Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ready. Set. Hunt.

Saturday morning, despite going to bed really late the night before, Jordan was wide awake at 6am and he didn’t leave me alone until I was as well. “Why?” I groaned as I buried my face against his chest. “It’s Saturday, why can’t we sleep in, just a little? Please Jordy?”

“Come on!” He poked me in the ribs, chuckling when I batted his hand away and whined my displeasure. “It’s a beautiful day, the…” he trailed off and I felt him move away for a moment. “Well, it’s still dark outside but I’m sure it’ll be a beautiful day once the sun appears. And you know what today is?”

Groaning, I rolled away from him. “The day I leave you for depriving me of my beauty sleep?”

He laughed. “No, it’s House Hunting day! And we also get to pack more and have dinner with your family.” Sliding across the bed towards me, he cradled my body with his. “Leaving me isn’t on the agenda today, especially not when you begged for my earth moving demonstration last night.”

“I never beg.” I mumbled. “Besides, a gentleman would never bring it up, if I did.”

“What makes you think I’m a gentleman?”

“My next boyfriend will be.”

With a chuckle, Jordan told me that was good news. “It won’t last though. You’d be bored and begging me to take you back.”

“You are very lucky I love you Jordy.”

He never uttered a word as he crawled over me and came to rest before me. I thought he was going to let me sleep so I let my eyes fluttered closed and I was ready to drift off into dreamland when I felt his fingers brush my cheek. “Jordy…” I reached for him.

“I knew you wanted me,” he whispered as he engulfed me in his arms.

****

“Jenna. Oh Jenna! Where are you?” Jordan’s excitement hadn’t worn off all morning. It was a little annoying but on the plus side, he did finish what he set out to do in no time at all. Now he was sitting in Jenna’s room, looking around frantically for her as she giggled uncontrollably underneath her favourite blanket. “Anna? Babe, have you seen Jenna? She was just here!”

“I don’t know,” I pretended to be just as concerned as he was as I stood in the doorway watching the two of them. “She didn’t come out here.”

“She couldn’t have just disappeared,” he frowned. “Could she?”

I smiled, “Jordy I think –”

“Peeboo!” Jenna threw down her blanket and laughed. “Peeboo Dada!”

“Jenna!” Jordan gasped in fake surprise. “There you are! Daddy thought you ran away!” He went to reach for her but she threw the blanket over her head again. “Oh no!” Jordan exclaimed. “Where did Jenna go now?”

Once again, the blanket flew down and Jenna giggled, “Peeboo!”

“Peek-a-boo!” Jordan exclaimed as he grabbed her sides and started to tickle her until she fell backwards in a fit of giggles. “Daddy’s got you now!” He laughed as he collapsed next to her, lifting her into the air as he rolled onto his back. “You are Daddy’s little girl, aren’t you J-Roll?”

Jenna, in response, covered her eyes and quickly uncovered them.

“Peek-a-boo!”

“Peeboo!”

Jordan and Jenna exclaimed at the same time and then collapsed into yet another fit of laughter, together.

I stood in the doorway and watched them bond. It was nothing if not heart warming to watch but I had to break it up, Jordan needed to shower before we headed out to view houses. “Jordy?” I walked into the room and they both turned to stare at me. “I hate to break up your playtime but aren’t you going to shower?”

“Yeah…” He trailed off. “Did you shower already?”

“Not yet.”

“Well then,” he gave me a smile and told me to get on it. “I’ll take one after you.”

“Ok,” I shrugged as I headed for the bathroom. I wasn’t about to remind him that he took longer to get ready than I did, that’s why I asked him about the shower.

I had only been in the shower for maybe two minutes when the shower curtain drew back and Jordan appeared in front of me. “What are you doing? Where’s Jenna?”

A smile spread across his face as he gazed at me naked before him. “I need to shower,” he replied innocently as he reached for me.

“But…but…” All thought left my mind momentarily as his lips trailed along my collarbone. My eyes drifted shut and I felt all the usual emotions start to twirl around inside me whenever his lips touched my skin. It was heaven and I was seriously getting lost in it.

“Peeboo Dada!”

“Jordan!” I squealed as I pushed him away and tried to cover myself from Jenna’s innocent eyes. “What is she doing there?”

“What?” He chuckled as he turned to kneel down and lean over the edge of the tub to where Jenna stood. “Hey J-Roll, did you pee?” He leaned further out and shook his head. “You didn’t! I thought you said you needed to go potty?” He gave her a stern look and she pouted. “Don’t give me that look,” he spoke sternly but softly. “I want you to sit on the potty until you pee. OK?”

