Monday, February 12, 2007

Little Moments Like This

Josh and I didn’t say that much as we continued with the dishes. Every now and then he would gently elbow me, I would look up at him but he wouldn’t be looking at me; he always had his head down, concentrating on what he was doing. After he did it a couple times, I decided I wasn’t going to turn to him anymore if he did it again. Not even a minute after I decided that, he elbowed me. I picked a plate up out of the dish drainer and carefully dried it, ignoring him. He elbowed me again and I turned to put the plate away in the cupboard.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see that he stopped washing the dishes and was turned slightly towards me, I continued to ignore him and picked up another plate. I could feel his eyes on me as I turned to put that plate away, I smiled to myself wondering how long it would be before he said anything. The moment I pulled my hand back from putting the plate away, his wet and soapy hands slipped around my waist, pulling me back against him.

His breath was warm against my cheek; he nudged my head with his chin until I gave in and tilted my head to the side, opening my neck up to him. He wasted no time at all, his lips grazed along my neck until he found the spot he was searching for, the spot that always seems to make my knees feel like jelly. His arms tightened around my waist, holding me while shivers ran through my body.

As quick as he had grabbed me, he let me go. “Oh!” I exclaimed, grabbing for the counter so I didn’t fall.

Josh chuckled, his voice low against my ear. “I would never let you fall.” When his lips closed around my earlobe, I groaned and tried to pull away from him. “What’s wrong?” He turned me around to face him; he was frowning as he searched my eyes for some hint to the problem.

I shook my head because I couldn’t find my voice to tell him that nothing was wrong. Gazing up at him, my hands slide over his chest up to his shoulders. I flashed him a naughty smile and wet my slightly parted lips. His eyes were instantly drawn to my mouth, his lips parted and he lifted his hand to my cheek, stroking his fingers along my jaw. “So beautiful,” he whispered.

I couldn’t help but smile, how could I? Standing before me was the most handsome man I’ve ever laid eyes on who thought I was beautiful and who never missed a moment to tell or show me he thought so. I slipped my hands down around his waist and held him tight; I pressed my face against his chest, closed my eyes and listened to the steady beat of his heart. Breathing in his scent, I wonder how on earth any woman would think he wasn’t good enough for her. If I didn’t know already, I’d insist that Carol was insane just for leaving him.

I stood in his arms without moving for so long he asked me if I fell asleep on him. I moved back enough to look up at him, my eyes still half closed. He kissed the tip of my nose, “You were sleeping.”

I laughed, “No I was just enjoying your arms around me.” I pressed my face against his chest again and sighed, “I could stay like this forever.”

Unwrapping his arms from around me, his hands traveled downwards to grip my butt and in one swift movement, he lifted me off the floor and sat me on the counter. “Could you?” He asked, gazing into my eyes.

Smiling, I grabbed hold of his hands, tugging him closer to me so I could wrap his arms around me again. “Josh, honey you have no idea how great it feels to be in your arms.”

He thought about that and grinned, “You’re right, I don’t but,” his fingers trailed down my thighs; slipping his hands behind my knees he guided my legs around his waist before his hands slid back around my waist. “I know how great it feels to be wrapped up in you.”

“Sweet talker,” I whispered, leaning in to give him a quick kiss on the lips.

“Tease,” he whispered, leaning in to kiss me properly.

“Daddy!” Jesse called out just before he came into the kitchen. Josh sighed and glanced over his shoulder at him. “What doing daddy? Kissing Ama?” He giggled, slipping his hand over his mouth as he asked that last question.

“I was trying to.” Josh mumbled under his breath.

Jesse was now standing next to Josh, his head all the way back so he could look up at his dad, “I have some juice?” He held out his sippy cup to Josh.

Josh hesitated for a moment and then reluctantly started to pull away from me. “Hey man, don’t worry about it; I’ll get the kid some. I need something to drink myself.” Jordan said as he came into the kitchen and headed for the fridge. “What did you want?”

Jesse ran over to stand in front of the open door with Jordan, as he scanned the shelves, he scratched the back of his head. “I have that one?” He pointed into the fridge and looked up at Jordan expectantly.

Jordan nodded, pulled out the orange juice. “Good choice buddy,” he said as he walked over to where Josh and I were. Jordan filled up Jesse’s cup and then went to grab a glass for himself which were in the cupboard to my left. “Umm Anna,” he looked at me and was trying not to laugh.

I narrowed my eyes, “What?”

He raised a brow, “Do you feel a little wet?”

I blushed and gasped, “Jordan! That’s none of your business!”

He looked at me in confusion, glanced at my legs which were still wrapped around Josh and cringed. “Not that way you perv!” He rolled his eyes at me, “You are sitting in water smartass.” I jumped forward on the counter, rubbing against Josh, who lowered his head onto my shoulder, his teeth pressing against my skin as he tried to muffle his groan.

Jordan shook his head, “Jess lets go finish the movie.” He returned the juice to the fridge and left the room with Jesse right behind him.

Josh lifted his head from my shoulder, kissing the spot that he bit. “Sorry honey,” he whispered as he smiled at me. “I couldn’t help it.”

I grinned, “I bet you couldn’t.” I unwrapped myself from him, “As much as I hate to move, I should probably go change my pants.”

Josh helped me off the counter and kissed my cheek. With a naughty grin, he asked. “Do you need any help?”

I let my fingers trail down his arm as I started to walk away, he grasped my fingers in his hand; I glanced over my shoulder, smiling as I led him out of the kitchen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post...
actually very good as I just had 3 posts in a row!!
PCS

Anonymous said...

good post. i would keep an eye on jordan. i find it hard to believe anyone can go from being crazy jealous to okay with everything overnight. just my opinion though.

Anonymous said...

I smell somthing FISH!!!

Watch out Ana, your right you cannot totally trust him...so soon.

G

Anonymous said...

Good post !
I'm so intrigued by Jordan's behavior, I think he's up to something, I really don't trust him right now. Can't wait to see what's going to happen!!

Love this blog!

Viv

Anonymous said...

Great post today. I wonder when Jordan will choose to show his true colors....

Anonymous said...

I concur with everyone. Jordan is up to something. I wonder what it is... I can't wait to find out!!

Great entry!!

Vikki

Anonymous said...

GREAT BLOG!!! I hope we get to read the continuation of them leaving the kitchen...

Great writing!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

i don't think jordan is up to anything.. i think he's realizing that anna will pick josh over him in the loving sense.. so he's trying to play up the best friend role so she won't completely cut him off. i don't think anna should be running off to do the dirty with jesse AND jordan in the house.. at least wait til everone's sleeping!