across his face as he glanced at the caller ID “Hello my love,” he said when he answered the phone. Jordan and I didn’t even pretend to not be eavesdropping; we both turned around and watched him as he spoke to Amy. “No darling I’m still out with Jordy and Anna. What? Yeah, she’s driving us; did you want to talk to her?” He paused, stuck out his tongue at us as he motioned for us to go away. “Oh ok. Well we were going to grab something to eat here.” He paused again, then told her where. “Ok, sure I’ll order that for you so it’s ready when you get here. See you soon. Love you.” He hung up the phone. “What are you two staring at?”

Jordan and I looked at each other before getting out of the car. “Nothing,” Jordan replied, making whipping sounds as he headed for the front doors.

I took a deep breath as we walked through the doors, my mouth began to water and my stomach started to growl as the delicious aroma tickled my senses. Mary Brown’s is by far the best place to go for chicken, it’s like KFC only a hundred billion times better. We quickly placed our orders and found a booth to settle into while we waited for our food.

Amy arrived shortly afterwards, she smiled at Jordan and me as she slid in next to Nick and that’s about all the acknowledgment that we received before she began her rant about all the things her mom insists that she be doing now that she’s pregnant. Once our food came, she stopped ranting, looked at the plate Nick placed in front of her and started to cry. “I can’t eat this.” She said through her sobs, poking at the chicken on her plate with the fork.

Nick glanced at the plate and then her. “You said you wanted that.”

“I changed my mind!” Amy hissed at him, shoving the plate away from her almost knocking it off the table. Glancing at his plate she smiled and turned to him. “Nicky,” her tone had changed, she was now being oh so sweet as she slipped her arm around his back and placed her other hand on his chest. “Honey, can I have your burger?”

“But you said you wanted that.” Nick’s voice was barely a whisper; he was looking at his burger with a sad expression on his face.

Amy’s hand went to Nick’s cheek, she caressed it and he turned towards her. “But the baby wants the burger now.”

I cringed as she said that. Nick has been ordering burgers from here longer than Amy has been in his life, he loved them and wasn’t too fond of actual chicken. There have been times where they had gotten into arguments if she even asked for a bite of his burger. I watched Nick as he glanced between the plates of food and the menu board. When Nick ordered the food, he didn’t have enough cash on him to cover it; he had to borrow a couple bucks from Jordan. I knew he didn’t want to give up his burger, and I also knew that he wouldn’t dare ask Jordan or me to lend him any money with Amy sitting there. I wanted to offer to buy a burger for Amy but I knew that wouldn’t go over too well either. I heard Jordan take a deep breath and glanced towards him, he looked at me and I knew he was thinking the same thing. Although it was difficult, we did what any friend could do without making the situation worst, we did nothing.

Nick reluctantly grabbed Amy’s abandoned plate and moved his over to her. She smiled and hugged him. “Oh thank you Nicky!”

No one said anything as we all dug into our food. At one point I looked up at Nick, he was watching Amy bite into his burger and I thought he was going to cry. When Amy got up to go to the bathroom, I gently kicked him under the table; he slowly turned towards me, as if he didn’t want to take his eyes off the remainder of the burger that sat on Amy’s plate. When I asked if he was ok, he shrugged. “I can only hope she can’t finish it,” he joked half heartedly.

We didn’t stay there very long after we had finished eating, with Nick not really being all that talkative, it became a chore to sitting there with them.

Jordan and I spent the rest of the day sitting around the house watching movies, not really saying anything to each other. It was eight before I decided to go and get ready to leave for Josh’s.

Climbing the stairs to Josh’s apartment, I found the funky mood I was in began to lift; I almost ran up the last couple stairs, I wanted to see him that badly.

As I walked through the doorway to his floor, his apartment door opened. Great timing, I thought as a hugh smile spread across my face. I was about to say something along those lines when a woman walked out his door. I froze in my tracks as she turned around to face Josh who was standing just inside the door so he couldn’t see me. “I can’t thank you enough for that,” the woman said as she lifted her hand to his chest and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

“That’s what I’m here for,” he replied then added, “Anytime you need more don’t hesitate to come see me, ok?” He brushed a strand of hair away from her forehead before he kissed it.

The woman laughed, “Our little secret?” She asked and he nodded. “Good,” she glanced at her watch. “Well I better go and let you get that shower before Anna shows up.” She gave him one last hug before she turned. I wanted to run, I didn’t want either of them to see me but I found I couldn’t move, I stood rooted in that spot as an indescribable pain stabbed me in the chest. She paused as her eyes met mine, “Well too late for that idea Josh.” She looked over her shoulder at him, “If I’m not mistaken that’s her now.”

10 comments:

Anna said...

Just writing about Mary Brown's makes me hungry for their taters with dressing and gravy ~groans as my stomach talks to me~ but it's in the morning and they aren't even thinking about opening yet ~l~

Most probably don't know the restaurant seeing it's Canadian, it started in Newfoundland ('back home' as I love to call it, seeing I don't live there anymore) but here's a link with a little bit about it

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1231649

~can't wait for all your comments~

Anonymous said...

Oh no what now? : (

Anonymous said...

Holy Crapp! I need another post right noowww! lol.

Anonymous said...

Okay, what just happened???

Anonymous said...

It's probably justa relative or something. I know what you're all thinking but Josh doesn't seem the type.

Anonymous said...

JOSH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

She had better be related to him!!!

GREAT POST!!!! I know i say it everytime, but I CAN'T WAIT TO READ TOMORROW'S POST!!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

o dear....i need another post ASAP!


-B

Anonymous said...

neh josh wouldn't do that to anna. why would he go the apt in the middle of the night with jessy just to talk to her...so my guess, it's hanks girlfriend. She went to josh bc she had money problems. and josh is helping her bc it's robbies exwife or something and that little girl is robbies daughter. remember that anna looked into the little girls eyes and it looked familiar, it's bc robbie and josh have the same eyes.. but we'll see!
thanks for posting everyday!!!

Anonymous said...

mya is smart.. definately probably what happened. anna can't be mad at josh for kissing her forehead or wiping hair from her face either because she sleeps in the same bed as jordan and she kisses jordan on the lips a lot too, so now she has a taste of her own medicine..

Anonymous said...

I'm patiently waiting...still waiting...I'm running out of nails, still waiting.

LUV THIS BLOG

G

Still waiting (ha, ha, wink, wink)