Jenna stared up at him like he just told her Dora was just a cartoon. Her tiny bottom lip trembled and I know that she never heard him talk like that before; at least, not directed at her.

“OK Jenna?”

She shyly glanced my way before turning suddenly and disappearing beyond the curtain.

“That’s it,” Jordan grinned. “Daddy loves you Jenna.”

When Jordan returned to me, he tried to take me in his arms but I slapped his hands away. “How can you? With Jenna…?” I motioned towards the curtain.

“What?” He looked so confused. “Jenna had to potty, I had to shower. What did you want me to do? Leave her out in the living room where she could get into all sorts of trouble?”

“You could’ve waited,” I told him. “You could’ve waited until after I showered so I could keep an eye on her while you showered.”

“What’s the big deal? It’s not like I’m the first parent to ever think of showering when his kid is in the room.” He paused briefly. “What do you think most single parents do? Wait until their child is asleep to use the bathroom?”

“It’s just…”

“Anna,” he grasped my hands and pulled me to him. “It’s not like I didn’t think this through. Jenna isn’t going to be scarred for life.”

“You think I’m crazy, don’t you?”

Jordan grinned, “Well….”

With a gasp, I lifted my hand and hit his arm. “Jerk!”

****

When Jordan strapped Jenna into her car seat mid afternoon, she made no bones about not wanting to be locked down. Kicking and screaming there was nothing Jordan could do calm her down. His pleas when unheard and his feeble attempt at bribing didn’t even cause her to halt her actions, not even for a moment. Jenna wasn’t feeling great and she wanted the entire world to know.

“It’s going to be a long and difficult day,” Jordan stated when he jumped into the seat next to me. “I just hope we make it through with our sanity still intact!”

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was stupid of Jordan, he needs to put his daughter in front of his girlfriend.

While having a child in a room where two PARENTS are acting that way may not be insanely innapropriate, having them do that when Anna is not, and will never be her mother is grossly wrong.

shame on them.

Anonymous said...

This blog use to be one of my faves but now it's starting to annoy me.

xJessie

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ first anon to a degree. I think with Jenna growing up knowing Anna as a mom its not that bad, but kids remember way more than youg ive them credit for. I have memories of being 4 years old (the house we lived in, getting our first dog, etc).

I can see anna bringing jenna in with her, or jordan (up to a certain age)... but not together. its innapropriate.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that was appropriate action for Jenna to be in the bathroom when they showered, but it's realistic at least. I have three kids from a previous marriage, and my husband now doesn't understand why we can't shower together when the kids are up or why he shouldn't be ogling me in the bath while they're running around...it just doesn't set a good example in this situation...

However, good writing Angela!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think that was appropriate action for Jenna to be in the bathroom when they showered, but it's realistic at least. I have three kids from a previous marriage, and my husband now doesn't understand why we can't shower together when the kids are up or why he shouldn't be ogling me in the bath while they're running around...it just doesn't set a good example in this situation...

However, good writing Angela!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. She's probably going to be having sex in 8 years or so anyways, so who cares? At least growing up around a loving relationship, that kind of comfortability, she'll have higher standards for herself. In a way it's kind of beneficial for her. You guys are such prudes.

mum said...

I'd like to say first that I just found this again. I had been using an old shortcut, I guess, and it was stuck on the last post of 2008. I found out by accident that there were 2009 posts. Glad to see you're still at it, Angela. I was worried about you. Also, sorry about your mom. From your comments, it sounds like you are the rock to a lot of people. Be sure to take care of you, girlfriend.

On to the post - do you guys really think they actually did the nasty in the shower with the child in the bathroom with them? Snuggling and kissing is one thing. I personally didn't take issue with it. She is only 2 and I don't think they were being inapproriate.

Glad to be back! mum

Anonymous said...

having sex in 8 years?
isn't she like 2??
okay so she's having sex at the age of 10?
right.
not really a beneficial argument
it was inappropriate, but i don't think its a scarring action
new post soon!
ally

Anonymous said...

My kids are 7 and 8 and my husband and I still shower together, we lock the door so they can't come in and catch us. I don't think there is anything wrong with a child being witness to a loving relationship, I'd be more concerned if they didn't see it. Coming from a home where there was not alot of PDA, it affected me once I had my own relationships, I wasn't sure how to act.

Anonymous said...

I Loved the post. It was great Angela! There was nothing wrong with the post at all.

Hope to see a new one soon!

~Randi

Carmel Beauty said...

LOVED THE POST CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE. HOPE EVERYTHING IS WELL WITH YOU!

Anonymous said...

Thank u ;-) check out that emo boy hair on this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info